Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you go bear and then the f1 key becomes the best key onthe keyboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 28 minutes!
The true faction is scavs so you can scream "divide my cheeks" and "cheeky breeky" until some rear end in a top hat caps your rear end for the crackers and mtape you are carrying.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

I picked bear BC I've been meaning to learn the mother tongue and it seems more interesting

I've got a standard account and I'll probably do some quick pistol runs to gently caress around.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Careful about going in unarmed/melee only or with just a pistol. It has a chance to make you "tagged and cursed" meaning the AI Scavs will home in on you like a omniscient berserkers.

I've heard a lot of conflicting things about what keeps you safe from being cursed when running only a pistol. Some people say bringing 2? 3?+ spare magazines will prevent it. Some people say wearing a chest rig (Bank robber is what you'll have easy access to) prevents it.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Sep 25, 2020

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
One of my problems with this game in the past was the disparity between a heavily geared player and a lower geared player. I think the disparity should exist but it felt like if you ever played smart and got the drop on a well geared player it didn't matter. Like if I had a pistol without AP round, and mag dumped into a dudes head, they wouldn't go down.

Is that still the case or has the game changed at all?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Skyarb posted:

One of my problems with this game in the past was the disparity between a heavily geared player and a lower geared player. I think the disparity should exist but it felt like if you ever played smart and got the drop on a well geared player it didn't matter. Like if I had a pistol without AP round, and mag dumped into a dudes head, they wouldn't go down.

Is that still the case or has the game changed at all?

smart and good players have always been able to take out more geared players.

step one: buy a pp 19-0-1
step two: sweep the legs of a geared player with high damage ammo
step three: collect pinata loot

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Careful about going in unarmed/melee only or with just a pistol. It has a chance to make you "tagged and cursed" meaning the AI Scavs will home in on you like a omniscient berserkers.

I've heard a lot of conflicting things about what keeps you safe from being cursed when running only a pistol. Some people say bringing 2? 3?+ spare magazines will prevent it. Some people say wearing a chest rig (Bank robber is what you'll have easy access to) prevents it.

Man they really don't like people going in with low risk do they. Combined with the post match healing system a lot of the guides I read are pretty out of date on how to approach low levels.

I played one game to learn the controls, stole a sniper and got a few kills before bleeding out. I think I was cursed because I seemed to get swamped by bots (guessing because of their loadouts). Pretty fun. I enjoy just how "heavy" you feel, and how every movement has to feel intentional. They really put effort into the animations and it's fun. Definitely going to rebind a few of the combinations though, control seems underused and some of the ALT combos are a bit clunky. I made a big mistake not opening the map on my second monitor, but as far as audio goes I'm really greatful for my years of headphone audiophillia because the sound design is pretty good and it's really helpful.

I brought one of each basic healing item and one beef stew and water, I definitely felt like I needed more bandages and AI-2s

I'm going to get on the discord to play some tomorrow :)

Anyone else on OCEA?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 28 minutes!

BurritoJustice posted:

Man they really don't like people going in with low risk do they. Combined with the post match healing system a lot of the guides I read are pretty out of date on how to approach low levels.

I played one game to learn the controls, stole a sniper and got a few kills before bleeding out. I think I was cursed because I seemed to get swamped by bots (guessing because of their loadouts). Pretty fun. I enjoy just how "heavy" you feel, and how every movement has to feel intentional. They really put effort into the animations and it's fun. Definitely going to rebind a few of the combinations though, control seems underused and some of the ALT combos are a bit clunky. I made a big mistake not opening the map on my second monitor, but as far as audio goes I'm really greatful for my years of headphone audiophillia because the sound design is pretty good and it's really helpful.

I brought one of each basic healing item and one beef stew and water, I definitely felt like I needed more bandages and AI-2s

I'm going to get on the discord to play some tomorrow :)

Anyone else on OCEA?

Do not bring water and food if they are full. You can find those in raid. If hydration and energy is going to be low at the beginning of the raid then bring it in and use the food then the liquid. This will help level your metabolism.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
Keep bandages in your pockets since they are so cheap, keep splints in your pockets and keep medical kits in your prison wallet Case.

Like the guys said, eat and drink before a raid and try to find it in the raid.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Famethrowa posted:

bitcoin farm-->craft empty fuel into magazine case-->craft magazine case into scav case->repeat

Why make SCAV cases?

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Gabriel S. posted:

Why make SCAV cases?

sell them

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
I was a USEC this wipe but next time I'm going to be a BEAR so I can unleash the true ultimate weapon in Tarkov, DICKY NEEDLES

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Cage Kicker posted:

I was a USEC this wipe but next time I'm going to be a BEAR so I can unleash the true ultimate weapon in Tarkov, DICKY NEEDLES

First thing I bind every wipe.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
So Streets has been delayed till next year because of covid according to the BSG stream yesterday. Next patch is basically QoL and a new pistol or something, which is a bummer.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

communism bitch posted:

So Streets has been delayed till next year because of covid according to the BSG stream yesterday. Next patch is basically QoL and a new pistol or something, which is a bummer.

You forgot to mention the best thing of all...

Chad Hunter! They are adding a suppressor for the hunter

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Oh yeah that will be sick actually. And a bunch of what Nikita described as "trash tier" backpacks.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

if it's 30k or less and gives -5 ergo or better I'll use it.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

My biggest gripe at the moment is all the desync issues.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there

Gabriel S. posted:

My biggest gripe at the moment is all the desync issues.

I just lit a guy up for 5 seconds in the face while he stood still, and then died once he started moving again. Seems to be much worse in the past week or so?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Agreed.

At least BSG has admitted it's a known bug, they're working on it but it doesn't look like we're getting 12.8 until another few weeks.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

communism bitch posted:

Oh yeah that will be sick actually. And a bunch of what Nikita described as "trash tier" backpacks.
Community: There is a good game here under all these network issues.

Nikita: Scavs are canonically bisexual.

Community: This desync is insane and unplayable.

Nikita: 12 new duffle bags.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Community: There is a good game here under all these network issues.

Nikita: Scavs are canonically bisexual.

if only

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Yeah, umm, I think we all wish Nikita was that progressive.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Can anyone tell me why the SCAV Case in my Hideout is locked but doesn't show why? I already have intelligence center level 2.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Has Intel lvl 2 finished construction? Do you have the resource/loot requirements?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

I’ve got the intelligence center buts it’s still locked for some reason. Supposed I’m missing a skill according to Reddit but can’t figure out which one.

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

At the bottom of your screen click the locked scav case icon and it will tell you what you are missing.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Gabriel S. posted:

I’ve got the intelligence center buts it’s still locked for some reason. Supposed I’m missing a skill according to Reddit but can’t figure out which one.

Are you sure you don't have level 1 only, not the required level 2 intelligence center?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

ChesterJT posted:

Are you sure you don't have level 1 only, not the required level 2 intelligence center?

Weird. After I got all the parts and started construction it went away.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Is there some bug with Reserve where SCAV Raiders are always spawning?

And they're getting rid of the early SCAV spawn in 12.8 :smith:

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Gabriel S. posted:

Is there some bug with Reserve where SCAV Raiders are always spawning?

And they're getting rid of the early SCAV spawn in 12.8 :smith:

There’s no bug but there are 2-3 groups of raiders that can spawn there potentially one of which is Glucose gang

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Weird, I don't ever remember it being this common. It's happening to me nearly every game.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

What's the early scav spawn thing? I've dropped in with like, 40mins left on customs

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

When does customs start?

Many folks are complaining that early or less than 5 mins player SCAV ruins the game especially on Reserve.

And they’re getting rid of it next patch :smith:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

p happy to have my scav runs spawn in later reliably if thhats what youre saying theyre doing

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

aw man. I just had a backpackless Scav run, so I figured I'd go kill an AI scav and get myself a backpack for loot.

I see two scavs in Oli, one with a Pilgrim, so naturally I run up to the Pilgrim scav and get it it's face for an easy headshot. cute little guy is wiggling and I think nothing of it as I euthanize the npc lootbox.

it was a pscav. his backpack was full. he was being friendly and wiggling. I'm the problem. :ohdear:

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Stux posted:

p happy to have my scav runs spawn in later reliably if thhats what youre saying theyre doing

I guess it depends on what we really mean by late. To me, for a 45-minute map like reserve I'd say that spawning in at 40:00 is a little early but anything past 35:00 is too late.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Famethrowa posted:

aw man. I just had a backpackless Scav run, so I figured I'd go kill an AI scav and get myself a backpack for loot.

I see two scavs in Oli, one with a Pilgrim, so naturally I run up to the Pilgrim scav and get it it's face for an easy headshot. cute little guy is wiggling and I think nothing of it as I euthanize the npc lootbox.

it was a pscav. his backpack was full. he was being friendly and wiggling. I'm the problem. :ohdear:

I ran into my first friendly player scavs a couple of days ago. One dropped me a bandage and the other one wanted me to follow him for awhile. I did but frankly the whole thing just felt weird and I'd prefer it if we just stick to shooting each other.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
The only time I ever met friendly player scavs, one ran into me out front of the train station in Reserve. I threw him a pack of cigarettes for the troll toll and his 3 friends jumped out and wiggled at me, then we went and looted the D2 bunker together :) that was a nice fat loot run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I was once doing a scav run on reserves at night.
I moved into a building and saw a couple of bodies, so I went to loot them. Just as I got to them I saw the silhouette of a guy coming into the building from the opposite direction, he starts doing the wiggle dance and I realize he doesn't want to fight so I hold my fire.
Just as he gets close to the bodies, he uses a voice emote and it's in English.
"Wait a second, scavs don't speak English!"
I immediately shot him the face and took all his stuff. If he had kept his fuckin mouth shut I woulda let him be on his way.