Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

How about that server downtime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Found my first IR scope and I'm too scared to use it :ohdear:

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

SquirrelGrip posted:

yeah the rep bonus is the beat thing, I still have a bunch of quests to do but I’m only gated by level now on all bar jaeger, and gently caress that guy

Downing a jar of mayonnaise and shooting up propanol whilst laying in a bush for 5 minutes hallucinating from dehydration was certainly a change of pace from the usual gameplay loop.
Jaeger is just a chaotic guy that lives in the woods and likes to use his influence to gently caress with the PMCs that have turned his home into a war zone.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

VulgarandStupid posted:

I can’t wait for in raid pooping!

If you poop without toilet paper in your inventory you get 20 seconds of tremors every time you switch between standing and crouching.

Also imagine you're taking a piss when you hear "CYKA BLYAT!" from the next bush over. 20% chance of you giving yourself the "bleeding" debuff if you zip up too quickly.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Famethrowa posted:

I'd really dig a deathmatch mode. I can't seem to shake my CSGO spray patterns and I don't get enough PVP exposure to drop them.

This would actually be p cool. Maybe some kind of team based assault/defend too.

e: Wave mode with increasingly better armed scavs attacking!

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

So can I still level strength by just taking two big empty jerry cans into a raid? I just want my hideout upgrades :negative:

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

What the hell are Russians putting in their vaseline?

Two blacked out legs? No problem. Just smear a bit of vaseline on them.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

If, like me, you hate other people. This is how to do Factory quests.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ernBWMWtUIk
Not shown: The five previous attempts where I got deaded.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

I manage to break even despite being terrible so that's nice

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

https://twitter.com/WithJimbo/status/1242734308298637313

Don't know what this is from but it owns.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Appears that the scav case no longer works and that items inside containers no longer count towards hideout recipes since the recent patch.

Anybody else?

e:
https://twitter.com/bstategames/status/1242788128131342338

Jarf fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Mar 25, 2020

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Stux posted:

the best tarkov content creator is this youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9z_gMqrepM

Wow this is a good channel, thanks for the link.

I made a guide on how to level strength https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c65jo4bgVac

Also this pistol which takes up 4 squares

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

What's the word on accessing the API for Tarkov? I was thinking of writing a lil' algorithm that would sort my stash for me but if it's gonna get be banned then I won't bother.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Bucnasti posted:

Thats why they're upgrading the sound engine.

Can't wait until I can tell which direction those footsteps are coming from. Game changer. :v:

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

New strategy (to me) for levelling strength
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9O1B4M4pUA
Fill up on throwables
Throw them all
Die
Repeat

16 grenades gets you about 2.3 points towards strength.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

So this new patch causes the game to crash every couple of minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KQ7SEggQ5I
Fun stuff

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Stux posted:

you know how theres a massive global pandemic keeping everyone home and engaging more in indoor hobbies right now? i cant help but think they could be linked

Is this some sort of in-game seasonal event? I can't see anything about it on their twitter.

e: whilst I'm here, I've finally got my level 3 intelligence which comes with that sweet flea market tax break. What is the best stuff to buy and resell at the moment?

Jarf fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Apr 12, 2020

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Ihmemies posted:

Player encounter survivals: 0.

Now my only weapon is a knife and I'm out of money. I have been doing scav runs when they're off CD but it doesn't help when I always die to players.

Game is hard for me. Hopefully I'll learn!

Pro-tip: if you get shot at and you don't die just run the gently caress away. Get behind some cover and GTFO.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Hazdoc posted:

Try not to use this crappy pistol if you can help it, as you only have 8 round mags.

I'm sorry what did you just say?

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Hobnob posted:

Is that the m-cable + 3 marlboros one? I did wonder why the military cable goes for 35k or so.

Anyone have tips on the Jaeger "Kill 10 scavs at >50m range with an iron sight mosin" quest? I can't find a good spot for it, and I either need to get better aim or better eyes because I have had very little luck hitting scavs with it at that range.

Pick off some scavs on Scav Island from a hill on Shoreline.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Got a "rare drop". Vulcan MG night scope...

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

I'm pretty excited for the audio changes in the next patch. So many times I've been sat in a bush listening to somebody get closer to me with no effing idea which direction they are coming from.

Could be a real game changer.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Mesadoram posted:

:stare:

Edit: I am getting back into the game, quick question. Can you buy an adar or is it only for trade? I really enjoy using it, normally my vepr is my go to low level gun but I think the adar might have just taken that spot.

You can get an adar for a rechargable battery at skier level 1 and for about 35k rubles at skier level 2.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Yah, n'thing the flea market thing. I'm looking forward to the scarcity and need to scavenge things.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Fingers crossed the new audio works as intended.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

The new binaural audio is great. You can actually tell which direction things are in. Seems like it makes everything quieter overall so just turn your speakers/headphones up a bit.

You're a trollop.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Is it something you have to enable? I'm currently having issues hearing people even when they're right on top of me, is it easier to hear people with steam sound?

Yeah it's a checkbox under sound then you have to restart the game after enabling.

I'd say it's harder to hear generally because the sound overall is quieter but it's miles better for actually telling which direction and how far away things are.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Someone on reddit pointed out that you can claim this gift again on the tarkov site if you had it previously.

Good stuff in there like a money case and an item container.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

I just got shot in the face and survived. Literally my head had 0 points. I guess my PMC can survive with a scrambled brain.

Is that a bug or am I just lucky?

I also spent about 10 minutes running away from myself cos I left my laser on my pistol on and thought somebody was trying to finish the job when I saw it...

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Managed to rush the watch on Customs first try :coal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsO9E8ru88U

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

rap music posted:

Ctrl and alt click shortcuts to replace your drag and drop

Even though I know this and have known it for a while now I still do it :negative:

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

rap music posted:

i like to run around and loot stuff from boxes or scavs or players and hopefully survive is that ok?

No ur doing it wrong

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Inspector_666 posted:

I prefer the PvE aspect of the game so I welcome hatchet runners on every map when I'm a PMC.

This, whenever I encounter another PMC it's usually a death sentence for me.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Toalpaz posted:

Folks, steam audio is good. The stutter is way down too! I'm happy to see one of my favorite games become so competent and polished in this patch.

:agreed:

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Romes128 posted:

drat I fuckin suck at this game. I just started and my first 3 raids were over in a couple minutes cause I have no map knowledge and have no idea where to go. Any tips for a noob?

I also suck at this game.
Here are some maps https://eftmkg.com/

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Durendal posted:

Played a raid for the first time since last wipe. Died to a guy with a silenced AK sitting in a bush so everything in my gamma is worthless now.

I think I’m done with this game. There is no way I can do what it asks of me anymore. I’m too old, too slow, and the two or three hours I get to myself on weeknights would be a waste of time since you can only make any reasonable headway on successful extracts now.

I feel like I'm heading towards this mentality. They need to add an offline mode that works the same way. I'd love to play this game without other players.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Great Beer posted:

A coop game with tarkovs gunplay is all I really want from an FPS anymore.

Pretty much. The gunplay is what keeps me in, it's so good. I hope the STALKER 2 devs are taking notes.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

InevitableCheese posted:

I think that’s probably the best approach at this point. I’m going to start just playing instead of trying to min max and progress consistently.

Since I’ve unlocked the flea the game has gotten less and less fun. I can either keep doing cheap runs where I avoid everything and try to attack from afar, or try to bring in anything that costs over 30k to immediately lose it.

Somehow Tarkov can simultaneously ruin the desire to play any other game and make me so unbelievably pissed off I don’t even want to play it.

:agreed:

Maybe I was just spitting my dummy out because I died 3 times in a row yesterday. Tarkov is the abusive relationship of video games.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

I love your videos but if I was victim to that bollocks I would be livid! :allears:

Ur a trollop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Mesadoram posted:

What was the mosin advice a few pages ago? Was it to take off the rear sight or something?

I think it was to take the front sight off and put your target in the indentation of the rear sight to reliably make shots of about 150-200m.

That's just from memory though, haven't done it myself.