Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Jaeger sells diapers at LL4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

I can make triple that through active meditation and focusing my chi

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Also there absolutely is a way of making money off the game, selling accounts or items

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Ihmemies posted:

Thanks. I will just shoot at everyone unless I have time to evaluate the situation, until I learn better. I went to factory, hesitated and got killed. Rip. I would like to get at least one or two scav runs done, since I have 20k rubles left after upgrading bunker. And realizing I need fuel but I have none..

Factory is a tight quarters hardcore shoot loving everything experience imo, maybe not the best place to start. Try out reserve or interchange stash running or something

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

You missed the most important note

nikita posted:

BEAR that speaks broken English will eventually be in the game.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

I assume there will be a new skill you have to train in order to make the English phrases available.

No it'll just be bound to alt-ctrl-f1 (double tap)

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Hazdoc posted:

having to adjust your aim for wind would probably be awful imo

You know they'd add windage adjustment for sights and everybody would forget about it

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

If you poop or pee in your pants your operator gets embarassed and suffers movement speed penalties when around other pmcs or scavs because he's trying to twitch his hips to prevent them from seeing it

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Also I'm pretty sure I heard him say in the podcast that found in raid is actually "originated in raid", so you can't kill somebody, take their stuff, and flea it - I guess just use it or vendor it

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

ChesterJT posted:

All I'm hearing is that Nikita is the master of redirection.

"What's that? You want me to fix all these bugs that I've had years to fix, and fix the audio, and stop the stuttering and server issues, and prevent hackers from ruining the game? Well what we will do is OH HEY LOOK AT THIS PPSH!"

I mean I actually watched the podcast stream Nikita did and he did mention that
- they're doing some new audio module ("steam audio"? might have misheard) that is apparently really nice
- they do keep fixing stutter bugs it's kind of a whack-a-mole issue
- they do continue doing banwaves and poo poo, like with the wrong unity settings issue that somebody noticed I'm sure there's ways that they could improve things but just "FIX ALL THE HACKERS NOW" isn't really useful feedback. Also Nikita's (correctly) morally against "just banning china"
- they're also doing a bunch of other stuff like map revamps, they're going to change customs more to cut down on the remaining chokepoints

So like it's not that he's not doing that stuff, they're just also doing stuff like adding the ppsh

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Triple A posted:

A second tier of the firing range with a +30% to Combat skills would be nice.

or just a longer firing range, with visible range markers, so you can get better at range estimation

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

If you bind check escapes to o on-press and check time to o on-release then the time lingers

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Or get an backpack and a couple empty metal fuel cans and some buckshot and always wear them into the raid. There’s a sweet spot where you’re heavy enough to train but can still gain stam while moving. Do quests involving killing scavs or going specific places, ideally on bigger maps like shoreline or get a posse and patrol those maps to kill sweatlords. Even if you get killed you still get the strength xp and if you kill someone feel free to just take their poo poo, there’s per-raid diminishing returns on skill gain so if you kill them even like 10 minutes into the raid you’re only sacrificing a couple skill points. Just toss the heavy poo poo if you need to, those empty metal fuel cans are like 6k roubles

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

ShowTime posted:

Does this still work? I thought the only way to level strength now was tossing grenades and melee stuff? I thought that got changed when they wiped str/end. If not, gently caress, i've been playing with low strength for no reason. I know people go into raids now and throw a bunch of grenades and then die, so maybe that's still the fastest way.

Yup it still works it got me to strength 3 after the change. The windows pretty narrow tho - iirc you need to have at least 48.75kg to train and once you hit 50kg you stop regaining stamina while moving, so it’s fiddly, but like I said there’s diminishing returns so if you’re taking a nice ruck in the woods and get in a fight halfway through you don’t lose much

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Definitely quests, vendor levels are going to be crucial with the flea changes. I just started playing during this last wipe so it'll be interesting to run those early quests while actually knowing the maps and the game this time around instead of having to keep a map open in my second monitor all the time

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Yeah once you get the flea market the traders become just kinda useless until you have really high rep and can be the guy arbitraging their items instead of the guy getting arbitraged upon

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

ShowTime posted:

This is my plan too. Traders have everything I want to play with. Not to mention, they are adding more to the traders along with the change. You can still also find everything on the flea market still, it's just gonna be more expensive. As long as you mix in your scav run when it's up, especially on a good map like Reserves, I don't think gear will be a problem. I'm pretty good at being a Remy, so starting out I don't see a problem with getting gear. Mostly gonna have a problem getting quests done I think.

Those of us with a EoD package are gonna get some starting gear too. I usually work through the pistols to start and "save" the good gear for a tough quest. But I bet a squad starting out day 1, hour 1 that rolls with the best gear they are given will have a lot of success. I'd do like Interchange and just loot all the big box stores. Can make a ton of bank off early quest items.

Saying all of that, i've been rolling deep with gear (like everyone else) and it is super fun rocking out with the best items available. I never played with some of the guns i'm playing with now and yea, some of them are every bit as fun as advertised.

For me it's just been full squad reap-irs and doing big patrols on outdoor areas like around shoreline or interchange. You feel like a loving god

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Yeah it'll be interesting. This is my first wipe so I'm still into the idea

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

and now 10 minutes spent in the raid, they changed that too.

Also they simplified jaeger's quests thank god

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Stux posted:

killed another player scav on shoreline and got a FIR flash drive and gas analyzer off them thanks buddy

had a customs run where i killed a pmc who was level 3 and wearing a police ballcap (??) and felt kinda bad and then ran into another guy and killed him who had a gas an and felt REALLY bad (still turned it in though)

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Apparently bsg hosed around and added packet encryption through battleeye today, that rules

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Just had a run in interchange with my buddy where we completely desynced, couldn’t see each other and couldn’t see scabs except some frozen ones, but could interact with the map and open doors for each other. Great way to get that oli logistics manifest and hit Emercom medical lol with only a few strays from random invisible scavs to worry about

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Restart the game and check for updates if you haven't in a while, there was a client update today and it will not inform you about this in any way if the game is already launched and it will mostly (probably?) work fine (probably?) except for things like the game freezing for 30 seconds when you open your inventory. Why is the game like this

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Umbreon posted:

Shoreline, trying to get to whatever the nearest scav camp is at night(while wearing NVGs) to kill scavs with an AKM for a quest.

Shoreline like woods can be extremely asymmetrically lethal especially if you're new because experienced people know where to go to get a sightline across, say, the entire part of the map between radio and road to customs, while new people often get lost in the rolling fields in a way that means they have shorter sightlines of their own. It's really important on shoreline specifically to rapidly orient yourself when you spawn, figure out where you are relative to those places - like radio tower or weather on the right side of the map. Then when you move you should always be thinking about where you are and what your cover and escape options are like relative to those places.

Also even though it's a big map, since a lot of it is open fields the axes of movement are compressed into areas that have cover. You usually have to take those yourself, you don't really have a choice, but it's worth being aware of "i'm coming up on a place where a shitload of people travel and might run into them". Areas like

- the hills by the road on the straightline path between tunnel and gas station
- the hills by the road on the straightline path between the watchtower by ccp fence and gas station
- any of the approaches to resort, particularly the hill down from resort towards swamp
- the ridges that kind of lead between resort and village
- the shoreline road (do not ever take this road unless you want to fight pmcs, particularly Strongly Reconsider crossing the river using it)
- pretty much the entire wall that has road to customs in it
- the wall beside swamp

Especially if you're going in at night, you should also look up the common stash run routes because other people who go in at night are often doing so to hit the stashes, so if you're in some out of the way place but it happens to be on a stash route you might get surprised.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

These last couple pages are packing in new good thread titles like they’re stacked in blackjacks

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

I know what it means but in my head I shall always parse "RMT" as "real mice titties", and it's on purpose, and I'll never stop

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Since they're field mice titties they only spawn in the big coverless areas near scav house and on the right(?) side of the map near factory gate. Also they sleep at night so you have to do it during the day. They must be found in raid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Doodles posted:

Some of the most recent posts have been complaining about how lovely the quest system is.

Buckle up, it's intended to get a lot worse.

Do you hate the Mosin questline from Jager? According to what Klean was saying in his stream today, the intent is to do such a quest series for EVERY weapon type. DVL, SVD, FAL, ASH-12, each of the various AK families... He wasn't sure if pistols and shotties were also going to go that way, but what the hell, if it makes the game even more tedious to get that Kappa container then don't be shocked if it happens. :a2m:

Nikita's probably hoping folks will upgrade their accounts to get the Gamma instead of doing the grind, but I don't think it's too wild a guess that the majority of players will either do without or tell his Nikitaness to go have carnal relations with a rusty wood chipper. :flame:

Honestly call me weird but I think this is fine. A big part of the reason I hated the mosin quests was it was just the mosin, no goddamn variety.

Just keep the beta container where it is, make the gamma or epsilon or whatever the hell it is that comes when you beat punisher still available, it's fine tbh