Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Hey now, I can see Roenick being dumb enough to actually believe this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticBOS/status/1284225450752057353

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

grack posted:

Hey now, I can see Roenick being dumb enough to actually believe this

Legally, it's his only way to sue. The only way for his firing to be unlawful is for some kind of double standard to be set, because he definitely violated the terms of his contract.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

where's Craigery?! I honestly have no idea who the sens goalie is... uhhh... uhh.... Juuse Saros? but I feel like I would have heard that name before, and I think Rittich is out in the west... maybe its Mrazek or Stalock or Gibson? :shrug:

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Misanthrope posted:

Johnny doesn't need to be slashed not to show up, it just comes naturally during the playoffs.

He’s got as many cups as Iginla right now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ottawa played Anderson, Nilsson, and a guy named Hogberg this year.

They're all below top 26 I guess.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

If all but 4 of the goalies in the league are playing below expectation, maybe that's an unrealistic expectation.

Also, Ben Bishop is probably one of the most under rated players in the league.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
I looked up Carter Hart's stats because of that chart and remembered his hilarious home and road splits

Home: 20-3-2 .943 SV% 1.63 GAA
Road: 4-10-1 .857 SV% 3.81 GAA

Too bad Philly isn't a hub city

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The chart means Tuukka Rask is very good, and the others play on bad teams.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

sedative posted:

I looked up Carter Hart's stats because of that chart and remembered his hilarious home and road splits

Home: 20-3-2 .943 SV% 1.63 GAA
Road: 4-10-1 .857 SV% 3.81 GAA

Too bad Philly isn't a hub city

:stare:

that ain’t right

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

The chart is actually mirrored, why else would the 15 year old who won back to back cups for the pens be just barely be better than all 3 starting goalies of the sens! (though im sure craig is injured)

(this is rheotorical, before someone brings up rule book article x about how many games must be started according to Micah)

Hirez fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jul 18, 2020

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Koopa Kid posted:

:stare:

that aint right

This is good news for 23 teams since all games will be in Road games.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

So have they figured out what they're gonna do about players calling each other slurs and cusses without the crowd noise to cover it up?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

FBS posted:

So have they figured out what they're gonna do about players calling each other slurs and cusses without the crowd noise to cover it up?

Most leagues are putting artificial crowd noise into the broadcasts

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/nhlflyers/status/1284491580301336576?s=21

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Probably snuck out to a bar last night and got the Rona.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

It begins

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
I like how the league said they'd handle announcing when people test positive to protect their privacy and the teams are all like "Oh him? Yeah he, uh, can't play. Yep, can't."

Alizee
Mar 2, 2006

"Heaven"
So what are my best legal or semi legal options for playoff watching. I have Rogers internet but don't want to switch to the ignite bundle since I'll lose my discount rate. I used to just watch with reddit and before that the long gone hockeysteams $50 a year deal lol. Anything like that these days? Or are they doing a game center promotion?

I have two friends that want to split something if that is an option. I see nhl live let's you have 3 going at once, but they don't specify if they all have to be on the same internet connection.

Alizee fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jul 18, 2020

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Get cable or pay way too much for centre ice or NHL.mlb or whatever. The real answer is :filez: because we shouldn't be financially supporting this attempted murder.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

If the games are all on Sportsnet an online subscription without a TV package is $25 a month. But since we don’t know what the actual broadcast situation is yet it’s hard to say, other than the obvious :filez:

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

just get an IPTV box + like $5 subscription that gives you literally everything you want in the world,

Are these poster-signs not nailed to every post in every city like they are here in ? I see them literally everywhere. Maybe it's just :canada: who doesn't give a poo poo, especially since all those directv days and everyone just openly displaying directv dishes on their roofs stealing America's signals.

I remember my dad had like 3 seperate dishes for like DirecTv, DISH, and some other one I can't remember back in the day. When I showed him IPTV a while ago his mind was blown that he had every polish station and like hbo movies in polish etc etc with absolutely no work what so every.

Hirez fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 18, 2020

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
You know,
I still think this is a bad idea, but with the MLS is back tourney not having any positives from within the bubble(i know two teams dropped out as they arrived) and the NBA bubble seeming to avoid positives in Florida of all places, this might actually work.

FBS posted:

Personally I think they should just put it on a 10 second tape delay and have a sound drop button with "jabroni"

clean ayers act fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jul 18, 2020

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Buch left practice, injury or covid who knows?

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

FBS posted:

John Tortorella: I really don't give a poo poo

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Levitate posted:

Buch left practice, injury or covid who knows?

I'd guess injury. Pretty sure if you'd test hot you wouldn't be allowed on the ice.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

clean ayers act posted:

You know,
I still think this is a bad idea, but with the MLS is back tourney not having any positives from within the bubble(i know two teams dropped out as they arrived) and the NBA bubble seeming to avoid positives in Florida of all places, this might actually work.

The good and bad part for all the leagues do in my compressed schedules is that it'll either go flawlessly or be a disaster.

I genuinely think that being in a heavily controlled bubble in Canada is absolutely the safest place for the players, especially the more, er, Floridian of them.

The downside is that one false negative test in the middle of the round Robins for instance, and suddenly you've got four infected teams and that would be terrible. I hope everything goes well.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

Hirez posted:

just get an IPTV box + like $5 subscription that gives you literally everything you want in the world,

Are these poster-signs not nailed to every post in every city like they are here in ? I see them literally everywhere. Maybe it's just :canada: who doesn't give a poo poo, especially since all those directv days and everyone just openly displaying directv dishes on their roofs stealing America's signals.

I remember my dad had like 3 seperate dishes for like DirecTv, DISH, and some other one I can't remember back in the day. When I showed him IPTV a while ago his mind was blown that he had every polish station and like hbo movies in polish etc etc with absolutely no work what so every.

Would a Shield classify as this or should I look for a specific IPTV box?

Feel free to PM

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

NHL Gamecentre is a terrible service and not worth paying for at all, I have a bundled subscription but don't actually use it because it's so unwieldy.

If you watch a lot of games from a windows computer, look on reddit for NHL underscore games, you'll find much better service.

If you're using a TV or some other app enabled thing, I think you just need to be a really Lazy Man.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Also, Ben Bishop is probably one of the most under rated players in the league.

And don't sleep on dubby. He was rocking a 930 through 30 gp with the Stars, uh, defence in front of him.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

too bad about the 'staying healthy long enough for it to matter' part

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yeah, as great and consistent as bishop is you definitely need a quality backup for the home stretch and first chunk of the playoffs.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/penguins/status/1284538702170066945

End this farce before someone gets killed.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

clean ayers act posted:

You know,

Personally I think they should just put it on a 10 second tape delay and have a sound drop button with "jabroni"

The NBA has had a lot of players leave for “family matters” or something. Which is probably code for covid.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

gently caress giving the NHL money for their garbage streaming service. Just find streams on sportsurge.net which is where nhlstreams moved to once reddit cracked down on streams.

e: I should add a few things. I've used quasi-legal streams that simply rebroadcast nhl.tv even when I had a subscription because their lovely authentication wouldn't work or the app would give a nonsensical error and tech support was entirely non-existent. Also, blackouts make nhl.tv useless during the season unless you live outside of your favourite team's broadcast region, and even then if you live in a different team's zone you won't be able to watch those games. During the playoffs, Rogers has all rights in Canada and NBC in the US so it's 100% useless unless you live outside North America or use a VPN.

NHL.tv can apparently stream above 60hz (not sure exactly how high) on some platforms. Inexplicably, when the season ended it worked on chromecast but not in the browser app (wtf?). It was great when it worked but every few minutes it would drop to RealPlayer-level quality.

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jul 19, 2020

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

eXXon posted:

gently caress giving the NHL money for their garbage streaming service. Just find streams on sportsurge.net which is where nhlstreams moved to once reddit cracked down on streams.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's only 3 or 4 bitcoin miners you'll probably be fine.

If we shut down the season every time Crosby got injured there'd be no hockey ever.

Alizee
Mar 2, 2006

"Heaven"

eXXon posted:

My only thought for paying for TV or a streaming sub is with how many games there are during playoffs in the first rounds, I would like a convenient way to switch around games. I'll try to look into the IPTV thing, but if people have specific recommendations about home brewing it or getting someone else to configure it etc. PM me :)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The other poster was just being subtle, but look up Lazy Man. It uses the legit backend and opens them in VLC. No ads or malware or any of that poo poo. Moral quandaries solved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

My only problem with NHL Gamecenter or whatever they call their pay streaming service is the blackout poo poo. Otherwise, it works great for me and I split it with two other people each year so it's also reasonably cheap too. They do not, however, normally carry any playoff games. Not sure what they're gonna do this year; I'd bet on NBC using their million channels and new streaming service to show most of them.