Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Ice Fist posted:

https://streamable.com/bwf4j

gently caress exit campers

Edit: Also on display is the sheer paranoia I have when I play solo. But it's not really paranoia since everyone is trying to kill me.

Get rid of that PACA and get some real armor.

For real: It's an armor class 2 which means it'll stop effectively nothing. 3 or better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Ice Fist posted:

It's for a quest

Ew. gently caress that quest.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Bucnasti posted:

Also the quests should spread you out more, the early quests are all on customs and the late ones are all on shoreline or interchange. Maybe the campaign they play will fix this.

The reason so many quests are on Customs is because the only maps available when they initially dropped EFT were Customs, Woods, and Factory.

Why they havent updated locations or quests to spread them out more is beyond me.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
:allears:

Remember when there was no flea market?

Guys, relax. It'll be fine.

And to all the complaining about how you're not gonna like doing the quests over and over and over? Don't do 'em, or do them passively. Trust, as someone who's gone through countless wipes, you'll be just fine.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

DrBox posted:

I thought Nikita implied on a podcast the next content patch was expected sooner. This might come before the next wipe.

They posted preliminary patch notes, so the next patch will be within the next few days (friendly reminder that BSG does work weekends, and have done things like patches on weekends before). The wipe, according to lord nikita, isn't until at least July, with a few content patches in between then and now.

Bear in mind however, that if nikita says July, that means November is when you can expect the wipe.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

oh i haven't played pubg in years, you used to be able to lag switch for 20+ seconds at a time and everything would go through

Do you cheat in every game you play? Serious question.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Ambaire posted:

Someone came up with this explanation as to why that poo poo is possible. Seems reasonable.

Why the gently caress does the server not run sanity checks on looting/etc. The tarkov dev team don't seem to be experienced with dealing with hackers at all.. and the game is how old?

4 years give or take.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
We need a BSG logo like we have for :dice:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Naw. Grenade case, SICC case, Red Rebel. Went from 7mil to 70mil and maxed out my hideout just flipping those over a few weeks (well, the second 2 until recently, obviously).

what's the return on the SICC and RR? I feel like it's 3-3.5 mil to buy the items you need for the RR and then it sells for 6 mil with a 2 mil tax.... so half a mil profit? is that all?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

ChesterJT posted:

You haven't done it in a while apparently. You lose money on the red rebel now, SICC is more like 300k profit now, grenade case is maybe 150-200k.

Uh, no? I did it 3 times last night and made about a half mil profit each time it sold, and I was constantly undercutting the lowest offer on the flea. The tax is 2 mil and some change, not 3.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

ChesterJT posted:

Not everyone has lv3 intel center

RIP. my condolances

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Stux posted:

banning china wouldnt help because most people from there arent cheating and the ones who are can also easily get around anything you try to do to keep people from china out. the only solution is to keep patching stuff as quick as you can.

:lol:

There are Chinese players on the subreddit agreeing that cheating is a huge problem there, mostly spawning from the whole "winning is everything" mentality that exists in China. Cheating or hacking in games is not looked down upon by the vast majority of players, so boom: you get an inordinate amount of cheaters from that area.

What I'm saying is, you're dumb, and China needs to be region-locked somehow

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
:siren: new patch notes are out! :siren:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Sell your THICC case unless you need it for the space. List it at or just below the cheapest offer. You're still gonna make a fuckload off it. iirc, I sold mine for 16 mil. roubles after the therapist quest.

Your rep on the flea allows you to list more items. When you hit 10 rep, you can start listing 4 items at a time. Probably the same for when you hit 20, 30, etc. If your item doesn't sell or if you pull your item early your rep will take a hit, but its negligible.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

causticBeet posted:

if you’re not constantly shouting gibberish in Russian while doing your scav runs you’re objectively playing it wrong

I've found that hitting the gibberish hotkey (F1 I think?) over and over when in the vicinity of another player scav has brought me wayyy more fun than it's gotten me killed. Most of the time they're surprised that I'm making myself known, so they'll be curious enough to not kill me immediately, in which case I can do the wiggle and teabag motions.

I've teamed up with a LOT of p.scavs this way, way more than I've been killed by them. The issue is you ultimately do have to see them first and have the opportunity to start spamming gibberish.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Jarf posted:

What's the word on accessing the API for Tarkov? I was thinking of writing a lil' algorithm that would sort my stash for me but if it's gonna get be banned then I won't bother.

There is a stash sorting button coming soon™

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Ihmemies posted:

I finally got around to playing this game. I started as a scav to adjust settings, graphics, sensitivity etc.

I shot at every guy I saw, all 5 were scavs. I found a few items from a table inside a hut and took them. I hesitated with the last guy I saw so he got a few shots at me. Anyways I killed him and then 2 more guys came and killed me while my vision was blurry.

What am I supposed to do? Just shoot at everyone? Shoot only select people? Then I guess I need to haul rear end and somehow exit the zone alive before the red time reaches zero.

As a new player, shooting everyone you see when you're playing on your scav is gonna make your playthroughs harder for no reason. AI scavs won't attack you unless you attack them first, so they're useful idiots to keep around if for nothing else then an early warning system for PMCs.

Also, if you do end up killing an AI scav and the others in the area are aggro'd, leave. If you put some distance between yourself and the area you were in, other scavs on the map won't attack you.

The hardest part of being a new player on scav mode is differentiating between PMCs and scavs. My best advice is to try and be sneaky and watch their movement. Scavs will move very deliberately, and also will stand stock still for decent lengths of time--something that very few players will.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

ShowTime posted:

If a player scav has shot at or killed another scav, you are clear to kill that player scav.

Yeah, no this is wrong. The only scav you can kill without aggroing the AI is a p.scav that attacks you. If a p.scav attacks the AI and you kill the p.scav, the AI will still come after you.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Let them spend their money how they want?

At least it's Pestily and not some gigantic POS. :shrug:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Great Beer posted:

Rain is the best. Real good for sneaking up on people and makes it harder for snipers to pick you off from a mile away.

I love rain raids in Tarkov.

Rain raids best raids

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Lmfao at the thermal buff. Like, why?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Galaga Galaxian posted:

A Kedr loaded with SP6 or SP7 will kill even the sweatiest of gearlords hilariously fast if you are shooting them in the legs. And those guns you mentioned would probably do even better.

Just go for the legs. You’re hosed in anything but close range encounters though.

Am I missing something here? The Kedr takes 9x18...?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I’m just saying high damage low pen bullets in an SMG (any smg) can shred legs really good.

Unless you mean me specifically calling for SP6/7?

Yeah, it was this.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Galaga Galaxian posted:

9x18 mm PM SP7 gzh?

Multiple guns have SP rounds, not just the VSS/VAL.

Yeah, I think that was my gently caress up. I didn't realize SP7/8 came in anything other than 9x39.

Allllll the way down there at the bottom, but huh. Lookie there.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

ChesterJT posted:

...knowing a wipe was coming "soon" (just announce the thing already for fucks sake)....

lol, this must be your first wipe. BSG blue balls it's community for weeks before they officially announce it.

I personally already kinda went on hiatus, and probably will stay gone until Streets or some other new map drops. I'm just really burnt out tbh.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

ShowTime posted:

Yesterday I got killed in the first couple of minutes when I loaded in late to Shoreline. I got killed by a person with TTV in the name and I obviously had to check it out. Unlike most people with TTV in the name, this person was actually live.

While it was a guy from a 5-man squad (technically a 6-man squad, but i'll get into that), all running Thermals, the person who got the killing blow had a really interesting setup. Turns out, this guy is a paraplegic.Quadriplegic? He had a stroke and then an aneurysm and something like none of his body works. So how he plays is his assistant uses the keyboard for movement while he plays with an eyetracker and facial movements. Where he looks, he aims. By making different gestures with his face, he can shoot, ADS, etc. It was incredibly cool and the dude had killer aim. If I can remember the channel name, i'll link it. His assistant was talking with chat and they all seemed like a friendly bunch. The assistant basically does everything but aim and push the fire button.

Just makes you think about who is playing this game and how they are playing. Dude even had a Kappa container, so definitely puts in work.

Lol, never in my wildest dreams would I ever think a quadriplegic would be better than me in video games, but here we are.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Got a Factory key, 5 syringes and 1 ripstop cloth.

The Factory Key alone was worth it.

Umbreon posted:

Day two, 18 hours total, still not a single drop. I don't think it's rng at this point, I must be doing something wrong

Is your Twitch account linked on the EFT official website?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Quote =/ edit

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Umbreon posted:

It is, though after unlinking and relinking, I finally got a splint. It works now, at least lol

lol, F

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Playing Tarkov for almost 5 years now has made me way better at other FPS games.

That's my post, thanks for reading.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

bobz0r posted:

the best identifier of a player scav is that they are carrying 2 guns, and the Pouch slot in the inventory when they are a corpse

Lol, just so you know, the AI will loot guns off corpses now and will absolutely roll with 2 primaries. I dont think theyre programmed to swap and use the 2nd, but I've definitely seen them loot a body to take the primary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I feel like I've done okay for my first day, I've just been doing Scav poo poo. I've been killed most of my runs but I made it out a few times with some piddly poo poo. My biggest problems so far are that I keep blasting scavs thinking they're players and then they all seem to go hostile, and that I absolutely do not know where I am when I spawn in so I spend more time trying to figure out where I am on the wiki map than I do playing the game.

I know that last one will become less of a problem with experience but I am also a bit miffed that this game appears to take place in a parallel universe where the compass was never developed.

Compass confirmed Coming Soon™

As far as learning the maps, you could always play offline without AI just to run around and learn where everything is etc.