Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/bucksthot/status/1234169984026382346

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Shake Milton is the Sixers' best point guard.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

This Clippers team never shows up for these loving day games it's infuriating

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

straight up brolic posted:

This Clippers team never shows up for these loving day games it's infuriating

The refs showed up for them

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Reggie Jackson has a chance to be one of the most impactful buyout players ever, he's been so loving good

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The Sixers are shooting 64% from 3 and only up 5.

That's probably not sustainable.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Missed the curse button a bit on that "gently caress"

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The Sixers don't play Kyle O'Quinn all year. They get rid of Ennis so they can sign Pelle, then immediately start playing Kyle O'Quinn and never play Pelle.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

oh hell no. harden has been fighting for the rights of underprivileged single mothers for years

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Shake Milton and Furkan Korkmaz are both better than Landry Shamet but Sixers fans will still be complaining about trading Shamet for years.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Sixers/Clips should switch colors imo

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

A Shake Milton is going off on Paul George.... Playoff P arriving early

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

I LOVE REGGIE JACKSON

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Al Horford stinks!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
This could have been close but the refs have been bailing out the Clippers all game long

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

This could have been close but the refs have been bailing out the Clippers all game long
It is close

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

NotWearingPants posted:

Naw

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Shake it off, shake it off

and by it I mean Ben Simmons and just play Shake.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Shake is awesome. Played great. Surprised it was close with road sixers and three starters out.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

I think we’re seeing where a lot of the responsibility for the “road Sixers” lies, effort-wise.

Sixers gave us all we could handle today without 3/4 of their best players (for most of the game).

Sure they shot well, but the Clippers did too and I thought they fought much harder than the Sixers typically do away from home

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Jota posted:

Shake is awesome. Played great. Surprised it was close with road sixers and three starters out.

Yeah Shake really carried them. Clippers almost ran away with it but he never stopped Shakin.

Clippers are becoming a juggernaut. Kawhai with 30 - Peorge, Montrez and Lou with 24 a piece. drat.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
If Simmons can stay injured, and Embiid can come back strong, him and Shake can do some good poo poo.

Also Paul George has been playing fantastic here lately. He will be the difference in the playoffs in games if he continues.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
It's a good sign - PG has been the weak link up until recently. Clippers gonna kill the west.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

straight up brolic posted:

I think we’re seeing where a lot of the responsibility for the “road Sixers” lies, effort-wise.

Sixers gave us all we could handle today without 3/4 of their best players (for most of the game).

Sure they shot well, but the Clippers did too and I thought they fought much harder than the Sixers typically do away from home

They also couldn't play any defense at all and gave up 40 free throws as a result. Shake going supernova for most of the game covered up a lot of issues but that is less spicy.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Kangz have scored exactly one 3pt and a free throw in the first 10 minutes.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

nikosoft posted:

Kangz have scored exactly one 3pt and a free throw in the first 10 minutes.

lol nm this turns out to not be an issue since Pistons are v bad

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

That basket interference call on the nuggets was one of the worst calls I’ve ever seen in my life. I am a raptors fan and take no pleasure in reporting this.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I don’t watch the Nuggets normally. Who’s this Grant fellow? He has some nasty dunks

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Dr.Radical posted:

I don’t watch the Nuggets normally. Who’s this Grant fellow? He has some nasty dunks

He is the most improved player no one is talking about. He was already good in Oklahoma, Denver is very lucky to have him.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

bornbytheriver posted:

He is the most improved player no one is talking about. He was already good in Oklahoma, Denver is very lucky to have him.

Most improved players generally don't go down in nearly every single statistical category

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Starks posted:

That basket interference call on the nuggets was one of the worst calls I’ve ever seen in my life. I am a raptors fan and take no pleasure in reporting this.

I'm assuming it's because it popped up in the air and he was hanging on the rim as it came back down.

Not sure if that's the right call or not but that's gotta be why they called it.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'm assuming it's because it popped up in the air and he was hanging on the rim as it came back down.

Not sure if that's the right call or not but that's gotta be why they called it.

that's what i assumed but then it occurred to me that, despite years of basketball watching, i'm not sure if that's how the rule works

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Cool Buff Man posted:

Most improved players generally don't go down in nearly every single statistical category

Oh poo poo. You are probably right. But that’s because Malone won’t start him!

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
AD is made of glass, right?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

bornbytheriver posted:

Oh poo poo. You are probably right. But that’s because Malone won’t start him!

Not that I don't think he could do better if he got more playing time, you're correct that he was very good in OKC and Denver is lucky to have him. I wish he -did- get more playing time, I love Jerami, Metapod hyped him up for years until I paid attention

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Not that I don't think he could do better if he got more playing time, you're correct that he was very good in OKC and Denver is lucky to have him. I wish he -did- get more playing time, I love Jerami, Metapod hyped him up for years until I paid attention

Jesus Christ free throws are boring

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

thumper57 posted:

Jesus Christ free throws are boring

You are drat right thumper

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Jokic is all right

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

Ah good, out in Matt Thomas with a minute left and the game out of reach. 3pt shooting certainly is more useful now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Dutchy posted:

that's what i assumed but then it occurred to me that, despite years of basketball watching, i'm not sure if that's how the rule works

Yeah, that's how the rule works. If you are touching the rim while the ball is in the air or touching the rim, it is goal tending.