Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood
I think Eve Online probably solved for RMT issues the best way, by selling the ingame currency directly themselves, at a price that makes it unprofitable to compete with. I'm not sure if that solution would apply to Tarkov, but it would get BSG additional resources. In-game money doesn't buy the requisite skill to make effective use of it. A full-on juggernaut can still be laid low by a single well-placed Mosin round.

The changes BSG have made to try to combat RMT have an unfortunate side effect of putting limits on the entire playerbase to solve for what is probably less than half a percent of the playerbase. I get that punishing 100% of the population for the sins of the 0.5% isn't a foreign concept to Russians, but in general around the world this is seen as a Bad Approach.

I think if they made the secure container read-only during the raid (you can use items in the secure container but can't put anything inside of it), it would drastically change the profitability of accounts run by RMTers. Meaning higher RMT prices, resulting in fewer RMT purchases, resulting in less RMT suppliers since they'll move off to whatever game they can make better profit/hr on. I think the rest of the changes up to now have been solid attempts at solving this issue, but I think the time spent is time wasted until we get much closer to release. Set the secure to read-only, undo the rest of the changes, if people want to risk losing millions of rubles RMT trading in-raid, let them. Caveat Emptor and all that. I remember a time before the Flea Market when folks used to trade in factory, and more than a few times I wiped out their trading party and skated off into the extract with items cases full of quest items and roubles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU