Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

https://streamable.com/bwf4j

gently caress exit campers

Edit: Also on display is the sheer paranoia I have when I play solo. But it's not really paranoia since everyone is trying to kill me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Zipperelli. posted:

Get rid of that PACA and get some real armor.

Papa Prapor is making me wear it

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Jarf posted:

Found my first IR scope and I'm too scared to use it :ohdear:

There is an easy solution to this. Just sell it. Don't hang onto gear you're too afraid to lose.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Merely reading about these quests has convinced me that as long as there are semi regular wipes I'm not loving doing them.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I have a random question about healing. I'm unsure what I'm doing wrong or if it's meant to be a no win situation at that point, but when a limb has gone to 0, after bandaging it so it is no longer bleeding, and it doesn't require a splint, I still cannot heal it?

Is there another medication that needs to be applied to like a leg/arm? Bandage/Splint then Car/Selawa Heal Kit usually?

Limbs that reach zero, or “blacked”, cannot be healed without the use of a surgical kit.

You either need a SURV12 or a CMS kit. The major difference between the surgical kits is the SURV12 is one slot bigger, has more charges, and repairs broken bones.

After using a surgical kit the limb will have 1 health and have a slightly lower max health. But you’ll be able to heal the rest with a regular med kit.

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Mar 3, 2020

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Wallrod posted:

I was extremely psyched to get a GPU from what i thought was someone speedhacking, but apparently this is normal, even on < 60 ping servers. Jesus christ, maybe i'll come back in a year.

https://streamable.com/n5lb7

I have like 300ish PMC raids this wipe and have yet to see a speed hacker like that (boy he is very bad at the game). Frankly I've only even suspected that I've died to a hacker just once.

Also coming back in a year probably won't help much. I wouldn't expect BSG to suddenly, over the course of a year, make the game hack proof or something.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Wallrod posted:

Some likely dipshits on reddit (yeah, i know) are swearing up and down this is normal desync, they probably didn't know this is on helsinki servers from the UK. The weirdest part was that he was a scav, and had a loaded AK74 on his back but chose to do this with a 10rd 366 vepr.

Oh I see what you're saying now. I misread your post. My bad.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Kikas posted:

Also went into Factory with a Saiga 9mm for the "stand next to 3 exits" quest because hey, 2 free bitcoin, and domed some sweaty gear lord who must have loved his Gen 4 armor a lot, because when I looted it off him it had 3/10 durability :psyduck:

I'd bet that he bought it cheap off the flea market thinking he found some good armor on the cheap.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Face shooting OP. I hope Nikita gets on that.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Ambaire posted:

I guess my mistake was assuming it was intended to be insulting. some of the posts on here.. can't tell whether people are being serious or sarcastic or who knows what the gently caress

It is intended to be insulting.

Gearlord (noun): A pejorative used by goons to describe someone with an extremely expensive kit

Its usage is kind of ironic because a lot of goons are consistently gearlords themselves or are trying to become financially secure enough to become gearlords. How have you not just understood its meaning via context? It's used on pretty much every single page of this thread.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Nikita on stream right now saying that stamina is going to be divided between arms and legs, which is p cool.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Priorities:
Server stability
Major security vulnerabilities
Core gameplay mechanics
Arm stamina!!

tbf he talked about server stability for about 20 minutes

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

TTerrible posted:

The new weight stuff is insane and it's going to drive people completely out of their minds. I cannot wait.

Getting tank batteries out of reserve is going to be hilarious

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

You will be able to restore power to the interchange mall from the powerstation now via a switch. They're demo'ing it now.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

causticBeet posted:

That sounds cool as hell - I hope as they expand on the existing maps they add more of the dynamic elements they’ve added in labs and reserve - would be cool to see something you can do in customs that opens up the area between old gas and construction

Several stores now have alarm systems that go off when you enter the stores lol.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Cultists are going to be stealth added to the game.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I should be dead. But thankfully, the bad guys hosed up more than I did. Sometimes its better to be lucky than good. When I started healing I had 25 health and 3 bleeds.

https://streamable.com/rdsfo

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

twig1919 posted:

You try sprinting 100m then tossing a grenade or holding a gun steady.

Doesn't seem that bad if I wasn't fat and out of shape. 3 gun matches are a real thing where people do this.

Well not the grenade part. For that all you gotta do is look at regular spots. Grown men run around, get tired and can throw a round object far and with accuracy.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

DrPop posted:

drat so not everyone screams when the "CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE" alert goes off? Weird

I did scream. Internally.

That sounds has made me jump a whole loving lot.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Famethrowa posted:

this clip just got my friend to buy the game

Oh no.

What have I done?????

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

loving yikes, that's gonna suuuuuuuuuck.

Goons already discussing ways to quickly cheese the 15 levels of XP. It's not going to be too bad for the people who know how to knock it out.

But yeah, it's a bad change.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

oh i haven't played pubg in years, you used to be able to lag switch for 20+ seconds at a time and everything would go through

The effort you're putting into this has reached a new low

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Rent-A-Cop posted:

A fun game

I'm level 36, have a hideout that's only incomplete because of laziness combined with a total lack of willpower to complete anything Jaeger related, and I've never done this gas can thing or any other skill cheese. Just playing the game normally will get you all of this stuff. It's not like any of this poo poo is required.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Every time patch notes are released it's always "Nikita has gone too far this time!" and every patch the game gets more popular.

He might yet ruin this game. But he hasn't yet. He's actually managed to build something with an interesting gameplay loop that people want to play even if they have to put up with some bullshit mechanics or features that don't make any loving sense.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

ThePineapple posted:

I'm definitely at the point where I'm feeling this a bit more. Any recommendations for a good loadout that's a step up beyond the penis helm / 6B3TM budget default?

The kit that became my staple after 6B3TM/Penis helmet was either Killa Armor/Gen4 armor and either a ULACH or ACHHC. Both of those armors are level 5 and repair well, although Killa's armor is in a league of its own, and both helmets are a reasonable price and have a high ricochet chance.

Keep in mind though that the 6B3TM is such a goddamn good value that you should continue wearing it. Alot. Unless you're just mega rich and don't care about value.

That's just my preference though.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

ShowTime posted:

There was a pk-06 on one of them

Vendor that poo poo asap lest you become cursed

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

ShowTime posted:

I get sound and I wish I could describe the situation a bit better. It wasn't a strategic element that got me killed, it was this guy being able to enter the doorway, ADS and hit me in the face in a split second. I can also tell where people are based on sound. It's not hard to hear something in your left ear and know it's in that direction.

It's called peeker's advantage. And it's a big deal especially in Tarkov.

Also some people are just that loving good. Like, watch a couple videos from someone like Worrun. His reactions are insane. Some people are basically human aimbots and you just don't stand a chance.

ChesterJT posted:

I've actually had good luck rushing dorms for quests. Especially the room 203/303 ones. I can get up that staircase, go in and unlock the door, get my quest item and out of the building in like 10 seconds. Getting away and out to extract is always trickier.

Dorms has a well earned reputation. But yeah same. If I need to go there, so long as I have a good spawn and I'm quick I don't usually have too much trouble.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

This is a somewhat more interesting format compared to "make the most money in x amount of time" of whatever the gently caress the last thing was.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

hahaha is there a summary anywhere about this drama.

Worrun is a p chill dude from what I've seen.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I for one, can't wait for the poop/pee system so I can take legit shits on my dead enemies, and then die to someone while doing it so they can take a poo poo on me.

Because that's what people are going to do.

Entire communities will form around the e-honor of *not* taking shits on your kills and the brown sea will fill with disgust and anger of the people being literally poo poo on in Tarkov.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

ShowTime posted:

It's not that big of a change.

It's a massive change, you just haven't really thought it through.

It's also a bad change the more I think about it. The flea market has been extremely good for the game. The downsides of the flea market, like market manipulation, etc do not even come close to canceling out the benefits and accessibility that it brings. People buying mods, ammo, guns, etc and listing them on the flea market after buying them from traders was a good thing since it didn't lock gear behind a lovely, terrible rep/mission grind. More people got access to better gear quicker. The only thing someone needed to become seriously competitive is money. Now you need money, rep and experience.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

You can get the FAL down to a ridiculous 70 recoil or something in that neighborhood. Which for sure isn't "light" by any means, but is ridiculous for a gun that can fire M80 rounds on fully automatic.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

ShowTime posted:

What's everyone's plan after the wipe?

Not playing until other people play and tell me if the game is still worth playing after the lovely flea market changes they're making.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I'm happy all of you are excited about scarcity. I'm not. I've played this game when there was no flea market at all. The flea market allowed you to be competitive without needing to do BSG's poo poo quests for the nth time. You had the option of choosing to do the quests or just ignore them and go fight people and play with your friends. I've done these quests now at least 5 times and they're awful. And now progression and what gear you can buy is basically locked behind them. Nah. No thanks. Absent any other significant content, a quest re-work, complete skills overhaul, or Streets of Tarkov being done I'm not interested in the game at this point.

The weight system changes and the flea market changes I believe are actively detrimental to the game. So I'm not going to play. :)

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I'm just going to do what I did before the flea market existed, which is grind quests, then grind levels, then buy everything I need from traders.

This is what I'd do if I were going to play. But I don't want to do the quests again if I'm forced to for gear progression reasons. So I won't.

i vomit kittens posted:

but I think it could be cool to see more people running lower grade guns/armor because that's all they're able to find.

I've experienced this. At a certain point in the wipe you're going to find that people have ground enough that they're just buying everything from traders. Getting rid of the flea market moves the gear lords over time graph a little further out and flattens it a bit. But eventually everyone is buying the best poo poo. So early in the wipe everyone is going to be in heaven because it's going to be scav guns/sks's/mosins galore, and it's going to last a couple weeks. Then eventually the dam is going to break the first wave of people are going to hit certain levels of trader access and the wipe is going to look pretty familiar to what it was like before the flea market changes, except there will be more have nots and less haves.

That's cool that some of you are excited about that. I'm just... not. So I'll wait until they release something more significant before suffering the quest grind again.

ShowTime posted:

You can still also find everything on the flea market still, it's just gonna be more expensive.

Maybe. In my original post this was why I'd said I'd just wait. Because you have no idea how expensive poo poo is going to be yet. My initial feeling is that it's going to basically be unusable at least for everything that I'd primarily used the flea market for in the past. So we'll see. I'm sure you guys will post about it.

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 12, 2020

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

SquirrelGrip posted:

arguing about the right way to play with an exit camper, lag switcher, stat glitcher is the wrong way to play

We had pages of this exact argument like two months ago. We've come full circle.

I'll be waiting for them to unfuck the quests in ~2023 before I play again.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

You guys complaining about market barons are missing the forest for the trees. Market Barons were a problem, but weren't really the problem. The problem is that buying gear from vendors is gated via the quest system and the quest system sucks. The flea market allowed you to circumvent it and get gear, at a premium, on the flea market. This was a good and cool thing. I could go to any map I wanted without having to worry about whether or not I was making progress on collecting obscure poo poo for a glorified wall of text with a picture so I can unlock foregrips and better ammo.

None of this matters anyways, I'm not playing this game again until the quest system is better or they take the chains off the flea market. I've dumped hundreds of hours into this game and done the quest chains 4ish times now. Just not interested in the same lovely loop. I might play for a bit just to see if Streets of Tarkov meets any of the hype, but I'm not holding my breath.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

NJersey posted:

like why the gently caress is anyone bothering with a hideout and quests these days lol just grab a fuckin mosin and play

Been there. Done that. Got old after doing it for two wipes.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Dr. Clockwork posted:

This is probably a dumb question, but is there no such thing as Scav solidarity? I think 9 out of 10 of my Scav runs, I've been killed by another player Scav.

I need to just throw myself into games more so I can get past the fear of getting ganked because this is a gank simulator so far. Level 10 seems so far away.

Congratulations, you've discovered that player scavs are your worst enemy and you should kill them on sight. Player scavs are the most dangerous enemy in the game whether you're a player scav yourself or you're a PMC, imo. On very rare occasions you can wiggle yourself into cooperating with another player scav but I found that wiggling got me killed so often I just stopped doing it.

They're supposedly going to implement some kind of karma system at some point to promote cooperation, but who knows when that'll be finished. Until then just kill player scavs the moment you recognize them. Try to avoid killing regular NPC scavs unless you can help it or you really want/need their poo poo. It'll aggro other scavs if they're around and you'll reveal your position.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Nobody has mentioned the grenade launcher yet. Can't wait to see how that goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Streamer chat: Veritas might be the biggest whiny baby I've ever seen. I had one encounter with him. Me and a buddy were on customs, just outside the custom's house near the trains heading to the river. I went underneath a train and heard someone behind me, but thought it was my friend so I hesitated. It was Veritas with a TT and he got me good. But he died while looting my body because he forgot the golden rule of Tarkov: There is always one more. Went to go and watch the stream replay and hoooo boy he was mad. Just the whiniest jackass.

Just watch Worrun and Smoke if you're going to watch anyone.