Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Chad Sexington posted:

The NHL is so stupid.

Like, seriously....I have nothing but monumental confusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

MoaM posted:

Like, seriously....I have nothing but monumental confusion.

and Fox Sports glow pucks.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Spelling Mitsake posted:

I'm pretty curious to see how Stevie does the next few years. He's got a good resume with Tampa, they were lousy when he got there.

Going off the board for Seider seemed weird last year, but sounds like he's shaping up to be a great prospect.

Big difference is he already had a #1 pick when he got there in Stamkos. Detroit doesn't have a #1 center on most teams or #1 d on any team in the league

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
Dylan Larkin seems cool, and you should trade him to the blue jackets for a functional goalie + a josh anderson

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Big Leg posted:

Dylan Larkin seems cool, and you should trade him to the blue jackets for a functional goalie + a josh anderson

Larkin and Eichel will gently caress off from their teams together and form a 1-2 punch somewhere

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I remember when AsInHowe had a big meltdown when the Wings drafted Zadina over Hughes and everyone made fun of him

Turns out he may have been onto something

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Big Leg posted:

Woah, when did Columbus get a second fan?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Big Leg posted:

Meh, we're probably getting Werenski sometime anyway.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Woah, when did Columbus get a second fan?

everyone thought CBJSprague was posting blue jackets news into the void, but i was silently absorbing it the whole time

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I remember when AsInHowe had a big meltdown when the Wings drafted Zadina over Hughes and everyone made fun of him

I was also upset about this but even i didnt think Hughes would be this good this early

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Big Leg posted:

everyone thought CBJSprague was posting blue jackets news into the void, but i was silently absorbing it the whole time

I'm here too. I just don't post.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Hockles posted:

I'm here too. I just don't post.

Boomer The Cannon and Lobsterboyy are also in CBAS. Boomer mostly posts in Racin' threads, though.

So there's 5.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Turns out, I was right about everything I said

As Quinn Hughes wins the Calder this year, Filip Zadina will finish the year with one more goal in Grand Rapids (9) than Detroit (8).

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

AsInHowe posted:

As Quinn Hughes wins the Calder this year, Filip Zadina will finish the year with one more goal in Grand Rapids (9) than Detroit (8).

Hughes also has a higher PPG in the NHL than Zadina has if you combine his AHL and NHL points

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
quinn hughes is a god.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

You Hughes, You Lose, as they say. Except in this case it's "hughesing" (snoozing) on selecting Quinn Hughes at 6th Overall in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lol, worst team of all time picks 4

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

heeheex2 posted:

quinn hughes is a god.

And Jack was adopted.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hughes is amazing, but like all Canucks prospects the team is gonna tell him to bulk up over the summer for some reason. He'll come back 197lbs, lose all of his quickness and pick up a nagging injury that will kill his effectiveness forever.

It's just how it goes.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

Hughes is amazing, but like all Canucks prospects the team is gonna tell him to bulk up over the summer for some reason. He'll come back 197lbs, lose all of his quickness and pick up a nagging injury that will kill his effectiveness forever.

It's just how it goes.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

ThinkTank posted:

It's just how it goes.

Just saw him and his brothers at the park. Everyone seems to be skating for miles on Marsblades to keep in shape.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

clean ayers act posted:

Larkin and Eichel will gently caress off from their teams together and form a 1-2 punch somewhere

Larkin gives me David Booth "big fish in small pond" energy.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Chad Sexington posted:

Larkin gives me David Booth "big fish in small pond" energy.

David Booth was a perfectly good hockey player until he was brutally murdered by Mike Richards.

I'm also surprised that nobody remembers that hit - it was almost as bad as Cooke on Savard.

Well, okay, I wouldn't be surprised if Booth didn't remember the hit.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I need this kind of beef in my life right now don't judge.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I'm sure you can get minor cases of guys getting all the powerplay time in the world and having inflated numbers because of that but Larkin was a P/G player on an awful team last year, he's at least pretty good.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I follow the Blue Jackets because I'm from Ohio originally. I didn't get into hockey until I moved to NC, so the Canes are my #1 team.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
On Jack Hughes
When you expect an under-sized 18 year old on a lovely team with a fired head coach and no veteran core whose star player spaced out until traded, to put up great rookie numbers.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/1277669011686330368

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
New rule, whichever team loses the most players to Covid gets the #1 pick

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

lmao

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

AsInHowe posted:

Amen.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

wide stance posted:

On Jack Hughes
When you expect an under-sized 18 year old on a lovely team with a fired head coach and no veteran core whose star player spaced out until traded, to put up great rookie numbers.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0000502006.html

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

something something loving patrick kane something

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
In general #1 picks go to terrible teams

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I forgot that he nearly led the team in PIM too. What a boss.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

hi NHL shut it the gently caress down now. it's only going to get worse as more players and team staff get together

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This part is good, you idiots. Those guys wouldn't have known they were asymptomatic carriers otherwise and spread it.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

yeah but Crosbys good

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Aphrodite posted:

This part is good, you idiots. Those guys wouldn't have known they were asymptomatic carriers otherwise and spread it.

it's bad because they shouldn't be doing this in the first place and should just stop

they need to shut this farce down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

eXXon posted:

I forgot that he nearly led the team in PIM too. What a boss.

I think that year was the height of "Crosby is a whiner" talk that lasted for his first few years.