Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Why is it so amazing? Tried to play the demo and quit after playing 20 minutes. Don;t think I can stand the stand around and wait for menus combat systems anymore

This'll sound stupid, but you really need to put in a good 10 hours or so if you're playing a dragon quest for the first time. The battle system hasn't changed much since the 80's, but that's more due to a 'if it isn't broke, don't fix it' design decision. The combat is going to feel really slow until you get a full party, but you need to focus on enjoying your epic journey to get the most out of the game.

also, I've started a new Stardew valley farm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Ghost Dog posted:

bannerlord has been pretty good so far

you can play as steph curry

Lmao

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Lol. The Aussies actually are going for it with their rugby league.
https://twitter.com/9NewsQueensland/status/1244909530217095168?s=19

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

https://twitter.com/channingfrye/status/1244992899089121280?s=21

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Ghost Dog posted:

bannerlord has been pretty good so far

you can play as steph curry

Lol, and yeah it is really good

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

WhyteRyce posted:

Alpha Protocol was awesome it's a shame it was rushed and marketed as a boom boom Mass Effect but spies game

I really wanted to get into this game but couldn't get into the gameplay.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Lol. The Aussies actually are going for it with their rugby league.
https://twitter.com/9NewsQueensland/status/1244909530217095168?s=19

Whichever pro league comes back first is going to have all the viewers. It doesn't even matter what sport at this point.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

australia’s so loving dumb; they tried to run the afl and rugby already and it wasn’t happening

we’re doomed to watch mre review videos until july just accept it

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MVP
MVP
MVP

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Spacebump posted:

Whichever pro league comes back first is going to have all the viewers. It doesn't even matter what sport at this point.

Really looking forward to the reemergence of Jai alai.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Vinestalk posted:

Really looking forward to the reemergence of Jai alai.

If curling blows up because of this I’m all for it.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

And I’m here to remind you
Of “the Kodak moment” as says Reggie
It’s not fair to deny me
Of the cross I bear since you dunked on me
You’re
You’re
You’re
Caruso

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

dokmo posted:

goddamn nerds

I saw 132 posts and was really hoping something happened. At least this stupid 3 on 3 big brother thing

like this, for instance

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/st...s-tournament%2F

The quarantine ball league is supposed to start in early May

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I just want a condensed playoffs with the amount of games to win changing, allowing an unlikely champion, and partially decided by who didn't get fat during the quarantine.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1244302657138892807?s=19

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Lockback posted:

Many of us have been posting here for years/decade+ so when WhyteRyce says Zelda 1 is secretly bad I can call him a doofus without it being a Thing like it would be anywhere else. There is nothing else to really post about and at least we're stringing together some shared NBA experiences along with this chat. Right now we can pretty much only watch old NBA games and play video games, so...

I'm not asking for anyone to stop. Just to keep it within reason. I know people are going to be talking about other stuff a lot for the next several months, I just don't want to be suddenly moderating console wars.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Literally thought this was 2k due to framerate and the amazing court.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Hand Knit posted:

I'm not asking for anyone to stop. Just to keep it within reason. I know people are going to be talking about other stuff a lot for the next several months, I just don't want to be suddenly moderating console wars.

we barely even argue about basketball when theres basketball, why would we have slap fights about video games lol

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Dutchy posted:

NBA 2k-2k2, MVP Baseball 2005, the Madden with a completely broken Mike Vick on the cover, that's the sports game life for me

NBA 2K2 is what made me start watching basketball/become a Sixers fan

those games were perfectly broken

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Lockback posted:

Many of us have been posting here for years/decade+ so when WhyteRyce says Zelda 1 is secretly bad I can call him a doofus without it being a Thing like it would be anywhere else. There is nothing else to really post about and at least we're stringing together some shared NBA experiences along with this chat. Right now we can pretty much only watch old NBA games and play video games, so...

Maybe this pandemic will cause me to find my first post in NBA N/V threads. I lurked for about at least a year before posting in these for the first time. I'm betting my first post was defending Dirk from someone that foolishly accused him of being overrated.

also, imo 2k was most fun from 2k9-12. I really miss playing 10 and 11 in college. We used to do 4 player which made it hilariously tense in my group of friends when people would do dumb things in close games. Playing those games (or most multiplayer games) irl with friends is so much more fun than online.

The all time best local multiplayer game was the 2010 FIFA World Cup on the Wii. When you scored on someone, you could shake the wiimote and it would start making the vuvuzela noise. I saw at least one game end on a bs goal in extra time, right as a buddy was leaving, the winner (that had said nothing when he won), turned to the guy at the door, and casually started shaking the wiimore for the vuvuzela noise. The other dude slammed the door and everyone laughed.

More games should have built in taunts and noise makers.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Mar 31, 2020

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

this was as time expired, right? lmao

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hand Knit posted:

I know we live in exceptional times but I feel like video game chat could nevertheless serve to be toned down, or at least moved to the SAS subforum specifically for video games.

????

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1245034167055929345
Probably won't watch this but some people here might find it interesting.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hand Knit posted:

?????????

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Spacebump posted:

Can't wait for LaVine to intentionally disconnect after Boylen bursts into his room screaming lovely plays at him

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Spacebump posted:

Maybe this pandemic will cause me to find my first post in NBA N/V threads. I lurked for about at least a year before posting in these for the first time. I'm betting my first post was defending Dirk from someone that foolishly accused him of being overrated.

also, imo 2k was most fun from 2k9-12. I really miss playing 10 and 11 in college. We used to do 4 player which made it hilariously tense in my group of friends when people would do dumb things in close games. Playing those games (or most multiplayer games) irl with friends is so much more fun than online.

The all time best local multiplayer game was the 2010 FIFA World Cup on the Wii. When you scored on someone, you could shake the wiimote and it would start making the vuvuzela noise. I saw at least one game end on a bs goal in extra time, right as a buddy was leaving, the winner (that had said nothing when he won), turned to the guy at the door, and casually started shaking the wiimore for the vuvuzela noise. The other dude slammed the door and everyone laughed.

More games should have built in taunts and noise makers.

me and aggressivelystupid and a few others from this thread do some multiplayer against the computer 2k and getting owned cause you are a dumbass is great. also the random players they make unbeatable for no reason. nets brook lopez was like a 40/20 monster against us no matter who we played as. Could be all time rockets and put yao on him, double him with hakeem and he was still gonna score at like 90%. lakers roy hibbert doing a eurostep to go ahead in a game. jared sullinger hitting like 13 threes in a game to blow us out. getting owned is really the best part tbh

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
is Kevin Durant the #1 seed because the "Kevin Durant" player in 2k has a 96 rating, or does Kevin Durant himself have a gamer rating from being good at playing the game?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Poque posted:

is Kevin Durant the #1 seed because the "Kevin Durant" player in 2k has a 96 rating, or does Kevin Durant himself have a gamer rating from being good at playing the game?

That's his 2k In game rating. I bet they let him play as a fully healthy Nets squad. His starting lineup will be revealing of the teams internal drama.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Spacebump posted:

That's his 2k In game rating. I bet they let him play as a fully healthy Nets squad. His starting lineup will be revealing of the teams internal drama.

RIP Jared Allen's 2k rating

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Stevie Lee posted:

this was as time expired, right? lmao

Yeah. If he hits that, he wins the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOrPy5ZmNcA&t=550s

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Spacebump posted:

This is the dumbest thing but I still want to watch it

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
How is Hassan Whiteside better in 2K than Donovan Mitchell and Devin Booker

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

morestuff posted:

How is Boogie an 81 when he's down to half a leg now?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

morestuff posted:

The guy (I think it's one guy) who does 2ks ratings is a loving blockhead. A total nincompoop if you ask me

I read an article about it a few years back and they basically wing it and say they have a "formula"

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Mar 31, 2020

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

they finally put chris bosh back in but he has no badges and isnt very fast. notably unskilled, slow big chris bosh

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

morestuff posted:

I think the series had Dirk in the 80s for most of his prime but when he appeared as a classic player on those same teams in later 2ks, they rightfully made him in the 90s.

Katana_Warrior posted:

How is Boogie an 81 when he's down to half a leg now?

From my experience playing, 2k tends to be generally nice to injured former all-stars or aging legends with player rating. (until it can't be justified.)

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Rui Hachimura is not better than Patrick Beverley either... I'm gonna melt down right here right now

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Like 12 years ago they did a full scale revamp and normalized everyone's ratings to where decent starters were in the 70s and there were only a few guys who were 90s. Then stat inflation happened, especially when they refused to mark Kobe lower than like 84 or w/e and needed to boost people up so it makes sense. They really need to just tear it down again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

CRISPYBABY posted:

I think my favourite game in the last decade was The Witness but I'm really struggling to find a basketball analogy to shoehorn it into.

Quoting this to high five you, crispybaby

Might do a fresh runthrough, perhaps not as magical as the first time but will still have some eureka moments

(Edit: did not mean to restart the video game derail, but encountering a fan of The Witness in the wild is pretty rare; apologies Hand Knit)

kalensc fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 31, 2020