Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

fawning deference posted:

Why does everyone say the Flyers are bad? Honestly with their roster and Hart being out for a while it's pretty impressive what their record is

It's a gimmick thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

fawning deference posted:

Didn't Dylan Larkin say the Wings were gonna make a play this year and be better than people think

They're better than I thought.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They haven't played an NHL team since February 15th.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

How was he so bad on the Kings??

He was bad in Montreal too.

Washington has that good pseudoephedrine though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ginette Reno posted:

I'd probably vote for Torts right now assuming Columbus makes it.

They're below .500.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Everyone in the Metro is poo poo it's just that someone has to win inter division games, and they get to play the teams in the Atlantic that aren't Boston or Tampa a lot too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

if he never went to Russia he wouldn't have lasted until 56 in the NHL like he did though, because he wouldn't have been able to chug all of that Mikhail's Secret Stuff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HookShot posted:

This. Especially since THEY ALL SHOULD HAVE BEEN VACCINATED AGAINST THE MUMPS JFC

They were but they never got the re-up because of their age group.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tampa sucked rear end but Rask was worse.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Can’t disagree with a guy who thinks Pat Maroon is a garbage dick.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DJExile posted:

Winnipeg/STL would have 6 goals scored in the whole series.

Winnipeg is a middle of the road GA team this year, because they absolutely suck but Hellebuyck is dragging them up.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MaoistBanker posted:

Samuel Fagemo

...Oh no, that poor kid.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Alright everyone grab a parachute.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That’s just because the dumbass player purposely tried to get sick.

Edit: And now they suspended te season because that dumbass has corona.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 12, 2020

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Athletes are dancing monkeys, not actual human beings. Make their asses play.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's COVID. Corvids are crows.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ThinkTank posted:

I imagine they expect the worst of it will pass by mid May and they'll start back up with the playoffs and/or a play in by June. Maybe a six week condensed playoffs with the first round or two cut to 5 games.

If it lasts longer than that probably just skip awarding a cup this year and treat the current standings as the the threshold for determining trade conditions.

They're wrong because the US is a disaster, but that's the belief yes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

NHL protocol for a canceled playoffs is to specifically mention nobody won on the trophy so that people can't even do that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ThinkTank posted:

Some lawsuit after the lockout means that if the Stanley Cup isn't awarded by the NHL some other organization (I think hockey Canada) can use it as a prize for amateur competition. The NHL said 'fight me' in 2012 when there was a threat of cancelling the season and it was brought up again so that's probably a no go.

Still, there remains an outside chance the Trail Smoke Eaters will be the 2019/20 Stanley Cup Champions.

That lawsuit just said the trustees can choose to award it outside the NHL in case of an NHL season not happening, not that they must.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

glynnenstein posted:

Just let Ovechkin pick the teams that make the playoffs.

This is a good suggestion he's really good at picking out candidates for elimination.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Especially because the NBA's cases are directly attributable to one specific stupid loving rear end in a top hat.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I mean, filming crews do have tons of people in them. How does pushing James Bond by 7 months equate to more money for the film studio?

They're only delaying releases. The movies are complete.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

deoju posted:

What did we do during the lockouts? I've suppressed those memories.

We got really into the Spengler Cup.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wonderllama posted:

Not a huge surprise that vinik is taking care of his “family”. Dude seems genuinely empathetic.

https://twitter.com/JoeSmithTB/status/1238563881980776449?s=20

Still though: eat the rich.

Only part time? Or is that just part of the message?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not completely accurate. A TVA guy posted earlier this afternoon that the Habs have something in the works.

And Jacobs isn't paying TD Garden staff, he took Boston off because of a Gofundme.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They can finish the season in a real country taking proper safety measures, like China.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also, take any information coming from a US government source as a significant underestimate.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

goldrush posted:

https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/1239707146528477184?s=19

When you're even more of a shitbag than Melnyk... that's bad

Not to take away from Jacobs being scum, but this isn’t entirely true. The Sabres and Jets aren’t paying their arena staff either, and a number of teams have nothing real, just statements that they will do something.

Meanwhile people have bills to pay. The league has been shut down for a week and a half now. Don’t give these garbage dicks credit for empty words.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 17, 2020

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

grack posted:

Both the Sabres and Jets have announced plans to pay arena workers, either fully (Jets) or partially (Sabres) funded by ownership.

Sabres are only paying for canceled games, of which there are none.

Jets are paying 3% of their staff that qualify.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

grack posted:

They're not laying off any full-time staff and are paying all part-time and casual employees through the end of the month.

Is that new since that lovely 3% letter? That’s good, that loving team has the richest owner in the league.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I live in the Montreal area so it's easy to still hate the Habs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PC games I think have conditioned everyone to be very comfortable typing with their left hand.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah that’s what the Sabres did. It means they either get paid by working those games at a later date, or if they get canceled.

But that doesn’t help their bills they need to pay right now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think Toronto's got them this time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Uh, the Blues won the last one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You remember all that because you live there, yeah. Everyone remembers Ovechkin loving the Cup and jumping in that fountain though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blues fans have thin blue line bumper stickers and Punisher tattoos.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bewbies posted:

dont make me post the video of the bruins fans in camo sweaters throwing beer on each other and fighting, which happened the same day as a straight pride parade

They beat up Bruins fans, sound like heroes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cop city can’t riot they’d have to put down their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CBJSprague24 posted:

Is this really worse than Bruins fans' reaction to Joel Ward eliminating them a few years ago, though?

Celebrating murderers?

Yeah, a bit.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)