Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Captain Gordon posted:

Jaeger quests is why I have EOD

EFT monetization really working as intended.

(How do I even loving do the tremor quests? Get drunk in raid? Break my own legs? Who thought this was a good idea)

Have a friend break your arm on factory. Spray at heads until finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Kikas posted:

He was lvl 30-something, and I call him a gear lord because he rocked an airframe with that gen 4 and a fully kitted M4 with two 60 round mags full of m80.

:crossarms:

I call shenanigans.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Jarf posted:

If you poop without toilet paper in your inventory you get 20 seconds of tremors every time you switch between standing and crouching.

Also imagine you're taking a piss when you hear "CYKA BLYAT!" from the next bush over. 20% chance of you giving yourself the "bleeding" debuff if you zip up too quickly.

I can't wait to track goons by smell. It'll be just like real life!

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Put some tape on your monitor and hip fire at anything under 100 yards. Bring your favorite 4x for anything further.

Also class 6 armor owns because you can ignore scavs.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

but really, is there a reason to use the ASVAL over the VSS? what can you do with it that you can't do with a VSS?

IIRC they use different skills. One uses assault rifles and the other uses marksman rifles.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

NaanViolence posted:

It's a poo poo feature and should never come to SA.

Better idea: pay money to probate other users. Pay enough and ban them.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Sell them for money.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

That mechanic quest doesn't unlock anything and the quest line isnt needed for anything. You can skip it. IMO the best one is the ragman quest that unlocks gzhel armor (sales night? I think) Having easy access to cheap class 5 armor is really nice.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

BANNED USER posted:

Pretty sure you're the only person who holds this opinion.

China is effectively banned from American servers due to the ping limit but the cheaters are just using vpns to connect anyway. That's why you see so many people lag skipping all over the place.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Bucnasti posted:

I'm annoyed that you can't put the big square suppressor on the full-auto Glock, I really wanted to do some Robocop action.

The g18c has vents in the barrel and slide to help with recoil which means the suppressor wouldnt do much. Although I think the g17 barrel fits it so the ability to take the recoil penalty and add a suppressor would be nice.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Try using the SV98. It has a weird trigger delay that makes it nearly unusable against moving targets.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I one day hope this games sound system will be as complex and useful as versions of counterstrike from 1999

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I mean I guess the enemy might hurt themselves laughing at you for using a TT. The bullets sure as hell won't hurt them.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

hakimashou posted:

the mosin is a complete piece of poo poo and a chore to use for the garbage quests where you have to

How are you this wrong. Mosin is great. One shotting most players and taking their better guns is the best way to play. And you risk basically nothing since losing the gun and 10-15 rounds of 7n1 is a pittance.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

My dude, even with a thicc case full of fancy AKs, vss, m4s, and the like the Mosin is still my go to for a budget run. Maybe leave the sights on if you're having trouble hitting things.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Deadlyslob does the same hardcore challenge every now and then as well, if you'd prefer a Canadian accent.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Rain is the best. Real good for sneaking up on people and makes it harder for snipers to pick you off from a mile away.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Jarf posted:

I feel like I'm heading towards this mentality. They need to add an offline mode that works the same way. I'd love to play this game without other players.

A coop game with tarkovs gunplay is all I really want from an FPS anymore.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Turns out battleye is trivially easy to bypass. RIP
https://secret.club/2020/07/06/bottleye.html

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

idiotsavant posted:

the only good Tarkov streamer is Krashed and his duos buddies. Evidence: https://youtu.be/f2HRTAL-X-A

OperatorDrewski is fun too. he usually plays with a group and their teamwork and coordination is pretty drat impressive.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

No, don't do that. Because I already do it and don't need the competition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

ComradeBigT posted:

It is interesting to see how much the devs seem to be pushing more use of shotguns though. There have been like 3 different patches with buffs to the spread, so it is neat to see them in a much more viable place.

Have they fixed the insanely high camera recoil the saiga 12 has?