Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

lmao an entire MLS team may have covid my friend.

A promising strategy to take home the gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Twelve hours later....

*Checks to see if the hub city selections are the same and that he wasn't hallucinating*

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

John Forslund is out as PBP voice of the Canes:

https://twitter.com/WhalersPlates/status/1278507986705625089

Buncha jerks. I hope he ends up on NBC or the CBJ jettison Rimer and bring him to town.

It also sounds like they presumably could go into Gary's Cash Grab without a TV PBP guy because they didn't extend him.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

That's a shame, Forslund was a really underrated announcer and I hope he lands somewhere soon.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CBJSprague24 posted:

Buncha jerks. I hope he ends up on NBC or the CBJ jettison Rimer and bring him to town.

Please refer to them by their non racist acronym, FTBJ.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Cancel the season already. This is a stupid thing to do, even in Canada. It’s ramping up everywhere and I can say from living in greater Vancouver that people have abandoned all pretence of being careful. It won’t be any safer to hold this dumb fake playoffs in Toronto and Edmonton. It’s not safe to do it anywhere

Cancel it and move on. It’s not worth it and it is putting money before lives

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Number19 posted:

I have bad news...

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Number19 posted:

The American dream!

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Habibi posted:

The American dream!

I know :smith:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/1278734107330125830

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Number19 posted:

Cancel the season already. This is a stupid thing to do, even in Canada. It’s ramping up everywhere and I can say from living in greater Vancouver that people have abandoned all pretence of being careful. It won’t be any safer to hold this dumb fake playoffs in Toronto and Edmonton. It’s not safe to do it anywhere

counter point, play it and let me watch it and hopefully ryan kesler gets very sick

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Ryan Kesler is still alive?

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

mennoknight posted:

counter point, play it and let me watch it and hopefully ryan kesler gets very sick

i thought his hips exploded or something and he is on permanent LTIR. last i heard he wasn't expected to ever play again for fear of crippling himself forever

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Ryan Kesler is still alive?

same, but Alex Burrows

e: oh he retired 2 years ago

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Aphrodite posted:

Please refer to them by their non racist acronym, FTBJ.

I considered referring to them as OBJ, but that would be confusing in this state.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Ryan Kesler was technically only ruled out for the entire 2019/20 season but in reality he's off to Robidas Island. He's still owed $13.35m over the next two years and comes with a $6.875m cap hit somehow. No way the Ducks are going to bother paying him. He's a podcast host with Kevin Bieksa now.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/nhlflyers/status/1278742954736320512?s=21

:unsmith:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/inthefade/status/1278753480799371265

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

lol

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

CBJSprague24 posted:

John Forslund is out as PBP voice of the Canes:

https://twitter.com/WhalersPlates/status/1278507986705625089

It also sounds like they presumably could go into Gary's Cash Grab without a TV PBP guy because they didn't extend him.

gently caress

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

grassy gnoll posted:

gently caress

I don't like this development because it throws a wrench in my plan to make Gord Miller the future voice of hockey on NBC. Forslund is basically Emrick's backup at this point so without the Canes deal..... ummm

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
I’m interested to see if there will be a noticeable difference in the no. of penalties being called during the stanley cup helltourney with no fans in the stands screaming at them every time a player gets touched with a stick

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
And will players still know what to do on the powerplay with no fans there telling them to shoot?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The Dirty Burger posted:

I’m interested to see if there will be a noticeable difference in the no. of penalties being called during the stanley cup helltourney with no fans in the stands screaming at them every time a player gets touched with a stick

Yeah they'll plummet from two per game all the way down to 1.9.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Misanthrope posted:

And will players still know what to do on the powerplay with no fans there telling them to shoot?

This is a funny joke until you suffer through a season with the Preds.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

grassy gnoll posted:

This is a funny joke until you suffer through a season with the Preds.

:negative: Holy hell yeah

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
Dan OToole posted on instagram that his 1 month old daughter is missing. 2020 is the worst.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Seems like Forslund is poised for a national spot. Also gotta wonder about Doc Emrick, who will be 74 by the time play resumes. Considering the danger of a travel-heavy job, he'll likely opt for retirement.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Wippersnapper posted:

Dan OToole posted on instagram that his 1 month old daughter is missing. 2020 is the worst.

what the gently caress

i pray to god that poor little baby is alright :( we need a victory for once..

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Seems like Forslund is poised for a national spot. Also gotta wonder about Doc Emrick, who will be 74 by the time play resumes. I can't imagine it's worth the risk for him to travel to games next season.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
https://twitter.com/Travisdhanraj/status/1278878704324825088?s=19

That's good, I hope

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

Wippersnapper posted:

I seriously hope the baby is ok and someone comes to their senses..

How the hell does that happen though?

Stolen from the house? Watched by a loved one who took off with her?

Edit: Guess the mom had the baby and Dan isn't on good terms with the mom? (Maybe)

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.

Krime posted:

I seriously hope the baby is ok and someone comes to their senses..

How the hell does that happen though?

Stolen from the house? Watched by a loved one who took off with her?

Edit: Guess the mom had the baby and Dan isn't on good terms with the mom? (Maybe)

He updated his Instagram a while ago to say it wasn't the mom, but apparently the baby has been found. Whatever happened it's just good that no one lost a 1 month old.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Zodijackylite posted:

Seems like Forslund is poised for a national spot. Also gotta wonder about Doc Emrick, who will be 74 by the time play resumes. I can't imagine it's worth the risk for him to travel to games next season.

The Athletic is wondering if he'll go to Tampa to replace Rick Peckham, who I didn't know was retiring until I was right now years old.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/tsnotoole/status/1278887938663858176

the gently caress is going on

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

drat, Forslund is great and I'd like him to go somewhere that I can hear him call games more often. I guess there's always Rangers South.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He and his wife have split and Dan seems to be having a bit of a breakdown.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

E: didn’t see there was a further page.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
So O'Toole's kid was found safely with his mother.. no charges pending and the investigation is closed.

Estranged from your wife a month after her giving birth seems so strange to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Dan... take the rest of the summer off, bud