Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

FBS posted:

MAF has still made some spectacular saves tonight fwiw

Yeah, this is all on the D throwing lovely cross ice passes leading yo odd man rushes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

AsInHowe posted:

Time for a 31-team, NCAA tournament style first round. Everyone in, give everyone some playoff revenue.

30. Red Wings have been eliminated already

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ginette Reno posted:

Yeah I miss it a lot. Even moreso I miss playing it. It's gonna feel good to finally play again at some point but also feel really bad because my conditioning is gonna be shot :v:.

Every league at every level is going to be like that. Gonna be so many injuries as everyone explodes into activity after six months on their butts

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

ThinkTank posted:

Continuing the proud Oilers tradition of choosing to live in a repressive dictatorship over spending another winter in Edmonton.

A choice we'd all make

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Kilza posted:

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1248970601831727105

It's only been 1 month since the last NHL games, what the gently caress.

March was basically a decade

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

DJExile posted:

goons love the "lol throw them all in a huge bracket let chaos reign" idea like it wouldn't be just be 90% curb stomps for the first couple rounds

E: NBC is running the 2010 and 2011 cup finals at 1PM and 2:30PM today.

Yeah, and? The FA Cup is 90% curbstomp, 10% *magic*

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

ThinkTank posted:

They are all businesses that stand to lose a staggering sum of money and the President of the United States is calling them up regularly pestering to reopen. It's a miracle they're even being this cautious.

Yup. I reckon they’ll start some form of abbreviated behind closed doors season/playoffs. Whether they’ll actually finish it before everything goes back to poo poo is another question entirely

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Why do these twats always misspell martial law?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

CBJSprague24 posted:

I thought of buying NHL 20 just to play franchise mode where I could run the roster and the business side of things and let the game sim the results. I know that sort of defeats the purpose, but I don't have time even the half-hour games I was playing before.

Sounds like you want East Side Hockey Manager

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Until I saw that list of goalies I would have assumed Fleury. Dunno how much the narrative of the unexpected VGK first season elevates him above his raw numbers, but it's gotta count for something.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Koopa Kid posted:

There is something unfair about how Bozak just kinda found his way into a miracle Cup team via FA based on his stellar career of “being propped up by way better players”

I had never heard of him before this but I now know that he is my idol

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Eric the Mauve posted:

Jarry will also be Not As Cool Or Good As MAF as far as yinzers are concerned

e: it won't shock me at all if MAF briefly returns to the Penguins to finish his career once Vegas gives up on him

He'll be 37 when his contract with Vegas expires, I can't see him coming back for a million a year back up job even if the Pens wanted him.

Commentator, sure, but player, no

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
The bundesliga managed to come back without overt disaster this weekend, so I don't think it's outrageously ridiculous

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Good point. Asterisk Cup playoffs should only be between teams that have never won before.

Vegas baby!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Again, the Bundesliga is back and has had a handful of positive tests, the EPL is back in full contact training and has had around ten positive tests out of 1500. All were asymptomatic and self isolated. I would expect hockey to be back and the weird playoffs to go broadly fine

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

i am the bird posted:

Went into a rabbit hole looking at games played stats and realized that if Patrick Marleau plays one more season, he'll be the all-time NHL leader in games played.

Also, he's a Penguin. Totally forgot that trade happened.

Mind blown. In as much as I remember his career, I associate him with being hurt.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Eric the Mauve posted:

Remember when Vegas traded for Reaves and everyone figured the Penguins were just calling in a favor for not protecting MAF in the expansion draft?

Turns out, nah, they're just that dumb.

He's been useful and fine, but like, $750k/yr useful. Not that.

Whatever, it's hard to complain rn

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I'm a Vegas fan and the idea nauseates me.

Also Gritty 4eva

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

JawKnee posted:

I completely forgot that vegas fired gallant. Why did they do that

They seemed to think things were getting stale and wanted to fire too early rather than too late.

In fairness de Boer has actually been very good.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

LumpyGumby posted:

Wait, what's going on? I didn't see any announcement or sticky or anything.

Credible allegations of Lowtax committing domestic violence.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
As a fan of both organisational gently caress ups and endless chaos, I must say that this is truly excellent

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

The Dirty Burger posted:

Speaking of Canada, why the hell weren’t both hub cities there in the first place considering how awful the US is handling coronavirus. Vegas being rumored to be one for this long was a joke, that place is gonna be a hotspot again shortly

Denial might as well be the new name for the Colorado river?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Duckman2008 posted:

Premier League soccer has been pretty good if you’re able to warch sports in the morning and early afternoon.

I would say as a harbinger for the NHL, the first two weeks of the PL being back were hot garbage where tons of people got injured, but they seem to have knocked the rust off now.

If this does happen, the play ins and round Robins are going to be an absolute poo poo show at the gently caress factory, but hopefully the actual playoffs will be recognisable hockey.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Cartoon Man posted:

All Native American named teams should change their name.

:emptyquote:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I presume Gallant took one look at that tire fire and quoted them highest paid coach in the league

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Twin Cinema posted:

I had completely forgotten that Lehner got traded to the Knights.

He has apparently been dynamite in scrimmages, so I look forward to him getting the roni :(

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

clean ayers act posted:

You know,
I still think this is a bad idea, but with the MLS is back tourney not having any positives from within the bubble(i know two teams dropped out as they arrived) and the NBA bubble seeming to avoid positives in Florida of all places, this might actually work.

The good and bad part for all the leagues do in my compressed schedules is that it'll either go flawlessly or be a disaster.

I genuinely think that being in a heavily controlled bubble in Canada is absolutely the safest place for the players, especially the more, er, Floridian of them.

The downside is that one false negative test in the middle of the round Robins for instance, and suddenly you've got four infected teams and that would be terrible. I hope everything goes well.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

i am the bird posted:

I'm okay with a 5-second delay if it means we still get on-ice sounds, but I feel like those are also going to be drowned out by the piped in stuff

I am very much looking forward to the goofy fan reaction videos for goals and poo poo, though. That's going to be highly embarrassing and excellent

Yeah, it’ll be a shame to miss out on this kind of thing https://twitter.com/ifrafagoeswego/status/1285263117472149509?s=21

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Flyinglemur posted:

Big Sub base near there.

Hello Seattle
Tridents or
Boomers or
Squids or
Drunken Sailors or just plain
Submarines

Remember that Hartford wanted to name their AHL Team the Seawolfs but there was a minor league baseball team that said no. This is not beyond possibility but that teaser probably would have been a lot more Full Speed Ahead nonsense

Both Boomers and Tridents I like

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
The anchor is legit great.

Overall, A, would expansion franchise again.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Good soup! posted:

me, a hockey fan: hell yeah, Kraken!

me, a flyers fan: eat poo poo, Kraken! :flipoff:

I am looking forward to the Flyers social media team repurposing that video into one where Gritty comes up in the net and dunks a squid overboard

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Does that mean they can't shove the Kraken a pick to take him?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I highly recommend the Dang It's and Leafs Fan Radio from when the Leafs Were Beaten By A 40 Year Old Zamboni Driver Who Works For Them

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
So I didn't get a chance to watch any of the games. Were they as low quality as ten men on the ice suggests?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
That's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Yeah, that wasn't even trying to get low.