Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular

Famethrowa posted:

I'm bitching a lot, but the QoL stuff is unbelievably nice. OTOH:

-Reloading mags in stash using a right click menu that finds all available ammo
-Sort button for containers (don't do your stash yet it's buggy and may delete things!!!!)
-Generator prompt if you left it on when you exit
-Hotkey for dropping backpack, in case you want to dump your poo poo before running around into a fight.
-When an item can move from A to B, if the container or gun can fit it will highlight green
-Buy all button now buys "all remaining" instead of giving you an error
-Preset menu will show you the ergo/recoil changes when you hover a new attachment

I agree. But I can’t shake the feeling that these QoL updates didn’t need to take 3 plus years to implement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Flash bang shotgun is hilarious.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

RestRoomLiterature- posted:

I agree. But I can’t shake the feeling that these QoL updates didn’t need to take 3 plus years to implement.

modeling the papasha took precedence imo

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

the right click mag reloading could be great but without a secondary "put a full stack of this ammo type in my secure container" button it's just wasted!

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there

Mesadoram posted:

Been using this as my secondary lol

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Mesadoram posted:

It's insane. It makes clearing rooms so easy. Just do a flash drive by and anybody inside is blind for 40 seconds.

Getting hit by it is bullshit, tho. I've been stacking my rigs with grenades in case a squad flashes me, as there is realistically nothing you can do to survive this situation. Managed to take 2 down with me by throwing grenades wildly the first time this happened.

Opentarget
Mar 17, 2009
How loving terrifying it must be to see a blind man with a bomb vest just rapidly pulling pins from it.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Nikita please add Predator style self-destruct

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The blindness last for about 30 seconds (which is roughly 10 minutes in Tarkov time) and the entire effect last for about 1 minute.

There is NO way they are going to leave this in game as it is.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

They already nerfed the duration slightly (25%) and the price and purchase limits of 'star' shells as well as of the shotgun itself have been tweaked as well.

But yeah, it is OP as gently caress. Especially given the ridiculously low price for what you get.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Oct 21, 2020

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Flash rounds are the worst thing added to the game so far

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

originally flash rounds didnt have an effect on the user, but now it looks like it gives you the ears ringing debuff.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Famethrowa posted:

originally flash rounds didnt have an effect on the user, but now it looks like it gives you the ears ringing debuff.

do you still get it with hearing protection on?

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM
I'm having a hell of a time finding fire steel. It's the only item left between me and my Kappa. I have searched the common spots like Resort 301, resort radar, and reserve RB-AM/RB-GN. I've also searched labs next to the robot arms.

Did the spawn points change in 12.8 or do I just have the worst luck?

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

mysteryberto posted:

I'm having a hell of a time finding fire steel. It's the only item left between me and my Kappa. I have searched the common spots like Resort 301, resort radar, and reserve RB-AM/RB-GN. I've also searched labs next to the robot arms.

Did the spawn points change in 12.8 or do I just have the worst luck?

I havent seen one all wipe, but youre looking in the right places. You could try running Moonshine out of the scav case, that has a chance for kappa items.

Did you get 42nd Tea and the new Guitar Pick? Those were both added to the Collector in the most recent patch as well.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

hello internet posted:

Flash rounds are the worst thing added to the game so far

I think you made a typo

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Cage Kicker posted:

do you still get it with hearing protection on?

doesn't seem so, from the streamers I've watched.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Lorem ipsum posted:

I think you made a typo

the new meta is literally CHAD Armor + AR + KS23 with Flash Rounds.

It's so dumb.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
It's amazingly funny, this might be the best patch yet

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

I mean, I've enjoyed it too and I even think it should stay in the game but just make it not nearly as powerful. Make the ammo expensive.

I really, really, really wish EFT would have a community test server with weekly builds to sort out these issues.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Gabriel S. posted:

I mean, I've enjoyed it too and I even think it should stay in the game but just make it not nearly as powerful. Make the ammo expensive.

I really, really, really wish EFT would have a community test server with weekly builds to sort out these issues.

Oh it should definitely be nerfed from it's current state as time goes on but they wanted everyone to try it out and their approach worked. Now they have tons of data to use to adjust it

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM

TheTofuShop posted:

I havent seen one all wipe, but youre looking in the right places. You could try running Moonshine out of the scav case, that has a chance for kappa items.

Did you get 42nd Tea and the new Guitar Pick? Those were both added to the Collector in the most recent patch as well.

I found it in the cage in Labs. I hid in the bathroom by the entrance for 20 minutes while waiting for all the fighting to be done. Then I walked out to the cage grabbed a firesteel and waltzed out the basement vents. Not my most glorious moment but hey I have a Kappa now!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I was surprised/ambushed by a rat with a rather pimped out AKM. I had my trusty vepr and managed to kill him even through he A) Had an automatic gun, B) Had the jump on me. Checking out his load out I realized why I won, his AKM was not built for recoil AT ALL. So when he was going full auto on me, his cross-hair must have been at the sky. Also, he was using T45 and not PS.

Know your guns and ammo, it can save your rear end.

Oysters Autobio
Mar 13, 2017

Gabriel S. posted:

dude, you're forgetting that we ARE the beta testers, don't forget that iTs a BeTa

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Wrong thread

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Is it possible to be the only PMC in a raid? I just did an Interchange run where I didn't hear a single gunshot that wasn't me or the scavs I was fighting. Quietest raid I've ever had, it felt really weird.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Is it possible to be the only PMC in a raid? I just did an Interchange run where I didn't hear a single gunshot that wasn't me or the scavs I was fighting. Quietest raid I've ever had, it felt really weird.

I believe it’s possible, especially late wipe as the player count tanks. My group has plenty of raids these days where we see and hear no one else.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

I've had that happen at night a handful of times, it made Interchange feel like a haunted house.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Apparently you can scav into Customs and appear in sniper scav locations :allears:

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Is this just based on luck?

Personally, I think they should let as spawn in as SCAV Raiders. That'd be so freaking awesome.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

I don't think it's actually possible, based on personal observation.

I mean, if your PC loads the game pretty quickly (I'm using a NVMe SSD) it will tell you one of two things as you enter a raid: you are waiting for players, or you are synchronizing with players.

The former means you are entering a fresh raid, but other PMCs that will spawn with you have not finished loading. The latter means you are entering an ongoing raid (i.e. started by other PMCs).

I've been paying attention to this for months, especially when running poo poo like 3 AM night woods, and have yet to see a raid start like an offline raid does, without either of these two messages on load.

I believe that some raids start with the minimum number of PMCs necessary, and don't get backfilled due to low demand for that particular map/time. Combine this with a game where no player is going to take a predetermined chain of actions in any given raid, and you can end up with situations like this.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I think its technically possible to be alone in a raid, or at least it used to be.

"waiting for players" has some maximum time elapsed before it just starts a raid without the minimum number (or it used to)

whether it would be possible to get into such a raid in october 2020, i do not know, and i doubt

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Yeah, I've been playing EFT for like 7 months now, so I can only speak of recent builds.

But as far as I can tell, right now, if the game hasn't found enough players to start a raid, it'll say 'matching...'. Once it has progressed to waiting for/synchronizing with players, you are most certainly either waiting for someone to finish loading, or loading into a raid that has already began.

With that said I believe you could be the only PMC in a raid if all others failed to load. You can kinda abuse this by disconnecting before you finish loading; the raid will start but your character will not spawn in until you reconnect.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Liberatore posted:

Yeah, I've been playing EFT for like 7 months now, so I can only speak of recent builds.

But as far as I can tell, right now, if the game hasn't found enough players to start a raid, it'll say 'matching...'. Once it has progressed to waiting for/synchronizing with players, you are most certainly either waiting for someone to finish loading, or loading into a raid that has already began.

With that said I believe you could be the only PMC in a raid if all others failed to load. You can kinda abuse this by disconnecting before you finish loading; the raid will start but your character will not spawn in until you reconnect.

Nah matching is before it even starts looking for players. Matching is like looking for an available instance slot.

It was before your time, but the wipe prior to the current wipe, the game really blew up big and for weeks after the wipe there were serious problems with matching because too many people were trying to play, and there werent enough available instances on their servers.

It could take 5 or 10 minutes of 'matching' to get an instance slot, at which point a match would start with minimal/no Looking For Players.

The tarkov matchmaking workflow is (was) something like:

Finding Available Instance (Matching) -> loading map loading loot -> populating instance (Waiting for Players) -> minimum number of players found OR timer runs to 3:00 or something -> start match (Deploying)

and for late spawning it uses you to fill a match that started <= 3 minutes ago without the maximum number of players in it

One takeaway from this is that when you see (Waiting For Players) or any actual (Deploying) countdown, you know you will not be late spawned.

There is other jank where you get stuck on Awaiting Session Start and get late-late spawned because of that, but its separate from the normal matchmaking flow as far as I know.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

hakimashou posted:

It was before your time, but the wipe prior to the current wipe, the game really blew up big and for weeks after the wipe there were serious problems with matching because too many people were trying to play, and there werent enough available instances on their servers.

It could take 5 or 10 minutes of 'matching' to get an instance slot, at which point a match would start with minimal/no Looking For Players.

Oh, I've actually experienced this as the Brazilian servers had this issue until they were upgraded recently.

It was the worst at the beginning of this wipe. Easy 10-15 minute queues on all maps. And as the next closest server is in goddamn Miami (140ms ping), it was either long queues or janky gameplay and random disconnects from hitting the ping limit.

But that's good to know. My understanding of the matchmaking process was incomplete. However, you can still get super long 'matching...' queues so I imagine there is still a minimum number of players that need to be found before an instance slot is assigned, as I don't think server capacity is an issue anymore, especially at this point in the wipe.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I thought it was really unlikely that I ended up alone, especially on a Saturday morning in the US. But I thought it was equally unlikely that I'd go a whole Interchange raid (I extracted with 8 minutes left) and not hear a single gunshot that wasn't me or the scavs who were shooting at me.

Maybe everyone was running suppressed and took all the scavs by surprise or maybe everyone just laid really low. But I went all over the map, including all around the outside, cuz I was leveling my sniper skill for Tarkov Shooter so I was hitting up all the scav hot spots.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Liberatore posted:

Oh, I've actually experienced this as the Brazilian servers had this issue until they were upgraded recently.

It was the worst at the beginning of this wipe. Easy 10-15 minute queues on all maps. And as the next closest server is in goddamn Miami (140ms ping), it was either long queues or janky gameplay and random disconnects from hitting the ping limit.

But that's good to know. My understanding of the matchmaking process was incomplete. However, you can still get super long 'matching...' queues so I imagine there is still a minimum number of players that need to be found before an instance slot is assigned, as I don't think server capacity is an issue anymore, especially at this point in the wipe.

Yeah when it was like that for everyone 2 wipes ago, people would always play on whatever server was like late night/early morning locally, since it was the only way to get into a match without a 10 minute matching wait.

Tarkov dev decision-making doesnt follow normal logic or rules or 'any reasonable person would...' so who knows.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Spawned in as a sniper scav on customs. Found out the hard way that the metal overhangs don't actually exist. Broke both of my legs then bled to death.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Such a hilarious but dumb idea when there’s hardly a way to get down from any of the sniper locations safely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM

InevitableCheese posted:

Such a hilarious but dumb idea when there’s hardly a way to get down from any of the sniper locations safely.

Hilarious too since the other post in this thread is with a kedr. I do know you can get down from the sniper scav spot in woods because people glitch their way onto the rocks up top.