Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

So even though I swore that I was done with this game after the latest round of Nikita actively sabotaging his game I saw some friends playing and started another wipe. I decided to see if my old player scav ultra-safe loot runs were still viable and they definitely are. So I'm reposting this although since I don't have access to the flew market yet I'm sure the values on some of the items I've mentioned no longer apply.

Ice Fist posted:

So while I was sitting around this weekend, waiting out a snow storm preventing me from driving home I wrote an effort post guide about what I do with these scav runs. So here... have at it:

Scav Hidden Stash Guide

So hidden stashes own. Customs, Woods, Interchange and Shoreline all have them and from personal experience, they are mostly ignored by PMCs. Even other player scavs don’t typically spend any time looting them. The best part is they can contain almost any item in the game. So you can move around the map and hoover up pretty decent loot at relatively low risk, since they are generally in out of the way places and as mentioned, the majority of players ignore them.

Not only do they contain some nice expensive rare items, they’ll also contain items you’ll need to build your hideout as well as quest items. They’re also an excellent place to look for food and drink if your character is running low on hydration or energy, or even ammo if you need some.

I use my scav runs to farm them. I started doing this on customs, but customs is a crowded and pretty dangerous map with a pretty limited number of stashes. So I switched to shoreline, which is larger and emptier (and thus safer) with 32 stashes to loot. You won’t be able to get to all of them, but on my route, depending on where I spawn and where my extracts are I can hit 21 of them.

If I make it out I probably average above 300k roubles. But you can make 500k+ with a bit of luck. This method of playing the game *is* pretty boring. There are more exciting things to do with your scav runs. But it is safe and pretty reliable and also a pretty solid contrast to more intense PMC runs since it’s a pretty chill sightseeing tour or Shoreline. In general, my PMC runs are all about getting EXP and killing people and I play solo alot. So it's nice to take a break and just chill while making cash to fund better PMC gear.

I also don’t claim this is the most lucrative thing you can do as a scav. There are guides out there to make tons of cash as a scav on Reserve or Interchange. But those maps also get tons of PMC and player scav activity so I imagine they’re more dangerous locations. Shoreline by comparison is a ghost town. This is just my safe and simple method for some easy cash. A successful run will fund a pretty decent PMC kit and even if you die a lot as a PMC if you’re alternating PMC and scav runs you’ll probably always be making money.

So in general, there is one route. However, you can’t always hit the entire route mostly because of where you spawn and where your exits are. The best spawn is Road to Customs and a Ruined House or Dead End exit. This will allow you to hit the majority of the route with ease. I spawn a lot near Rock Passage as well, in which case I take the portion of my route that is headed towards one of my exits.

I marked the route and all of the stashes I hit along it on this above map. The common extracts I use are marked if I get them. Areas in purple are high danger areas. It's the places I typically die. Scav truck in particular stands out as the most dangerous place.

As you play you’ll generally get a feel for how much something is worth, but here is a list of items to look out for plus their general value on the flea market:

• Graphics Cards - 280k
  • Paracord - 180k
  • Nails - 40k
  • DFuel - 90k (This has a high market fee. If you put it up for 90k you’re going to get a ~25k market fee, which is weird)
  • Fuel Conditioner - 90k
  • Sugar - 40k
  • M995, M61, BS, 7N39 Ingolik, 762 BP etc. - Varying, but typically over 1k per round
  • Bolts - 15k
  • Corrugated Hose - 30k
  • Pressure Gauge - 65k
  • Thermometer - 50k
  • Water Filter - 40k
  • Metal Fuel Can - 80k
  • Propane - 40k
  • Motor - 40k
  • Gas Analyzer - 40k

This list is not comprehensive. It's a "off the top of my head" list of things that are automatically grabbed. You’ll also find tons of items that aren’t worth a lot, but you need for either quests or hideout building like

• Building supplies like nuts, screws, etc.
  • Trash tech items like CPUs, wires, circuits, cpu fans, etc.
  • Med supplies like Ifaks, Salewas, etc. which makes stashes an excellent target if you’re injured and need supplies
  • Food and drinks, which make stashes an excellent target if you’re in danger of becoming dehydrated or running out of energy
  • Weapons. Usually cheap ones, but I have found MP9s, MDRs, MP5s etc and even used them to defend myself. Lots of pistols though.

Some general tips

• You need either a backpack or a large rig. If you spawn without one your primary objective is to get one. Make a beeline for the nearest scav spawn and kill a scav with one if you need one.
  • Other than in the case of #1, avoid killing NPC scavs. This is all about stealthily hoovering up loot and your odds of survival go down if you ring a dinner bell and attract other players
  • Other player scavs are the scum of the earth. Kill them on sight, because they’ll kill you if you don’t and who knows. It’s possible they’re also looting the stashes and did your work for you. Just the other night I killed one who was rocking a labs key card.
  • Fighting PMCs is your call. Whether or not I decide to fight other players depends on the current value of the loot I’ve already grabbed and what my scav loadout is. In general I avoid players, but have also taken down a group of 3 in the process of doing this.
  • Don’t hesitate to check other things like coats, toolboxes, green boxes or weapons cases along the way.
  • Once you learn the stash locations, feel free to run this at night for another layer of safety. While learning where the spawns are I’d recommend running it during the day because they are “hidden” after all.

As a PMC don't hesitate to hit hidden stashes on whatever map you're on. I wouldn't do PMC runs that are exclusively about hitting hidden stashes, because I can effectively loot so many as a scav, but if you're passing by one hit it up. You might be able to secure container something pretty valuable.

Anyways that's about it. Enjoy.

The added benefit is that stashes were buffed I guess? Now they drop rigs and armor. In a raid on customs I found a Zhuk6a whatever armor and on the next on shoreline I found a slick vest. So stashes still own. If you want to loot and chill doing the above never hurts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Ice Fist posted:

So even though I swore that I was done with this game after the latest round of Nikita actively sabotaging his game I saw some friends playing and started another wipe. I decided to see if my old player scav ultra-safe loot runs were still viable and they definitely are. So I'm reposting this although since I don't have access to the flew market yet I'm sure the values on some of the items I've mentioned no longer apply.

The added benefit is that stashes were buffed I guess? Now they drop rigs and armor. In a raid on customs I found a Zhuk6a whatever armor and on the next on shoreline I found a slick vest. So stashes still own. If you want to loot and chill doing the above never hurts.

I prefer Interchange since outside is usually deserted except for raid end and start, but yeah, I highly recommend it.

if you do Interchange, don't forget to check the stairs spot for extract campers. got a free m1a and thermal from that :mrgw:

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

mysteryberto posted:

Hilarious too since the other post in this thread is with a kedr. I do know you can get down from the sniper scav spot in woods because people glitch their way onto the rocks up top.

It's no glitch you can literally just walk your lil self up there, theres some sweet spots on Shoreline as well

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Hidden stashes have gotten even better now that you can find high end helmets and armor. I pulled a Slick out of one a couple days ago and I'm currently drowning in level 4 helmets.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I've been having some bad luck in my scav runs. Past 5 runs all ended with me getting shot in the face. I am not even mad or upset, people just got the jump on me. But, it does suck getting one shot again and again.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Ice Fist posted:

So even though I swore that I was done with this game after the latest round of Nikita actively sabotaging his game I saw some friends playing and started another wipe.

Thread title proving correct once again.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

aniviron posted:

Thread title proving correct once again.

Seeing Fisty make that post lead directly to me reinstalling it.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
Got some awful desync. Spawned in PMC with a pistol, was definitely cursed because a SCAV just sprinted at from outside the building I spawned in. Got 7 shots off to the chest, followed by one solid headshot, all point blank. Then I randomly died. Stats page only showed me landing one shot for 36 damage. Lame.

How often does this happen? It's a serious bummer given how high the stakes are.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

It's way better than it used to be, this last patch as really improved general performance.

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM
In all my SCAV runs I've never had this happen before. I tried to knife another SCAV to death and was put down quickly.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Check your containers so you don't pee a little when you open one post raid and realize what could have happened.

I went into Customs with nothing but a Mosin cuz I needed to kill sniper scavs. I got the one on the smokestack and the one on top of Warehouse 17, then figured I'd just run around looking for trouble cuz it was no biggie if I died. Managed to kill a PMC with a Pilgrim and a scav vest so all of a sudden I had a huge backpack and could try to take some stuff out with me. But he wasn't wearing any armor so I was still naked.

The tree behind old gas had a Blackrock under it and I scooped it up without looking inside. Grabbed some other stuff on the way out and I wasn't being too careful cuz I wasn't that worried about losing the piddly poo poo I had. But all went well and I extracted safely.

The Blackrock had every single slot filled with items, including a blue keycard. I could have lost that fuckin thing without ever knowing I had it.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Unpopular opinion, I wish they didn't add the items case because picking up a Red Keycard during a game and having to extract with it alive is the best rush ever.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So something weird just happened to me, the game took forever to load and when it did I was clocking 20 fps. I usually get around 120 fps. This happen to anyone else?

Nothing else was running in the background.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Check your containers so you don't pee a little when you open one post raid and realize what could have happened.

I went into Customs with nothing but a Mosin cuz I needed to kill sniper scavs. I got the one on the smokestack and the one on top of Warehouse 17, then figured I'd just run around looking for trouble cuz it was no biggie if I died. Managed to kill a PMC with a Pilgrim and a scav vest so all of a sudden I had a huge backpack and could try to take some stuff out with me. But he wasn't wearing any armor so I was still naked.

The tree behind old gas had a Blackrock under it and I scooped it up without looking inside. Grabbed some other stuff on the way out and I wasn't being too careful cuz I wasn't that worried about losing the piddly poo poo I had. But all went well and I extracted safely.

The Blackrock had every single slot filled with items, including a blue keycard. I could have lost that fuckin thing without ever knowing I had it.

Counterpoint: Never check containers until after the raid, because if you know you need to get out with something good you're gonna die for sure.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Inspector_666 posted:

Counterpoint: Never check containers until after the raid, because if you know you need to get out with something good you're gonna die for sure.

I mean almost any keycard is worth putting in your butt even if you die, only the yellow one is cheap

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Found my first gfx card today on a scav interchange run. I'm still really new but man that made my heart pound. Netted 300k all told!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Found my first gfx card today on a scav interchange run. I'm still really new but man that made my heart pound. Netted 300k all told!

Nice! It feels good to find those.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
What's the current take on scav karma? I see that it's "in progress" but have the devs talked about it explicitly?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

sephiRoth IRA posted:

What's the current take on scav karma? I see that it's "in progress" but have the devs talked about it explicitly?

It was a sort of goofy off the wall idea in the past but now that they've got all the fantasy stuff in like buff potions and enchantments on items and stuff its probably actually gonna happen and be really dumb.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

hakimashou posted:

It was a sort of goofy off the wall idea in the past but now that they've got all the fantasy stuff in like buff potions and enchantments on items and stuff its probably actually gonna happen and be really dumb.

A fellow scav popped me at an exit last night when I had a loaded bag and I was thinking that was a hilariously evil idea. probably not viable though depending on how stringent their karma penalties are

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

https://streamable.com/jxjax3

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

lol I could almost hear the "wait a sec..."

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
Anybody else do this?

Pistol cases sell for 20-30k on the flea market, as nobody uses them. But they are a godsend for reserve money runs.

This was a pretty 'meh' haul as I spawned away from all the good ammo spawns, but that's still 160k in ammo (and a vog). Pretty good for effectively taking 4 slots in your backpack. I've had runs where I stuffed over 400k worth of ammo in that little pistol case.

Some runs you have to either drop the pistol case (and get it back in insurance) or fill it with your own mags to gain space for other items, but just filling it stacks of BT ammo is enough to add quite a bit of profit to an already juicy run. It works well in labs too. Kill a PMC and you're bound to get a few expensive M4/HK or AS VAL magazines, or stacks of M61s, M995s, etc. Nevermind raider ammo. Put all that in your trusty pistol case and you save so much space for other goodies.

fuckwolf
Oct 2, 2014

by Pragmatica
I’m just getting started with this game. I’ve only got about 5 hours of play time so far, so I’m predictably terrible. I don’t think I’m getting any better, though. Definitely getting dropped frequently by Scavs offline. Can anyone refer me to some streamers that have good content for beginners? I’ve watched a few videos, but they’re all like “36 INS@NE TIPS 4 EFT BEGINNERS, OWN CHADS!” Something like a full walkthrough of a raid in Customs would be fantastic.

I want to play with goons eventually, but I don’t have headset so it would probably be kind of lame to not be able to ask questions and communicate. I should just get a drat headset since playing WITH people was one of the attractive things about this game.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

fuckwolf posted:

I’m just getting started with this game. I’ve only got about 5 hours of play time so far, so I’m predictably terrible. I don’t think I’m getting any better, though. Definitely getting dropped frequently by Scavs offline. Can anyone refer me to some streamers that have good content for beginners? I’ve watched a few videos, but they’re all like “36 INS@NE TIPS 4 EFT BEGINNERS, OWN CHADS!” Something like a full walkthrough of a raid in Customs would be fantastic.

I want to play with goons eventually, but I don’t have headset so it would probably be kind of lame to not be able to ask questions and communicate. I should just get a drat headset since playing WITH people was one of the attractive things about this game.

Get a microphone

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

fuckwolf posted:

a headset with a mic is ~20 bucks. you can't lose!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

fuckwolf posted:

Try Karmakut's playthrough if you want to watch somebody who's starting fresh and talks through what he's doing and why pretty well. Pestily's raid series is pretty good too but don't try to play like him, he's reckless and while it seems to work for him it absolutely will not for a noob.

You will want a mic if you're gonna play with other people.

And you ARE getting better, you're just not gonna feel like it for awhile. I was in the same place you are a few months ago. This is not a game you can learn without going in and just doing it and that means a lot of dying and feeling humiliated. Figure out what you did wrong each time or what you could have done better, because there's always something.

Run your scav as much as you can and always always always go for headshots.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

fuckwolf posted:

There is no replacement for just playing the game. Preferably in a group. You can watch all the videos you want, but even watching walkthrough vids or whatever won't create the sense of direction you'll develop as you play.

Get a headset. Get on Discord.

That being said, if you really want to watch a good newbie friendly streamer I don't think there is one better at explaining what he is doing than Deadlyslob.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Got some drops from watching Nikitas stream today. Promptly lost them all due to servers crapping out after the update. Peak Tarkov.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
And for those who missed it: are we getting Streets? Next year. Desync fixes? Next year. Clipping through doors? Next year? A magic "cold-blooded" stim to make you invisible to thermals? Nikita is working on that immediately; thanks Klean you fuckin baby.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Here's the last DevBlog,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT0AZSLGHGs

Things we know,

- A few new guns and gear
- Woods Rework with Expansion

- Working on a lot of bugs - trying to fix perf, desync, exploits, etc.
- Rework of optics

- General progress going well but it doesn't seem like 12.9 with Streets will happen until next year

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
Are guns I pick up off pmcs I kill considered found in raid?

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Pretty sure they are, as long as they're dead before you filch them

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

RangerKarl posted:

Oh, so if I murdered them it's a no go?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

RangerKarl posted:

Any item brought by a PMC is NOT found in raid.

This is to stop people attempting to sync drop (start the raid at the same time) with non-found in raid items and trying to put that status back on them.

Are sync drops still viable?

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

Ziploc posted:

For quests and stuff, yes.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Ziploc posted:

Any item brought by a PMC is NOT found in raid.

This is to stop people attempting to sync drop (start the raid at the same time) with non-found in raid items and trying to put that status back on them.

This makes sense, thanks for clearing that up.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Are guns I pick up off pmcs I kill considered found in raid?

Dont get hung up on the flavor text with that item enchantment, it has almost nothing to do with raids or finding an item in a raid.

There is a narrow set of circumstances where the enchantment will be applied to an item you actually found in a raid

1) no PMC brought the item in and
2) you dont die and
3) you remain in the raid for at least ten minutes or
4) you reach some arbitrary threshold of xp points gained during the raid

Most items which bear that enchantment dont come from raids at all, they are things you 'craft' in your hideout or that you win in the loot slot machine in your hideout.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I got an absolute gently caress ton of gear and stuff today from the twitch drops, going to be thicc my next couple raids :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
So..... I'm pretty bad sometimes. Where my other lack of skill people at?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Kqa62kOgw