Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams

the talent deficit posted:

vancouver is gonna miss the playoffs thereby keeping their first round pick but are going to be even worse next year when markstrom, toffoli and tanev all walk

only jim benning could have engineered this

I know the nhl is bush league and coaches and GMs ice terrible players for reasons we could never hope to fathom, but what if the Canucks waived Eriksson? I know that's a lot of salary buried in the minors which is embarrassing and all, but imagine if he refuses to report? It doesn't look like he's trying that hard to begin with, I sincerely doubt he would be interested in playing in Utica. I am wholeheartedly behind any desperate measure to fix the cap issue.

Like does any other team have this bad of an issue with the cap right now? I.e. struggling to make the playoffs, a bunch of useless and aged overpaid 4th liners (at best) with NTCs who are untradeable regardless, and a bunch of desperately needed talent they can't afford to sign, including their no 1 goaltender. And potentially no high draft picks this year. Lmao, what a nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams
I regret watching so little hockey this season. I've been very busy with work and too exhausted to invest in most three hour games. Plus I assumed despite a nice mid-season run that the Canucks would disappoint and not make the playoffs. That said I subscribe to the Athletic so I always got my Armies fix and game info the next day.

Now I'm home, sick as a dog, nothing to do and my job is canceled for the next two weeks. I don't do fantasy hockey or video game hockey so I don't even have a placebo.

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams

Koopa Kid posted:

Hey Toronto Goons if you have anything to say to Tomas Kaberle you can just order some Italian food

https://twitter.com/cbcasithappens/status/1243569810832834560?s=20

"Listen here, you beautiful bitch. I'm about to gently caress you up with some gourmet food"

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams
Have these been posted yet?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/best-vancouver-canucks-team-history-part

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks-best-team-history-part-2

pretty great reads with almost everyone you'd want to hear from contributing

e: a narrative, interview based summary of the Canucks 2011 cup run written by Elliot Friedman

Huggybear fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Apr 23, 2020