Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Toalpaz posted:

I hate these kinds of quests because even though im rich as gently caress and actually can't lose money faster than I make it at this point due to being OK at the game and having money making options all available, I just don't want to pay flea market markups for things like m61 and want an epsilon.... so I hate having to change my playstyle for like 3 hours of game content when really I just want to run FAL every day all day.

I feel like the quest flow is really messed up, the quests to kill guys with specific weapon should come earlier when you’re still figuring things out and exposure to different play styles would be more useful.
Also the quests should spread you out more, the early quests are all on customs and the late ones are all on shoreline or interchange. Maybe the campaign they play will fix this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Im starting to think the most valuable bonus from EOD was the .2 rep bonus with all the traders.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

twig1919 posted:

Just cheese the quests with goons. Or I guess you could try to flash yourself and get pmc kills on hatchlings for ~reasons~.

Is there a reliable way to cheese it? I've been thinking it would be fun to setup pistol deathmatches with my friends to clear all those jaeger quests.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I had a very similar experience during a scav run on reserve. A scav was teleporting around in front of me and I tried to run but suddenly died without hearing a shot fired.

Seems to be a lot of trouble to get my aksu and tbag.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

At one point I was buying gun barrels from jaeger and selling to skier at a loss just so I could level them both up.
Cost me a couple hundred grand but it got the job done quickly.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Kazvall posted:

I've never seen someone so hosed up.

I didn't think to take a screenshot until after fixing my left leg.

I have no idea how I was alive, my friend said that you've got a death save kind of effect. I had to wheeze my way out of customs but I made it.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

One of my friends has been playing without using the flea market at all. He's been playing about as long as me and is only a couple levels behind me (I'm 36). Alrhough his hideout is nowhere near as complete as mine.

There have definitely been times when it made things tougher for him but nothing insurmountable.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

The traders don't buy bitcoins anymore right?
I sold a bunch on the flea market today, and I have to wonder, who's buying them?
It doesn't seem like anything they trade for is a net positive.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

ShowTime posted:

You can still sell them to Therapist. She pays like 150k. I imagine people are buying them to trade in for items they can't otherwise piece together. Lower level players without access to some mods might be buying them up to strip or modify to their liking. I did that a couple times when I was low level.

Edit: It's a pretty crushing feeling going into a raid as a scav, finding that someone wasn't able to carry the weapon case from a marked room out and spending the entire raid looking for a backpack big enough to carry it and not finding it. Every scav I checked didn't even have a backpack on them. At most, I found another sling.

Well poo poo, I could have sworn last time I checked the Therapist wasn't buying them, but I just checked again and sure enough... 145k.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

It just installs to a folder called "Tarkov". You can probably just install the launcher on your new machine, then copy that folder from the old one into the new location.

The vast majority of the data is in a folder labeled EscapeFromTarkov_Data.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I’ve been doing moonshine a couple times a day for weeks and only once or twice failed to at least break even. I have yet to hit a jackpot but consistent 300-500k pulls with one or two close to 1m.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

SquirrelGrip posted:

Gen 4, ash-12, 6 moonshines and a weapon case while I slept

No gen4 or weapon case but I got 10 buttcoins so I got that going for me.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Jarf posted:

Wow this is a good channel, thanks for the link.

I made a guide on how to level strength https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c65jo4bgVac

Also this pistol which takes up 4 squares

I'm annoyed that you can't put the big square suppressor on the full-auto Glock, I really wanted to do some Robocop action.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Booty Pageant posted:

i'm p sure if game engines had soundscapes by like 2000 then something must be wrong with my ears if i can't tell apart someone running on concrete above me from full sprinting down a corridor next to me... like is echo even a thing in russia??

Thats why they're upgrading the sound engine.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Until you have access to the flea market, it's important to sell stuff to the right dealers. The prices they offer can be drastically different

- Barter items, medical gear, food etc goes to Therapist
- Clothing, rigs, backpacks and other wearable stuff goes to Ragman
- Weapons, mods and ammo should go to Skier first, and then Mechanic second. Always disassemble your weapons and sell the parts you can to Skier and then the rest to mechanic.

If you just want to make money, interchange/customs/shoreline cache runs are low risk, but they're boring and won't make you any better at shooty mans.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Stux posted:

i also think that "the mosin can maybe let you one tap a sweaty" isnt as useful as "an SKS or AK lets you take multiple shots and win more fights against regular players and scavs"

IMO SKS with PS ammo is the best starter weapon. PS is so cheap has good pen and does plenty of damage. The SKS is semi-auto so it gives you a lot more control than an AK.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

ShowTime posted:

I can do some pretty good point shooting now, but that range was nuts. For a single shot too. Sure, an automatic I can see getting the kill. But the one tap from that range is just nuts. Jealous of people that can aim like that.

Those guys are literally playing shooters as a full time job for years.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Nikita mentioned something in one of the videos about a "comfort system" I assume it will be something like a heat level based on how much armor you're wearing or something else that we'll have to keep track of and slow us down.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

It’s been pretty obvious for awhile that the game BSG wants Tarkov to be is not the game we’re currently playing. A lot of the enjoyment most people are having is a side effect of the game being incomplete and not as difficult/realistic/grueling as the devs want it to be.

Fortunately I’m sure by the time BSG realize their vision some AAA dev will have poo poo out Escape from Call of Battlefield of Honor Special Over-Ops for a more mass market.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

hakimashou posted:

The current supply is all the keys bearing a "found in raid" icon and also all the keys that have been taken into a raid once and dont have the icon anymore.

The future supply will only be the keys bearing a "found in raid" icon and none of the keys that have been taken into a raid once.

I don't know if you know this or not but there are a bunch of early shoreline quests that require different keys to complete, keys with very low spawn rates.

Now and in the past, after a person used the key to complete his quest, he could sell it to someone else who wanted it on the flea market. In the future if they actually go through with this idiocy, none of these keys will be available for sale.

When there are fewer goods available for sale, we say that the "supply" of them has gone down.

You're forgetting all the keys that currently get sold to Therapist because the market is flooded with them and the min price is at are below what she pays.
Except for a few high demand consumable items prices on the Flea are generally very close to the dealer buy prices.
Most likely the price on the flea for most poo poo won't change, as they're artificially buoyed up by vendor floor prices.
I bet even ammo won't go up that much as there won't be a bunch of market barons buying up and relisting cheap sales.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

hakimashou posted:

Key prices are mostly fixed at vendor prices now because its six months into the wipe and there's no particular demand for the quest keys and a months long glut of supply.

Six months into the next wipe it will probably be the same, but who cares? Tarkov is at its most fun early in the wipe and that's what this obnoxious idiocy they've got planned for us will poo poo up.

Also if you think that ammo prices are what they are because of "market barons buying up and relisting cheap sales" I dunno what to tell you.

Maybe I'm missing something, but you seem to be saying that the game is best when people have limited access to weapons and ammo, and that a change that will limit people's access to weapons and ammo is a bad thing.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

hakimashou posted:

Yeah the worst part of this idiocy is that its a 'solution' for some problem that doesnt exist.

Anytime the optimum way to play your game is to not play there is a problem.
Right now the most efficient way to make money is by playing the market, flipping ammo and barters as soon as they refresh on the dealers is a zero risk way to make as much money as you want. Since you can literally buy anything on the flea market, money is the only thing that really matters in this game.

There are many potentially fun systems in this game that are trivialized or outright negated by the flea market in it's current implementation. Why do I need to level up trader rep if I can just buy everything on the Flea, why do I need to make anything other than the 3-5 currently profitable items in my hideout if I can just buy everything else cheaper on the flea market? Why do I need to complete quests to unlock item sales if I can just buy them on the Flea Market? Why do I need to increase my stash size or buy storage boxes when it's significantly cheaper to just sell everything on the flea and buy it back when I need to?

If they're going to have a free-for-all flea market then they should just get rid of dealers and make it completely player driven (Iike Eve), but obviously that's not the way they want to go. You can blame "streamers and reddit", but they were making this clear long before the game became the twitch darling that it currently is.

I for one am looking forward to this change, I believe it will bring back the need to make choice and deal with the consequences of those choices. But maybe I'm wrong and it will be an unmitigated disaster, and in that case I hope they recognize that and make adjustments.The's the nice thing about being in beta, nothing is set in stone and they can make further changes down the road.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

ChesterJT posted:

I'm curious about the steam audio thing. It's at least something for sure. And yes they are adding to maps, customs specifically it looked like, which is also nice.

This guy does a video about Steam Audio, he spends the first half of the video on bullshit but skip to the 7 minute mark and he tries out the demo unity app and shows how it works with direction, occlusion and attenuation of sounds. I think it will be a huge improvement to the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfRx9qeI5b8&t=441s

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

There is an electrical tower on Customs with a stash underneath. One of the first times we got my whole group together to play a game we went to the tower I went in to loot the stash and hit G instead of F to loot it.
I yelled "poo poo poo poo poo poo, run run run" and ran away from the stash.
My two buddies saw me run away from the stash while yelling RUN and their little rat brains immediately determined this means that it's their chance to loot it and dive directly onto the grenade in their greedy lust for cigs and TP.

Got a double kill off that one.

To this day everyone calls that tower Bucnasti Tower.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Jaeger quests should all be achievements that unlock stupid cosmetic items. He should have some regular loving quests so you can level up his rep without wanting to slit your wrists.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

The raiders are not on every map, they were on customs and shoreline but not on interchange or reserve.

But really this is perfect for someone with poo poo gear, every body is overflowing with upgrades. Also Xp for killing raiders is great, I got 12k for 4 kills on shoreline.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

LGD posted:

at low levels (haven't been able to play much) I've been finding myself favoring 7.62 guns just because PS is so inexpensive and workable, and once you have flea market access you can grab a 7.62 VPO for less than a vendor SKS, or an AKMS/AKMSN for ~30k

Yeah I’m all about 7.62 right now. PS is so cheap and pens T4 armor which is the best I’ve seen anyone running so far, if you can find something with a dovetail mount Prapor sells a decent scope at lvl1. Only tough thing before flea is getting 30 round mags. Once you get flea market AK104 and 103 are cheaper than other AKs.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I assumed the brightness at night was due to the moon and it's position in the sky, but maybe I'm giving them too much credit.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

So the cursed and marked thing for hatchlings? I guess that's active, because we were doing woods at night as a group and one guy was going in with just his hatchet. Each time we got swarmed by scavs, we were hiding in the bunkers and scavs kept coming down the stairs directly into our bullets.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I got 8 wires.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Drops seem to be getting better.
Day 1 - 7 Wires, 5 Syringe. 1 factory Key
Day 2 - 1 air filter, 1 pliers, 1 KIBA key
Day 3 - 1 EXFIL helmet 1 Graphics Card

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Speaking of factory, lately my buddies and I have been getting 5 of us and going in with just pistols. Killing scavs and the single solo pmc. It’s crazy fun, low cost and super fast.
Occasionally it leads to slapstick when a geared pmc shows up and wrecks us, but it doesn’t matter since a pistol and ammo costs 20k.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

You can't sell drops on the Flea because they're not FIR, so you're only going to get the Therapist price for it, and unless you get really lucky the flea price will never really go below that.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I usually play with my buddy who's a streamer and uses his stream name as his Tarkov user name.
We regularly have people show up in the stream chat after a firefight and they have 100% been super chill and cool about it, which is mindboggling to me as I expected lots of "GiT GUd nUB" kinda bullshit.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

fennesz posted:

I think of it like gambling. The house still always wins but you can increase your odds of survival in firefights from 30% to 45% if you're running better gear.

Yeah this is correct. Tarkovv is a gambling game, each time you go out with your PMC you are betting your gear against the chance to bring back more/better stuff. The gameplay loop hits the same parts of your brain that traditional gambling games do, it’s why it’s so addictive to a lot of people.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

ShowTime posted:

So drops are definitely not connected. I've gotten 5-6 drops that haven't shown up on my Twitch notifier. I just checked my account before going to bed and found some ammo and a 219 key that didn't show up in my Twitch drops. Maybe they eventually will. For now though, i'd check your Tarkov inventory before your Twitch drops.

There is a delay before you get a twitch notification, but eventually everything I’ve had dropped showed up on my twitch profile.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Lemon posted:

Does it only stop you stacking bags that are the same size? As I was able to put a T-Bag inside an MBSS in a scav run just now.

It only affects the gigantic bags that are bigger on the inside. Unless you regularly find multiple blackjacks during a raid this has almost no effect on you.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

There were a ton of people exclusively playing the market and not actually entering raids during the last wipe. At least one guy in the thread had amassed tens of millions of rubles without ever playing his PMC.
I for one spent the last weeks before the wipe just flipping ammo from the merchants and made ~1M rubles each day. I don't miss that at all, I think the FIR change was one of the best things they could have done for the game. I just think they need to adjust/improve the tasks to work with it a lot better.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

It doesn’t actually matter what you’re doing in quests, what matters is that they promote players to encounter each other on the maps. The various quests that have you pick up doodads and check out rooms in dorms and interchange are good for that, but they need quests like that for all the maps and they need to focus on more areas of each map.

The problem with jaeger quests is that they are tedious, unfun and don’t prompt player interaction AND they gatekeep other important content. They can fill the game with try hard bullshit quests all they want, as long as I’m not required to do them to progress through the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Has there been any indication of when the new patch will be?