Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Milo and POTUS posted:

If this fucker dies from Roni it might renew my belief in a just universe

Same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Oh, was that havasupai?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Oh, was that havasupai?

those are the folks what live there

their victory of getting that land back is unbelievable. check out the book I Am The Grand Canyon for a tale both sobering and uplifting.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Internet Wizard posted:

It infuriates me when conservatives criticise a government agency providing a public service for "not having a good business model" and "operating at a loss". It SHOULD be operating at a loss! It shouldn't NEED to generate a profit, it shouldn't NEED a good business model, because it's not a business!

Yeah - the government should be good stewards public trust and money. It shouldn't be a good business model because no business in their right mind would have country levels of respirators or ventilators held in reserve or super carriers or...

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Under my administration, anyone caught maximizing shareholder value, or adopting a just-in-time supply chain strategy for vital goods, shall be punished by death.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Hekk posted:

I went to the Grand Canyon a few years back and saw a postal workers loading donkeys to walk them down the trail to a Native American reservation around the bottom of the canyon. There is no way a business would serve a community like that without jacking prices up so high no one could afford to ship anything to that location.

Well naturally a startup would buy the rights to the Grand Canyon mail route and replace the donkey's with a $2 Billion robot donkey.

Then the startup would be sold to Amazon who would decommission the route as too expansive.

The robot donkey would then be used by white supremacists as a donkey bomb.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

BigDave posted:

Well naturally a startup would buy the rights to the Grand Canyon mail route and replace the donkey's with a $2 Billion robot donkey.

Then the startup would be sold to Amazon who would decommission the route as too expansive.

The robot donkey would then be used by white supremacists as a donkey bomb.

HOW DID YOU GET A COPY OF MY SCREENPLAY???

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://www.businessinsider.com/gop-senator-open-economy-coronavirus-death-unavoidable-part-johnson-life-2020-3

quote:

Republican Sen. Ron Johnson of Wisconsin in a USA Today op-ed article published Sunday called for reopening parts of the American economy to avoid throwing it into a recession or depression, saying that "death is an unavoidable part of life."

Though Johnson didn't advocate fully starting up the economy, he said the crisis should be put into perspective.

"What more people are saying is that as we learn more about COVID-19, we should evaluate the total societal cost of this awful disease and try to put things into perspective," Johnson said.

The Wisconsin senator drew a parallel between the tens of thousands of Americans who die by suicide and from drug overdoses each year, adding that "that level of individual despair has occurred in a strong economy."

Johnson, who sits on the Commerce and Homeland Security committees, also made a comparison to last year's "exceptionally bad" flu season and said Americans shouldn't overreact.

"Every premature death is a tragedy, but death is an unavoidable part of life," he said.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Is he volunteering to go first?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Ardlen posted:

Is he volunteering to go first?

He wants you to

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Hopefully he gets it and dies. After all, it's just the cost of doing business!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The doctors and nurses being banned from wearing masks thing has been talked about but here's even more!

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1245078449225687040?s=19

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Eej posted:

The doctors and nurses being banned from wearing masks thing has been talked about but here's even more!

Hospital admins aren’t going to care unless the joint commission comes down on them

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I’d like to invoke a new legal precedent. These people inflicting misery are ghouls; they therefore rank among the undead so disposing of them is not only not a crime but actively encouraged and rewarded.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Why is a republican senator arguing such a strong case for Maoism

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I believe some of these vicious dingbats are working, maybe some of them even working hard.

But none of them are working to head off this or any other (climate change, etc) disaster. They're working to ensure that whenever poo poo goes south, they and their buddies are still the ones on top.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Eej posted:

this is from the OSHA thread on the 26th

I asked my wife if it was true when it was posted, she said yes and thats why the nurses here had the protests. The other articles I posted back most of that up. The only iffy part of it is the threats to fire, which may have been from a few ~select~ managers at some hospitals.

One of the biggest problems with ventilators are they are not a closed system. Moisture from the lungs gets aerosolized and spread all over the drat place, carrying the virus all over.

ded fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Apr 1, 2020

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
https://twitter.com/racheljulie/status/1245114069339852802?s=09

'merica.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
My county has been in lockdown since mar 16th and was supposed to last until 'at least' april 7th. Now it's going to continue till at least may 3rd.

quote:

March 31, 2020 – See Press Release (PDF): Bay Area Health Officers Issue Updated Stay-at-Home Order with New Restrictions to Last Through May 3, 2020. According to the release, more time and additional restrictions are needed to slow the spread and reduce future impact on local hospitals from COVID-19. See Health Officer Order Through May 3 (PDF). Read the Summary of New Shelter Order (PDF) for further clarification.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

In developing countries, medical protective equipment and proper sanitation aren't properly used because they lack the resources. In America, they aren't used because we simply didn't bother to start making enough despite massive industrial capacity and forewarning.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Even better, we sent a bunch of our PPE to China last month.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/29/opinions/coronavirus-personal-protective-equipment-obeidallah/index.html

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Why would we need it? We were going to top out at 15 deaths.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Stop trying to imply you actually thought about any of this before you said what you said.

PookBear posted:

also with how the government is completely refusing to give doctors and nurses any support during this time there is no way I'd risk my life for this. Don't die for a country that is too cheap to give you loving masks

This is my original comment on this. My original intent in this was to express hatred towards our government and an overall feeling that I am not willing to risk my life for a country that doesn't value my life.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 1, 2020

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Stultus Maximus posted:

Why would we need it? We were going to top out at 15 deaths.

Just going to disappear in april. Very beautiful.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

loving Democrats and their impeachment hoax

Also holy gently caress

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Did A-Rod send those?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

LingcodKilla posted:

Did A-Rod send those?

THAT'S why trump was talking to A-Rod last week. Makes total sense now.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
How long until we build a new Los Alamos/Oak Ridge/Hanford/Black Mesa that screens, isolates, and quarantines all inbound personnel only instead of making weapons, it's for basic industry and manufacturing?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm waiting for turmp to issue a decree rounding up all the virus positive people and cutting them loose in democratic party heavy districts, then fencing them into the cities and not bothering to test anyone inside after, just outside, and a positive gets you dropped off in San Francisco or Seattle or Detroit or something.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

piL posted:

How long until we build a new Los Alamos/Oak Ridge/Hanford/Black Mesa that screens, isolates, and quarantines all inbound personnel only instead of making weapons, it's for basic industry and manufacturing?

Infinite years

Building weapons is 'merican

Building things that help people is communism

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm waiting for turmp to issue a decree rounding up all the virus positive people and cutting them loose in democratic party heavy districts, then fencing them into the cities and not bothering to test anyone inside after, just outside, and a positive gets you dropped off in San Francisco or Seattle or Detroit or something.

The Division 3 plot right here, folks

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

At least the job will be professional. America has centuries of experience with concentration camps.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

M_Gargantua posted:

The white noise at least lets me know that i'm not the only one desperately angry at the world around me yet feeling an impotent ability to affect change to make peoples lives less terrible.

Last page but goddamn does this describe the feeling fantastically

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

ded posted:

My county has been in lockdown since mar 16th and was supposed to last until 'at least' april 7th. Now it's going to continue till at least may 3rd.

At least the bay area is keeping it in check so far. I wouldn't mind even more stringent measures as a lot of people are pretty lackadaisical at the moment but its helping.

Plus my drive from the East Bay to Mission Bay is only 45 min now, it's really weird doing 80 on the Bay Bridge.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i live next to mission bay

how are things in there

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

loving Democrats and their impeachment hoax

Also holy gently caress

I wonder if all the ambos running around got their Yankees giftbag in time for the day shift today? I legit cannot remember not hearing sirens daily, for quite some time.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
McNally ate a 100,000 hour ban, lol. What is even real anymore.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

dusted

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEXWRTEbj1I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

*dusts off pitchfork with a tired facial expression*

Oh well, here we go again.