Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pikey
Dec 25, 2004
For whatever reason my scav runs are FAR more successful than my PMC runs. Partly because I don’t know the spawns super well so I tend to get killed or maimed super early in the run and lose my nicer gear I’ve bought to try and survive more PMC runs. Playing as a scav gives you more breathing room from other players to rat around and loot in my opinion.

Also need to explore other maps and I’m thinking customs is just bad luck for me. As so as I get that drat watch I’m not coming back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pikey
Dec 25, 2004

TheTofuShop posted:

New players who are just starting: join the discord. Goons are happy to sherpa you around and show you key loot spots, dangerous areas of the map, etc. Last week we brought in a full kit for someone who was new for a run, we had all 5 of us wearing matching gear. Last night Ix and I guided two new goons through a handful of early quests, and we even had a nice clean interchange run where everyone got some real good loot.

You will learn a lot quicker playing with others, and the game is a lot less terrifying this way. Hell, when you get your leg blacked out, usually at least one of the goons with you has a surgical kit and can drop it for you to patch up before you give it back (or they let you keep it). Also when playing with buddies, they can sometimes kill the dude who killed you, and hide your gear in a bush so you get it back in insurance, or bring it out of raid for your next run.

What’s the info for the discord btw?

Pikey
Dec 25, 2004

Great Beer posted:

OperatorDrewski is fun too. he usually plays with a group and their teamwork and coordination is pretty drat impressive.

Don’t forget FairTX. Dude is super mellow and fun without any of the salt a lot of other streamers tend to have. Not to mention his uploads on YouTube are pretty loving impressive based on an editing standpoint

Pikey
Dec 25, 2004
Is it just me or is the game having way more CTD in the past week or so? Tarkov is triggering enough without having the game crash on you right as you're about make a play and sacrifice a great raid with a pack full of loot :(

Pikey
Dec 25, 2004
From what I can tell the best pure profit loop is green gunpowder from peacekeeper grenades and prapor smoke grenade, then make 7.62 bp rounds at the workbench. Gives you around 120 rounds which consistently sell for around 780 each and it’s about a 2 hour loop