Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
I think a lot of people don't realise that if you get shot in the face you're fuckin dead in tarkov, and it doesn't matter how much you've dropped on fat stacks, or how far the enemy is away. This is especially noticeable coming from PUBG/Warzone/Valorant where it takes multiple headshots to kill with many guns so the clearest indication of a hacker is instantly dying from across the map.

I drilled some poor rear end in a top hat who was sprinting into dorms and it would have seemed suss as hell because I imagined to get him right in the eye or something (side note; probably one of my most satisfying kills in any game, too bad his squad destroyed us afterwards)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

ChesterJT posted:

Man I didn't recognize him at all.

Edit: Wait I thought you just photoshopped that, it''s actually in the loving game. Amazing.
It's an outfit Pestily was wearing today for the final push to $1 mil AU raised for a cancer charity. BSG swapped a screencap of it out for Therapist's usual phiz in tribute.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I geniuenly think cheaters is a regional thing. Here in Europe I hardly encounter them :v:

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't encounter cheaters in Rust at all in any region unless I use the official servers. Never use the official servers.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Is there a good goon approved game settings guide someplace? Or how do I really know G-Sync is working?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Gabriel S. posted:

Is there a good goon approved game settings guide someplace? Or how do I really know G-Sync is working?

Games are G-sync agnostic for the most part... if G-sync is working outside of the game and other games, it's working here.

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020
https://clips.twitch.tv/RoughFriendlyPonyCclamChamp

https://clips.twitch.tv/AnimatedPerfectPlumDxCat

I think the cheater just got confused why it wasn't working (second one is even only like... pretty sus, but not insane. He didn't get smoked on the jump out, and the rate of hits was not impossible).

Idiot Doom Spiral fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Aug 2, 2020

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Kikas posted:

I geniuenly think cheaters is a regional thing. Here in Europe I hardly encounter them :v:

Yeah it's really odd. I'm sure there are hackers but after 3 wipes I've had maybe one or two deaths I thought were fishy

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

How can you even tell in Tarkov unless they're being insanely obvious? Everything is so janky they could hear/see you and be totally silent/invisible to you and it'd just be normal.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Rent-A-Cop posted:

How can you even tell in Tarkov unless they're being insanely obvious? Everything is so janky they could hear/see you and be totally silent/invisible to you and it'd just be normal.

Basically you can only tell in close quarters when someone kills you in the second frame they see you with a suspiciously fast eye shot

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the one im pretty sure of was me being entirely silent to the point i literally hadnt moved because i had been tabbed out afk in a room no one in history has ever checked and has no reason to ever enter and a guy barrels on down the entire hallway directly into my room and comes round the corner and perfectly one taps me in the eyes.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

The big problem I have with detecting hackers is I'm already not very good at shooters and I mainly blame myself for my deaths. So when someone is using xray visions or aimbots and aren't flaunting it I normally just go "welp I just suck move onto the next raid" and don't give it another thought.

That's why I feel like I'm in the group that hardly experiences any hacking, but still - I could be totally underestimating how prevalent it is.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there
I always chalk sound issues up to the game, and would say I’m pretty confident I don’t encounter hackers. I’ve had two total shady situations this wipe.

Most of our firefights last longer than a few seconds, with enemies repositioning, throwing nades from a distance, etc. Every now and then though you get the solo player who is somehow brave enough to push a three-man holding the single entrance door, and your whole group ends up being head-eyes-ed within less than 1-2 seconds while each of you were holding different angles on their entrance.

It could always be something else or the lovely hit-reg of this game that just dumps on you sometimes, but sometimes other players just seem a little too confident/successful.

My main issue right now is the performance after 12.7. I think I have lost a good 20 FPS all around, stutters are back (although not frequent like ages ago), and get wayyyy more matching and party issues with my group.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
It's gotten worse with player scavs more than pmcs. I assume they think they're more anonymous. Had a full squad sniped while factory farming a couple of times to a speed/aimbot hacker.

I agree with the sound issues being part of it too. Lupo was in labs just this morning and shut a keycard door behind him. A guy managed to silently get in and shoot him in the back. He was waiting for the sound of the door that never came. Yes it looks like hacking but with this game who the hell knows for sure. That kind of stuff is harder to detect but sometimes they're just blatant and don't care.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

I wish this game had the audio engine of R6 Siege.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Gabriel S. posted:

I wish this game had anthe audio engine of R6 Siege.

I sure love when I'm trying to buy up crafting materials and fuel for cheap on the flea market and I have to stop and answer a captcha which by the time it goes away has ensured the price has gone back up 20%.

But it's hurting RMT somehow so it's a good decision.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

can...can scavs use mounted machine guns now? I just got headshot across the map by a 12.7x108 with a scav name

it was 6 minutes into the raid so I doubt it was a pscav

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 8, 2020

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Famethrowa posted:

can...can scavs use mounted machine guns now? I just got headshot across the map by a 12.7x108 with a scav name

it was 6 minutes into the raid so I doubt it was a pscav

They can and it’s terrifying. Reshala and his boys probably spawned in the fort and started lighting the place up.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

What's the best way now to tell if a SCAV is human? Just general movement patterns?

bobz0r
Jul 8, 2008

I have faith in us, if we don't self-destruct
they have changed ai scavs recently... they do some interesting things like run between cover, Q/E wiggle at you, and aiming at you for a few seconds even if you are a pscav.

the best identifier of a player scav is that they are carrying 2 guns, and the Pouch slot in the inventory when they are a corpse

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Dr. Clockwork posted:

They can and it’s terrifying. Reshala and his boys probably spawned in the fort and started lighting the place up.

Real frustrating. Scav just rolled a d100 and got a perfect laserbeam. I just had a real nice one tap on a pmc and was motoring my way to elbow. At first I was mad at myself for not checking my visibility, so at least it wasn't necessarily a misplay.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

bobz0r posted:

they have changed ai scavs recently... they do some interesting things like run between cover, Q/E wiggle at you, and aiming at you for a few seconds even if you are a pscav.

the best identifier of a player scav is that they are carrying 2 guns, and the Pouch slot in the inventory when they are a corpse

roboscavs can pick up weapons too

there's the rotation while moving that's hard to describe but obvious when you see it, but there's really nothing that player scavs can do that roboscavs can't do at this point (other than like parkour moves)

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Buff Hardback posted:

roboscavs can pick up weapons too

there's the rotation while moving that's hard to describe but obvious when you see it, but there's really nothing that player scavs can do that roboscavs can't do at this point (other than like parkour moves)

Yeah scavs will still scan as they walk a bit oddly, very smooth pan while walking in a straight line, while a pscav will jerk around a bit more, or at least not walk in a straight line as they pan.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

bobz0r posted:

I think non-player Scavs can also carry two guns now? Not 100% sure but they are able to loot items so I think that means they can pick up guns off of dead people.

The tell for me is in how they move. Generally when there's no player around an AI scav will walk/run in a perfect straight line to one spot, stop for a bit, and then turn in a random direction and go that way. It's especially obvious when the direction they turn is nearly in the opposite direction they were just going.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

ChesterJT posted:

I sure love when I'm trying to buy up crafting materials and fuel for cheap on the flea market and I have to stop and answer a captcha which by the time it goes away has ensured the price has gone back up 20%.

But it's hurting RMT somehow so it's a good decision.

It's really bad how when you hear someone running directly towards you on factory only to realize that they are just in a tunnel directly below you!

I hope audio improvements are a priority after the Unity 2019 Update. That hits around late August or Early September.

Oysters Autobio
Mar 13, 2017
AI Scavs now can sprint, carry multiple weapons, eat food, drink stuff, go prone, do the wiggle at you and ADS you so all those old rules of thumb are out the window now.

The best is just movement patterns at this point. Yes AI scavs sprint, but they sprint and then stop in the middle of an open road. Players usually sprint to some sort of cover, or if they run out of stam just keep jogging in their same direction. AI scavs tend to sprint to a halt, usually in odd spots like the middle of a road. They also very often sprint like right in front of you and by you without ever noticing or paying attention to you, which usually a player scav won't do (a player scav will at least usually stop and assess if you're friendly unless they just outright start shooting).

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

bobz0r posted:

Lol, just so you know, the AI will loot guns off corpses now and will absolutely roll with 2 primaries. I dont think theyre programmed to swap and use the 2nd, but I've definitely seen them loot a body to take the primary.

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
There's also vocalizations. Pscavs will very rarely vocalize, but when you get close to an AI scav they'll frequently start shouting some russian.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I haven't been killed in many scav runs since they are so easy to imitate now

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

managed to pick up NVGs during a raid and instantly realized why so many tryhards run night-vision on customs. those long chokepoints and building camping spots must just line people up like ducks for them.

I felt basically safe when I crept around and kept my head on a swivel in the chokepoints. think I'll try doing loot runs walks with NVG when I play solo.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there

Famethrowa posted:

managed to pick up NVGs during a raid and instantly realized why so many tryhards run night-vision on customs. those long chokepoints and building camping spots must just line people up like ducks for them.

I felt basically safe when I crept around and kept my head on a swivel in the chokepoints. think I'll try doing loot runs walks with NVG when I play solo.

I at least run the monocular NVG’s in every night raid. They’re like 40k on top of a helmet I’ll already be wearing, and the advantage of being able to see someone first is just too huge.

Oysters Autobio
Mar 13, 2017

Famethrowa posted:

Yup, I thought for the longest time that NVGs would only be for sweaty thicc bois but quickly realized how essential they are for any night raid. They're only 40k too so it's really not that expensive

The worst thing I did was find someone's dumped GPNVGs as a scav and boy are those amazing. 110k though is tough to swallow

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Oysters Autobio posted:

Yup, I thought for the longest time that NVGs would only be for sweaty thicc bois but quickly realized how essential they are for any night raid. They're only 40k too so it's really not that expensive

The worst thing I did was find someone's dumped GPNVGs as a scav and boy are those amazing. 110k though is tough to swallow

sweaty thiccboi-ism must be a curse, because I the only reason I had NVG was because I dropped a thiccboi camping storage, and his NVGs have made me start wanting to run them :ohdear:

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
I do like running night raids as a scavenger with a flashlight, just so I might have a chance to snag some free NVGs off a poor dead PMC.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Well I bought this after watching some streams and thinking it looks good.

Scav run 1 I died in 22 seconds.
Scan run 2 I died in 43 seconds.
I am getting better

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Well I bought this after watching some streams and thinking it looks good.

Scav run 1 I died in 22 seconds.
Scan run 2 I died in 43 seconds.
I am getting better

Don't sprint until you know hotspots :)

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Finally got my Epsilon container :woop: I thought getting 15 PMC kills with and SVD would be a pain, but I took it into Factory and that thing just slays in there.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Tonight I learned ZB 1013 is not like ZB1011 or ZB 1012.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Mr Hootington posted:

Tonight I learned ZB 1013 is not like ZB1011 or ZB 1012.

Forgot the factory key?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
So I hit 20 finally after 90 hours of play.. I'm pretty awful at this game with a 21% survival and 1.74 K/D.

I'm using a lot of Saiga 12ga with 8.5 buckshot right now for some fun... It's obviously awful against anyone with a face mask and range.

I've been also using AKMSN AKMS weapons a lot but trying to figure out a decent build that doesn't break banks..

I died yesterday to my gun swinging wildly left and right while trying to Aim Down Sights while straffing, is there a way to lower this sway? Is it ergo?