Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Ah! Well. Nevertheless,

Lone Goat posted:

yes please

Seconding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Waroduce posted:

hello i work for a tech company that provides operational and point of care software to substance abuse facilities (and mental health and behavioral and other stuff) and work with doctors and clinicians all the time and have a massive data set of outcomes that I get to slice and dice a million different ways in our super cool analytics engine and let me tell you

it won't

if you care for me to effort post about this i can.

Yes that would be awesome. I'm not saying Bones is going to magically become a good person after 90 days. DC said it beat a few days ago "Free time is Jon Jones biggest enemy."

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Waroduce posted:

hello i work for a tech company that provides operational and point of care software to substance abuse facilities (and mental health and behavioral and other stuff) and work with doctors and clinicians all the time and have a massive data set of outcomes that I get to slice and dice a million different ways in our super cool analytics engine and let me tell you

it won't

if you care for me to effort post about this i can.

I also used to work in a "behavior/mental health" facility for youth. I once saw a statistic of a recidivism rates for the previous group of kids before I started and it was 95%. Have tons of stories from there. And can confirm that these places don't work if not they make things way worse.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
If Jones finally wants to change he will change. I'm in recovery and I also worked in a rehab for a while. That's honestly all there really is too it.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Dangersim posted:

If Jones finally wants to change he will change. I'm in recovery and I also worked in a rehab for a while. That's honestly all there really is too it.

Dangersim posted:

If Jones finally wants to change
:eng101:

I'm in no way speaking about your experiences kicking addiction, but I think Jones has some negative influences and possibly negative personality traits that make this very unlikely.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
This would have been his third DWI but he successfully ran and hid for long enough after the second one that it wasn't one of the charges. Even here you wonder if he would have been caught if not for firing the gun which drew the cop over to investigate.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Dangersim posted:

Why would he want to change? He's having fun and there have been zero consequences for him.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/AngieOverkill/status/1245111094554718208

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Memento posted:

Why would he want to change? He's having fun and there have been zero consequences for him.

Sounds like the dudes just an rear end in a top hat who loves to party.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Conor is fighting Tony at 249.

Edit: Maybe I got taken by April Fool's

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Apr 1, 2020

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

remember when khabib vs ferguson got cancelled on april fools day lol

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I'm not sure if any of the top 155 guys can make the weight with this amount of notice, now that I think about it.

Conor probably can't either.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

SalTheBard posted:

Conor is fighting Tony at 249.

Edit: Maybe I got taken by April Fool's

I dont think anyone is gonna fight anyone at UFC 249 or any other kind of UFC until this pandemic is over, no matter what Dana White declares from a quarantine bunker.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Yeah today already sucks (fool's day).
Mix it with pandemic and it's just gonna be a big ole stinker of a day.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Jon Jones would be a garbage person sober. Some people are just garbage people. Rich famous people don't have consequences. He still gets to be rich and famous. Nothing's going to change

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

handsome only face posted:

remember when khabib vs ferguson got cancelled on april fools day lol

Oh right lol I forgot that all of that poo poo happened on April 1 when I wrote up my bit for the decade end. Jesus it just keeps going.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Lmao, John Morgan's on Submission Radio spouting some stupid poo poo about Jon Jones being out trying to minister to the homeless on the night he was arrested.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Take these 9mm shell casings, for they are my body. And take this El Recuerdo, for it is my blood, which I have spilled for you.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Bluedeanie posted:

Take these 9mm shell casings, for they are my body. And take this El Recuerdo, for it is my blood, which I have spilled for you.

lmao

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Bluedeanie posted:

good thread this month

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

Fantastic

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Bluedeanie posted:

We need a new thread, and a new thread title...

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

lol

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

We need a new thread, and a new thread title...
It has to be butterfly / tree.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bluedeanie posted:

Goddamn :lol:

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Shumagorath posted:

It has to be butterfly / tree.

Oooh, yes. Good point. That's a spectacular one.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

can we just goldmine this one. this will be the best thread we get all year

BaconPirate
Dec 11, 2019
https://twitter.com/BloodyElbow/status/1245471024281501696?s=19

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

quote:

Staying home in quarantine and reading the reaction of people to the situation around my fight, it turns out that the whole world should be in quarantine, governments of all countries, famous people around the world urge people to follow all safety requirements in order to limit the spread of the disease, to save people, and Khabib is the only one relieved of all obligations and must demonstrate free will and train flying around the world, for the sake of fight? - I understand everything and I’m definitely upset more than you to cancel the fight, probably like all others, I had many plans after the fight, but I can’t control it all.
The greatest countries and the largest companies of our time are shocked by what is happening, every day the situation changes unpredictably.
But Khabib still has to fight, is that what you saying? - Take care of yourself and put yourself in my shoes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-cwOyOqml3/?igshid=un3r04fptslx

Not happening

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Bluedeanie posted:

lmao

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Nierbo posted:

He's only beloved by commentators because they used to watch him on YouTube many years ago. He never really had mainstream success and even his win against Seth petruzelli is mired in controversy.

He lost to seth petruzelli. It was really funny. Seth was a late replacement for someone, possibly one of the Shamrocks, and Kimbo trips over and gets TKOd five seconds in. Amazingly, if he had won, Seth 'literally never won in the UFC' Petruzelli would probably have been his most legit win.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Didn't Rampage pick Kimbo first overall, as well? I can't recall.

Roy was definitely the front runner, though. He used to be one of the best in the world. Then he fell in love with KOs and gave up on actually being a good fighter.

There's great exchange between Roy and Dana. "When are you going to start taking me seriously?" "When are you?"

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Snowman_McK posted:

He lost to seth petruzelli. It was really funny. Seth was a late replacement for someone, possibly one of the Shamrocks, and Kimbo trips over and gets TKOd five seconds in. Amazingly, if he had won, Seth 'literally never won in the UFC' Petruzelli would probably have been his most legit win.
It was Ken Shamrock (though Frank was in the commentary booth and offered to step in), and the rumour at the time was that he asked for more money and cut himself in a "slip and fall" when they turned him down.

Also there's this:

quote:

On October 4, 2008, prominent EliteXC fighter Kimbo Slice lost via early knockout to late replacement fighter Seth Petruzelli. The unexpected outcome of this fight drew a great deal of attention, and subsequent comments by Petruzelli that he was offered a monetary bonus to employ certain techniques during the fight (comments he later recanted and obfuscated), raised the question of undue influence by EliteXC representatives in fights. Significant debt incurred by parent company Pro Elite with no investors or buyers showing interest[8] caused the subsequent cancellation of the November 8, 2008 event. Combined with the Florida State Athletic Commission launching an investigation into the Slice/Petruzelli fight, Pro Elite announced on October 20, 2008 that they would cease operations.

This went down in front of nearly 4.6 million viewers on CBS and I can't recall anyone putting MMA on network TV until "Sometimes These Things Happen In MMA".

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I just found this on my desktop

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Calling it now we'll get Khabib v Ferguson when George Martin releases his next book. (never)

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Destro posted:

Calling it now we'll get Khabib v Ferguson when George Martin releases his next book. (never)

I thought you were talkin about Leonard Martin for some hosed up reason and I was like, uh pretty sure he comes out with one every year dude

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Ah poo poo I got the petruzelli and the James Thompson fight mixed up.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/BrMassami/status/1245582434688622593

Really? I mean, really really?

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
No fights sucks but in the grand scheme of things trying to keep them going is some stupid poo poo imo

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Maybe she's just fleeing Brazil cuz Bolsonaro is determined to gently caress this situation up as badly as humanly possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Maybe she's just fleeing Brazil cuz Bolsonaro is determined to gently caress this situation up as badly as humanly possible?

Organized crime response in Brazil has been better and more organized than most US governmental response, though. Going from Brazil to the USA is like leaving the frying pan for the fire.