Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Every team takes to the ice at once and whomever has the last skater left alive wins the Cup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Weaponized Autism posted:

What happens to conditional draft picks/trades in a situation like this? A condition for example could involve a player being traded to a team (for a draft pick) that gets to at least a certain round of the playoffs, or let's say that player has to play a certain percentage of games in the playoffs. Well, there won't be a playoffs this year. Do the teams re-assess the trade? Or do they stick with the trade and say "hey technically, you guys didn't make the playoffs therefore the conditional aspect of the trade wasn't met, oh well!"?

It’ll be the latter and will just be a risk you take with conditionals

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

hi NHL shut it the gently caress down now. it's only going to get worse as more players and team staff get together

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Aphrodite posted:

This part is good, you idiots. Those guys wouldn't have known they were asymptomatic carriers otherwise and spread it.

it's bad because they shouldn't be doing this in the first place and should just stop

they need to shut this farce down

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

i'm gonna laugh so hard if this whole thing falls apart because the players want their july 1 bonuses and the owners refuse

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Cancel the season already. This is a stupid thing to do, even in Canada. It’s ramping up everywhere and I can say from living in greater Vancouver that people have abandoned all pretence of being careful. It won’t be any safer to hold this dumb fake playoffs in Toronto and Edmonton. It’s not safe to do it anywhere

Cancel it and move on. It’s not worth it and it is putting money before lives

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Habibi posted:

The American dream!

I know :smith:

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

mennoknight posted:

counter point, play it and let me watch it and hopefully ryan kesler gets very sick

i thought his hips exploded or something and he is on permanent LTIR. last i heard he wasn't expected to ever play again for fear of crippling himself forever

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

for real just shut it down

it's going to get shut down anyways

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Aye Doc posted:

which player do you think is going to die and force the shutdown? gonna have to be someone with a name, nobody will care if Brock McGinn dies of covid

if sami salo were still playing it would 100% be him

they should probably wrap him up in a bubble for safe keeping during this pandemic anyways

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

fisting by many posted:

He also would have caught it from a snake crawling through his air duct and biting him while isolating at home

a bat would fly into his house and bite him, infecting him with a whole new strain called COVID-06

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

tentative dates means they haven't agreed on poo poo and is just theatre providing false hope to fans. they shouldn't say poo poo until they know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

If I were a player I would look at the current rate of infection along with the issues MLB is having getting test results and say gently caress no

I’m not a player though and they will risk their lives and future playing careers for dollars