Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

Hell yeah, I don't own a pellet gun though so I'll probably try to do it with a bow.

We should have a second honorable mention for someone getting the best score with the jankiest poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Might I also suggest a target that will scale well for different distances, as we're going to be working with wildly different "ranges" on this one.

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

April thread posted. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3918186

Soliciting feedback.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

ThinkFear posted:

Soliciting feedback.

Separate Pellet/BB into two divisions. Leave pellet at 10 and drop BB to 5. Official BB matches are fired at five yards and they physically can't keep up with pellets at ten.

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

Butch Cassidy posted:

Separate Pellet/BB into two divisions. Leave pellet at 10 and drop BB to 5. Official BB matches are fired at five yards and they physically can't keep up with pellets at ten.

Seemed a lot farther when I was a kid.

Seriously, I'm out of my depth on that kind of thing. Would it be sensible to group BB and airsoft at 5 yards, 100% scale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

100% or half. Some BB guns can chew a ragged one-hole group at 5 meters when stoked with the proper shot so I'd personally vote half.