Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

fawning deference posted:

Serious question then : who hires Gallant? Montreal?
Some high up team is going to lose their qualifying series and panic fire their coach. I'll say......Pittsburgh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Shinjobi posted:

Should have been Dallas

There's still time! Maybe no one hires him and the bold strategy of not paying hockey in the 2nd period and a quick bunch will get Rick the axe. Subscribe to my blog for other fantasies and fever dreams.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

OldSenileGuy posted:

Some high up team is going to lose their qualifying series and panic fire their coach. I'll say......Pittsburgh

Nah, the Penguins only fire their coach mid-season. And then they win the cup.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I still can't believe a team in 2020 hired Lindy Ruff to be their head coach

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Koopa Kid posted:

I still can't believe a team in 2020 hired Lindy Ruff to be their head coach

With Laviolette and Gallant as alternatives

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I presume Gallant took one look at that tire fire and quoted them highest paid coach in the league

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

tarbrush posted:

I presume Gallant took one look at that tire fire and quoted them highest paid coach in the league

Who, ironically, is also available for hire!

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

No way, he isn't actually french.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

If i'm Gallant i'm looking at the clusterfuck that is the US covid situation and taking the Seattle job if its offered, wont have to coach until 21-'22

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

Mage_Boy posted:

Nah, the Penguins only fire their coach mid-season. And then they win the cup.

Look at this guy who wants to cite precedence in these unprecedented times.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
lol

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

clean ayers act posted:

If i'm Gallant i'm looking at the clusterfuck that is the US covid situation and taking the Seattle job if its offered, wont have to coach until 21-'22

Maybe get roster say from being in on ground floor too

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Maybe actually with the loving cup this time. loving loser.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I can't wait for the breathless "LINDY GIVES HUGHES RUFF RIDE" headlines from the dozens of Devils beat writers.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
So ifwhen the Rangers win the Cup this season, does Lindy get his name on it as one of the coaches for the entire regular season?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

If it's the same as players he's gotta play half the season or a game in the cup final. The team can also petition to have names put on if they didn't make that cut but made a significant contribution or whatever. I assume it's the same as coaches.

E: technically it's 41 games and not half the season so :iiam:

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
They'll put his name on and then XXXXX it out

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
but the devils have a young and talented offensive team for him to coach

at least that's what they tell me

I honestly can't remember anyone on their roster

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Cocaine Bear posted:

If it's the same as players he's gotta play half the season or a game in the cup final. The team can also petition to have names put on if they didn't make that cut but made a significant contribution or whatever. I assume it's the same as coaches.

E: technically it's 41 games and not half the season so :iiam:

Kevin Porter had a season ending injury during his 41st game with the Pens and got on the cup that year. He got on the cup by exact number.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Is Ruff good with young players??

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Is Ruff good with young players??

Lmbo

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
https://youtu.be/w4Oy-J2axLE

I missed the anniversary of the greatest moment in hockey history but here it is for posterity

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

bewbies posted:

I missed the anniversary of the greatest moment in hockey history but here it is for posterity

But the Toronto Maple Leafs losing to a 42 year old Zamboni driver who works for them happened in February? :confused:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

bewbies posted:

I think I fell out of my chair laughing the first time I saw this upon hearing Stone Cold's music hit.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://youtu.be/cp1DMQ-x33k

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I think my favorite part of RTP is not the goofy playoff bubble that has a million ways to pop, but the idea that the circumstances will somehow be different for the new season where they would just roll into 31 teams travelling all over the place in the middle of a continuing (and possibly worsening) pandemic.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

P sure they're just looking for tv deal and season ticket money or some other lovely angle. There's no way the top execs think this will all blow over. Lol, jk, they're likely all chud brained morons.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

MLS' issue of 2 teams getting so overwhelmed with the virus that they cannot participate in the tournament actually fixed their group stage issue of essentially having 2 too many teams. The sports Gods will fix all problems.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Restarting is pretty dumb, and we’re all going to watch it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

10-12 hours of hockey per day. Yup we gonna watch, feel guilty about it, but still keep watching...

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Wonder if the NHL will be inspired by the MLB and also fine players $750,000 for leaving the bubble

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Cocaine Bear posted:

P sure they're just looking for tv deal and season ticket money

Season ticket payments are still due on the 1st of each month!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

NBA players are complaining about the quarantine food down in Orlando...

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The Athletic's interview with Stephen Warshaw, who helped put together the failed "Red Penguins" project in Russia, is well worth your time to read

quote:

I think people here remember it happening but don’t know the specifics and also don’t know how close it came to working exactly like you hoped it would. Was there a moment that you knew that it was over?

When you look at the film, the credits, those are some of the juiciest parts. Did you notice the shot of the contract with the penis and testicles drawn on it? If you want a moment when I knew it was over, when you get a picture of a dick and balls on your contract offer, you know it’s over. And that was Gushin. He faxed it back to me. It was an agreement, without Disney, to go forward but with new rules, and they wanted no parts of it. They couldn’t.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cartoon Man posted:

They expected all the Dole Whip and Endorian Fried Chicken Tip Yip they could eat.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Cartoon Man posted:

still better than Fyre Festival imo.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Gunjin posted:

Restarting is pretty dumb, and we’re all going to watch it.

I'm working from home and you better believe that TV is going to be on in the background all day every day during the idiotic play in and beyond.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
lol at expecting good food in Orlando

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Chad Sexington posted:

lol at expecting good food in Orlando

Pollo Tropical is good as hell and I will fight those who disagree. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Pollo Tropical is good as hell and I will fight those who disagree. :colbert:

Fast food Caribbean chicken is good, sure, but it's also a Miami-based chain, so...?