Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

Bucnasti posted:

I feel like the quest flow is really messed up, the quests to kill guys with specific weapon should come earlier when you’re still figuring things out and exposure to different play styles would be more useful.
Also the quests should spread you out more, the early quests are all on customs and the late ones are all on shoreline or interchange. Maybe the campaign they play will fix this.

The early quests put you on thunderdome with no money making opportunities and the latter quests are essentially loot runs.

This is a big reason why newbies bounce off the game or become hatchlings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

the quests are also made from aids and cancer, which doesn't help either.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Bucnasti posted:

I feel like the quest flow is really messed up, the quests to kill guys with specific weapon should come earlier when you’re still figuring things out and exposure to different play styles would be more useful.
Also the quests should spread you out more, the early quests are all on customs and the late ones are all on shoreline or interchange. Maybe the campaign they play will fix this.

Some of those quests literally haven't been touched in years, they'll probably redo them all before beta.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

they should move all woods quests to reserve so i dont have to load up woods

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Some of those quests literally haven't been touched in years, they'll probably redo them all before beta.

Last podcast I listened to (in December or maybe even November) mentioned that they are all being redone from the ground up. They are still gonna be difficult, as again, they want the course of your play to take place over a very long time, but they are gonna be revamped a little bit to make them not heartbreakingly difficult and ridiculous.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Stux posted:

they should move all woods quests to reserve so i dont have to load up woods

I would like if they fixed Reserve so I could actually load the map before they do this.

(It's my fault, I need more RAM.)

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009
The Jaeger quests are the only ones I really dislike because they are a hard gate to upgrading a lot of the hideout. It'd be nice if selling / buying slowly built rep to make it so I didn't have to headshot PMCs while having tremors.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Uncle Spriggly posted:

The Jaeger quests are the only ones I really dislike because they are a hard gate to upgrading a lot of the hideout. It'd be nice if selling / buying slowly built rep to make it so I didn't have to headshot PMCs while having tremors.

yeah - at the least he should have a series of non-loving-awful quests that get his rep high enough while avoiding mandatory ghetto mosin runs and/or insanely specific bullshit

I actually think his "headshot people with tremors" campfire tale thing works, but they should be handled similar to achievements and all unlock/track simultaneously rather than being prerequisites to other quests

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I'd rather pay the flea market fun tax for gear and poo poo in a bucket than do a jaeger quest

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

upgunned shitpost posted:

I'd rather pay the flea market fun tax for gear and poo poo in a bucket than do a jaeger quest

I completely agree and the ease of making money in this game has made it so I still have some quests from before level 10. I'd rather pay double for some items than deal with the headache of doing some of these quests, just because the money is there and the joy isn't. I really want to get my hideout maxed but gently caress that if it means getting a headache from doing a quest or leveling an attribute.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

upgunned shitpost posted:

Jaeger doesn't seem like he sells gently caress all worth buying from him. I only care about leveling him up for hideout poo poo and it sucks.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Bucnasti posted:

The reason so many quests are on Customs is because the only maps available when they initially dropped EFT were Customs, Woods, and Factory.

Why they havent updated locations or quests to spread them out more is beyond me.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Zipperelli. posted:

The reason so many quests are on Customs is because the only maps available when they initially dropped EFT were Customs, Woods, and Factory.

Why they havent updated locations or quests to spread them out more is beyond me.

I bet a bunch of the item spawns are hardcoded in such a way that moving them is nigh-on impossible.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Inspector_666 posted:

Jaeger doesn't seem like he sells gently caress all worth buying from him. I only care about leveling him up for hideout poo poo and it sucks.

"ill only sell you the gennie fuel if you can defeat 6 pmcs in arm wrestling competitions with a fractured arm before killing them with a toz. wouldn't want it to go to waste by selling it to a sissie pansy"

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I think it's loving atrocious that Jeager has quests that don't give you rep with him, like the one I am on with "Kill 4 Scavs while in Pain".
Fucker, I just want my Water Collector 2 you dipship hobo :argh:

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Im starting to think the most valuable bonus from EOD was the .2 rep bonus with all the traders.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Found my first IR scope and I'm too scared to use it :ohdear:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Jarf posted:

Found my first IR scope and I'm too scared to use it :ohdear:

There is an easy solution to this. Just sell it. Don't hang onto gear you're too afraid to lose.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
yeah the rep bonus is the beat thing, I still have a bunch of quests to do but I’m only gated by level now on all bar jaeger, and gently caress that guy

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

SquirrelGrip posted:

yeah the rep bonus is the beat thing, I still have a bunch of quests to do but I’m only gated by level now on all bar jaeger, and gently caress that guy

Just cheese the quests with goons. Or I guess you could try to flash yourself and get pmc kills on hatchlings for ~reasons~.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

twig1919 posted:

Just cheese the quests with goons. Or I guess you could try to flash yourself and get pmc kills on hatchlings for ~reasons~.

Please don't flash yourself on hatchlings or I'll have to report you to the FBI.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Jaeger quests is why I have EOD

EFT monetization really working as intended.

(How do I even loving do the tremor quests? Get drunk in raid? Break my own legs? Who thought this was a good idea)

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

twig1919 posted:

Is there a reliable way to cheese it? I've been thinking it would be fun to setup pistol deathmatches with my friends to clear all those jaeger quests.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Captain Gordon posted:

(How do I even loving do the tremor quests? Get drunk in raid? Break my own legs? Who thought this was a good idea)

Have a friend break your arm on factory. Spray at heads until finished.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Captain Gordon posted:

Great Beer posted:

Have a friend break your arm on factory. Spray at heads until finished.

you can also pop propital/zagustin and sit in a closet/bush for several minutes until the debuff kicks in and then go hunting!

as a dumb achievement thing its fine, as something that gates multiple quests its stupid as gently caress/terrible game design

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Merely reading about these quests has convinced me that as long as there are semi regular wipes I'm not loving doing them.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Ice Fist posted:

Merely reading about these quests has convinced me that as long as there are semi regular wipes I'm not loving doing them.

he has some tolerable ones too and there are just enough of them to be borderline ok if you have EOD (more if you don't mind endless mosin quests)

and you need to do them to finish your hideout

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Mosin quests are fine (I have only done the first one though), the dehydration one is easy to do, the pain one just happens via natural play, with eod that enough to get the upgrades for hideout (probably earlier than that even)

solar power requires peacekeeper 4 which will probably require more money depending how your runs go

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

SquirrelGrip posted:

Mosin quests are fine (I have only done the first one though), the dehydration one is easy to do, the pain one just happens via natural play, with eod that enough to get the upgrades for hideout (probably earlier than that even)

solar power requires peacekeeper 4 which will probably require more money depending how your runs go
they're not as bad but they're definitely not my cup of tea

and Jaeger has a problem other traders don't have, where quest lines will obnoxiously chip away at Jaeger rep

Peacekeeper quests are generally stupid easy "mark this thing" and getting his spend up is only an issue between level 1 + 2 PK if you can't just drop the 1.4 million roubles directly on dollars, because once you hit level 2 at worst leveling him should be revenue neutral (and generally profitable)

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

LGD posted:

and Jaeger has a problem other traders don't have, where quest lines will obnoxiously chip away at Jaeger rep

his bullshit quests are often linearly gated by other bullshit quests

he also has quests that do not give rep with him upon completion, because gently caress you

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I had to push to jaeger 2 because almost everything was locked behind water collector 2 and god it was awful. 5 PMCs at less than 15 metres with a mosin? I had at least 3 kills where it was about 15.00000000000001 metres and lol gently caress you. Go back to factory and lose all your poo poo. The others weren't so bad though, just sit on shoreline and shot the same scav in the leg 5 times.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I had to push to jaeger 2 because almost everything was locked behind water collector 2 and god it was awful. 5 PMCs at less than 15 metres with a mosin? I had at least 3 kills where it was about 15.00000000000001 metres and lol gently caress you. Go back to factory and lose all your poo poo. The others weren't so bad though, just sit on shoreline and shot the same scav in the leg 5 times.

Courtesy Visit is also an easy quest

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

LGD posted:

he has some tolerable ones too and there are just enough of them to be borderline ok if you have EOD (more if you don't mind endless mosin quests)

and you need to do them to finish your hideout

Even worse is that some of the quests are genuinely not so bad, can be a fun excuse to go hunt Reshala or something. But if you want to do those first you have to hit your dick with a hammer 13 times on Customs in cloudy weather between the hours of 3-4am while wearing fort armor. And this quest gives you .05 rep.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Finally hit level 20 and it feels like the game opened up. Got level 2 on the mechanic which opened up a ton of things in the hideout. Whoever said the quests weren't gated right was spot on. Some seem way too difficult early on. Then I got like 3 levels just by doing gunsmith quests and other poo poo you can buy off the flea market. Just starting to get where they want me to shoot 3 guys with a slingshot from 1000m away and I doubt I'll do them.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

LGD posted:

they're not as bad but they're definitely not my cup of tea

Peacekeeper quests are generally stupid easy "mark this thing" and getting his spend up is only an issue between level 1 + 2 PK if you can't just drop the 1.4 million roubles directly on dollars, because once you hit level 2 at worst leveling him should be revenue neutral (and generally profitable)

oh don’t get me wrong jaeger can gently caress right off with his quests

peacekeeper is pretty straightforward but the peacekeeping mission quest might chew through some money, m4a1+decent scope+half decent ammo will run for about 100k multiplied by however many runs it takes you. Oh plus the blue armour but that’s p cheap, just adds up if you come across geared guys and don’t have good ammo to fight back

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

SquirrelGrip posted:

Downing a jar of mayonnaise and shooting up propanol whilst laying in a bush for 5 minutes hallucinating from dehydration was certainly a change of pace from the usual gameplay loop.
Jaeger is just a chaotic guy that lives in the woods and likes to use his influence to gently caress with the PMCs that have turned his home into a war zone.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The kill quests with the weird garbage conditions can be done really easily with other goons on the discord.

you need at least two people, you and the person you're gonna kill in whatever dumb way, but you can bring more people so you can knock some of them out in just one raid

You and at least one person in the other group need to be set to exactly the same tarkov server. You do that in the launcher, both of you pick the same server as your only server.

Whoever picked the same server as you has to lead the other group, since tarkov groups always follow the server settings of the group leader.

Go somewhere like night shoreline or night interchange, click 'ready' at the same time, cross your fingers, and you're in the same raid.

By 'sync dropping' like this its very easy to finish the tremors/flashbang quests, as well as stuff like "kill 3 pmcs with a mosin on woods in one raid."

Like people said above, you can take a zagustin injector, wait 60 seconds, and get tremor.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
yeah the only time i'm gonna ever do quests is when there are no more wipes, same with trying to level up my skills barring some exploit

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I have a random question about healing. I'm unsure what I'm doing wrong or if it's meant to be a no win situation at that point, but when a limb has gone to 0, after bandaging it so it is no longer bleeding, and it doesn't require a splint, I still cannot heal it?

Is there another medication that needs to be applied to like a leg/arm? Bandage/Splint then Car/Selawa Heal Kit usually?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I have a random question about healing. I'm unsure what I'm doing wrong or if it's meant to be a no win situation at that point, but when a limb has gone to 0, after bandaging it so it is no longer bleeding, and it doesn't require a splint, I still cannot heal it?

Is there another medication that needs to be applied to like a leg/arm? Bandage/Splint then Car/Selawa Heal Kit usually?

Limbs that reach zero, or “blacked”, cannot be healed without the use of a surgical kit.

You either need a SURV12 or a CMS kit. The major difference between the surgical kits is the SURV12 is one slot bigger, has more charges, and repairs broken bones.

After using a surgical kit the limb will have 1 health and have a slightly lower max health. But you’ll be able to heal the rest with a regular med kit.

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Mar 3, 2020