Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
no canadian team has won the cup that I can remember (I was alive but not paying attention to the '94 Habs win), so it's obviously the Golden Goal

of course not, it's the leafs loss to boston in OT duh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Fisky

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

Lehtonen, who was the leading scorer among defencemen in the KHL last year, is heading to the NHL. Apparently Jokerit let him go despite his contract not having an NHL clause. No news which team yet.

Probably because the NHL might vaguely play again while the KHL is stuck with the absolutely ghastly pandemic handling of Russia.

e: I was reading they're tossing doctors out of windows for not cooperating with the cover-up about how bad it really is over there. https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/russia-brown-scary-coronavirus-1.5548593

Arivia fucked around with this message at 14:06 on May 1, 2020

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Duckman2008 posted:

I really hope that the Hossa artifact they choose to enshrine in the hall of fame is his gloves.

his allergy to hockey equipment skin peelings

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

i am the bird posted:

The good news for the 7 loser teams is that the 24 who compete might all be ravaged by the ronies.

1/7 odds at the Cup next July, babyyyy

who wants to tell him the bad news

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Spring Break My Heart posted:

It was cool that 16 teams in the NBA voted to keep the 16 team format. All these NHL teams that just voted for a format that works against them are wussies

honestly I think the 24 game play-ins were an effort to get as many games as possible for broadcast contract reasons, they can at least farm out the play-in rounds to RSNs and make those contracts slightly better

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Zodijackylite posted:

I liked what I saw from Day in the AHL this season, albeit only one game, but I guess I was missing something, as he got sent to the ECHL pretty quickly. Given his personal struggles, I'm glad he got a chance with a first-class organization. I'm guessing he's probably looking at playing in Europe.

More like Sean Dayvery. What were his personal struggles?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Zodijackylite posted:

While he was in juniors, his brother, who was his role model, went to jail for a DUI which killed someone. His mom also had a severe illness. As a result, his training and conditioning fell off. As a result, apparently every team other than the Rangers listed him as "do not draft" due to "character issues." We never heard about any such issues after he was drafted.

I think he was just a huge kid who grew early and was able to compete in juniors early because of that, but didn't make it as a pro.

Good on him for making the best of things. I hope he does well wherever he ends up. :unsmith:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
What's the idea behind Haula and Dumba wearing 55?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

CBJSprague24 posted:

Where did Bill Peters get hired as coach?

Yekaterinburg. They'll get along quite well any which way.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Who cares and why now of all times?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

What the gently caress that feels like literally forever ago

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

MoaM posted:

Like, seriously....I have nothing but monumental confusion.

and Fox Sports glow pucks.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I’m very excited for the less than a month of downtime between the two seasons. Hockey will never loving end.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

FBS posted:

This is pretty optimistic since I give maybe 1 in 10 odds of the Cup actually being awarded this year

sorry, I guess I didn't make the sarcasm obvious

I think the NHL is being loving stupid and hockey needs to take a nice long break so that people don't loving die

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Matt Zerella posted:

Covid is stored in the balls.

oh is that why i'm immune

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

this isn't about old computers so I don't know why they used the lgr hashtag

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

that's a pretty on point outfit for someone that's looking to rape underage girls

uh oh

is my childhood about to be ruined :(

was dougie gilmore not the cool hockey man I watched on tv with my dad

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

When people stop posting and tweeting about Doug Gilmour, I'll stop reminding them he's a rapist.

He was traded from St. Louis after allegations he raped his teenage babysitter.

gently caress okay thanks yep nothing good in hellworld

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

kalensc posted:

If someone's defense against a rape charge is "actually, consensual sex with me is so embarrassing that she went with the less traumatic option: a falsified accusation of rape" then....I don't even know anymore.

And it worked?

gently caress it, if we're gonna guillotine the rich, then we may as well make miniature versions to deal with those sorts of dudes.

Aren’t NHL hockey players already the rich?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Fifty Three posted:

all of their apparel says "release the Kraken", none of it just says Kraken

wonder if there's an issue with trademarks or something

release the kraken is technically a movie quote, getting clearance from the rights-owners might be tough

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

ThinkTank posted:

Please start regularly throwing squid on the ice so that Detroit fans' brains explode from the DISRESPECT

I was about to post this, I'm glad someone beat me to it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

DJExile posted:

GOOD loving MORNING HOCKEY IS BACK :toot:

Feel like that was a bit of sarcasm.

It ends in sarcastic ellipses, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

specifically, this is looking over the highway in between the two hotel/arena blocks being used in Toronto, so anyone (players) going from one to the other will see it