Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Saw this guy play on Sunday. He's pretty dang good! Over-age in the WHL is never a great indicator of success, but he looked quite mobile and can move the puck. He probably got signed because he's on the same WHL team Murray was but a good pick up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

triple sulk posted:

coronavirus happening the year the flyers look like serious cup contenders is unfathomably on-brand

The Seattle Metropolitans extend their deepest sympathies.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Finally Mike Hoffman will be able to get away from his toxic girlfriend

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Of course the NHL immediately wants to prevent the best event of the entire season from happening again. Just like John Scott, so too goes Dave Ayers.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Only if Hossa spontaneously recovers from his allergy while Seabrook simultaneously comes down with it

Bad news, Marian Hossa is now on the Arizona Coyotes.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://twitter.com/theahl/status/1266081807683817473?s=21

I was crushed when EK got traded, but it keeps looking better every day. Who the hell thought San Jose was gonna decline so fast

Every year, people were saying "oh the Sharks are too old, they'll crash this year", and it finally came true.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I would've loved a 31 team playoff, personally. 24 is fine since it only means the Sharks miss out of my favorite teams.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Speaking of old classics, can someone please post that gif of Teemu Selanne frowning as Vs cuts to commercial?

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

CocoaNuts posted:

Not quite what you asked for but still great!

Lol that is pretty good. Never seen it before. Thank you.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
On the bright side, the narrative of "no free agent wants to go to the Coyotes because no one wants to live in Arizona" is over!

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

glynnenstein posted:

I hope somebody brings like 7 goaltenders.

Which team will do the needful and pick up David Ayers and Scott Foster?

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Do they want teams to kill each other before the playoffs start? That Preds-Stars exhibition game is gonna have like 10 fights.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
God, Bob Boughner was so atrocious as the Panthers coach, and it pisses me off that he somehow fell into the head coach role with another team I love. Just go away!

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

grack posted:

So... out of the NHL completely?

There's nothing in his track record that makes me think otherwise, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I thought Chyaka made a lot of good moves at the time they were made, but he's proven to think he's far smarter than he is. His drafting has been awful, and his high-impact trades have not turned out well at all. The team is in the playoffs this year not because they traded for Kessel or Hall but because they're riding super-hot goalies. I'm fine with the team moving on from him.