Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I've got tickets for Pens/Rangers next Friday, that gosh dang plague better hold off long enough for me to see it :argh:

it will not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

DJExile posted:

Today's NBCSN theme is "stanley cup clinchers"

2009 Game 7: Pittsburgh Penguins at Detroit Red Wings — NBCSN, 3 p.m.
Thanks for the heads-up on this, something to have on my second monitor while working. :)

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

I watched '09 Game 7 a week ago or so, really entertaining game which the Wings almost completely dominated. MAF and Talbot loving stole that game.
I've thought "honk honk honk, stay in net" at least twice already

The last time I saw this game it was on a tiny portable TV in the kitchen of a hotdog shop, and didn't give much of a poo poo about hockey. Really neat to see it again now that I better understand the sport and gravity of what's happening.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

:siren: Audible gently caress

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Give me a Goalie Goal night, NBCSN

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Spelling Mitsake posted:

It will be 3 devils games
Honestly okay with this, the dude is awesome for that alone

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I miss Phil. :(

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04P_9ddIK04

That's what happens when a fanbase which has waited 14 years for a home playoff win finally gets it. I was there. It did rule. :unsmith:
That's what PNC Park sounded like when the Pirates did Playoff Things a few years ago. It does rule. Glad you got to experience it in person. :unsmith: :respek: :unsmith:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I forgot how much I missed Bettman booing :allears:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

goldrush posted:

I feel like the demographic in SAS probably skews away from liking tiktok videos but Kyle Bukauskas honestly knocks this one out of the park and I'll take any sort of HNIC content right now

https://twitter.com/SNkylebukauskas/status/1258122389445128192?s=19
I feel like an idiot but every single time I see "HNIC" I think of the Prodigy album before realizing "oh, Hockey Night In Canada, of course :doh:"

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

wonderful, another Flyers-Pens series

:suicide:
it's gonna rule, op

only downside is bars (hopefully) won't be (as) packed with people yelling obscenities

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Was Reaves bad in Pgh? I remembered liking him. :smith:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

bewbies posted:

you all should read that article from the athletic on the hawks logo/name from a few weeks ago, it was great

https://theathletic.com/1888307/2020/06/25/is-it-time-for-the-chicago-blackhawks-to-drop-their-native-american-logo/

that one
tl;dr/don't-have-a-subscription?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Flyinglemur posted:

Pittsburgh Riggers. As in rigging the draft. On second thought never mind
:chloe:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

FBS posted:

Wow that's super short notice, lots of ticketholders are gonna be screwed, what the heck NHL?
Lol for a split-second I forgot I was in hell-world and was like "HEY YEAH THEY'VE GOT A- oh"

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

all of their apparel says "release the Kraken", none of it just says Kraken

wonder if there's an issue with trademarks or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Trying to think of more... The Caps' Weagle and Carolina's thirds come to mind. I think the yellow triangle in the Penguins logo is a reference to the city somehow.
Yep, "Golden Triangle" is one of the nicknames for the downtown area what with the bridges and what have you. Had to look that up, good memory.

Edit apparently it harkens back to when the French and English were fighting over it in the 1700s