Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

shy boy from chess club posted:

Started reaching out to people on my dating app, lets see how this goes :unsmith:

Be prepared to be dicked around and let down a lot, just try not to let it get to you and don't take it too seriously!

ilkhan posted:

Love my Ninja. Love seeing my son grow up with a father more, so the bike is going within the next 10 weeks. I may grab a 600 for track only in a couple years, but that's a couple years off.

Got to ride 'er for half hour on Friday, snow Saturday night. Stupid weather.

I've been racing for like 12ish years now, although I've been on a bit of a hiatus because life is garbage. Track riding is miles miles miles miles better than anything you can do on the street. I RARELY ride on the street and it generally makes me uncomfortable to do so, but going 100% all out on the track on a motorcycle is pretty much the coolest most liberating thing ever. One of my favorite feelings I'll probably ever have is running a CBR600RR flat out around the high banks of Daytona :coolfish:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I've always thought it would be really cool to have an actual espresso machine except that they're expensive as gently caress. I have a Mr. Coffee thing that's like $160, my sister won it in a raffle at work and gave it to my mom, and my mom didn't want it so she gave it to me. I used it a few times and it makes decent espresso/lattes/cappuccinos if you use it right but that shits too much work in the morning so it just takes up space on my counter and collects dust :v:

Tomarse posted:

When you are selling a car, If someone asks you via phone or email for an outright "how low will you go?" figure I'm normal in thinking 'gently caress this guy' right?

I got into an argument with a friend of a friend a while back because a bunch of my friends were hunting for dirtbikes on craigslist, and he said "Just message them what their lowest dollar is" and I said gently caress that, when people send me that I just ignore them because they're already wasting my time, and his response was "Well I want to see if I can afford it before I spend my time going out and looking for it." Well, ya can't, so stop bothering them.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Rhyno posted:

The guy who bought the Lightning texted me "there's a problem with the truck" but I never responded. Later found out he'd totaled it but I don't know if it was the same day.

I sold my old E36 to some guy for $600 or some poo poo cheap like that, because it developed a ton of issues relatively quickly and I just didn't want to deal with it. Namely it wouldn't start on its own, but you COULD bump start it and it would go, and also it had some kind of power issue where you would be driving at a steady speed/accelerator input and then all of the sudden it would stutter and buck like crazy UNLESS you pressed the accelerator all the way down? So I would just full throttle/no throttle/repeat to maintain a safe speed when that would happen until it would "clear" itself out.

I was pretty up-front about it and in my ad suggested that the buyer have it towed home. This guy basically looked at it for two minutes, said "Yeah I'll take it, lemme just head into town for a few hours and I'll come back with the money." I asked where he was from and it ended up being a city like nearly 2 hours away by freeway, and I asked if he was going to get a truck and trailer or something and he said he was just gonna drive it back. I was like "Uhh, you should REALLY not try driving this two hours, on the freeway, after dark. I'd get a tow or trailer."

Of course he didn't, and when my phone started blowing up like 15 minutes after he left, I ignored every single one of his calls :shrug:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

It was my parent's house lol. That was years ago now though.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Yikes, hopefully not!

Although I did used to live in the town he drove back to, and I know he made it back there eventually, because my ex texted me out of the blue asking me if I was in town because she saw my car :laugh:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I think I've told this here before, but one time my friend bought a Volvo 240 winter beater (that was actually really loving nice for the most part) and the engine seized completely solid on the way home. Called the guy, the guy felt bad, called a tow truck to get it and gave my friend 100% of his money back!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I'm mostly worried about it because my fiance is on chemo. Sure, it's not gonna kill me, but I worry about bringing it home and loving her up. Granted, I don't think she's super immuno-compromised because I just spend the last two weeks pretty sick and she hasn't caught a whiff of it, so maybe I'm making myself panic which is par for the course!

I went to the grocery store late last week and no one has ravaged it as of yet. So I'm topped up on TP and toilet paper (not hoarding!) and we have a few bottles of sanitizer from when we bought a bunch when she was first diagnosed last year. I'll have to stop in this weekend and see if people have panicked and destroyed it yet.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Lol I gave three weeks notice and my replacement isn't starting until the week I'm gone.

Come the 23rd there won't be a soul in this building that knows how to run payroll. I'm sure that will end well.

Just gonna go ahead and make sure I pay out my remaining vacation myself before I go:ninja:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Geoj posted:

Yeah, something will be done for him. Everyone else will have to continue to fend for themselves. The plan continues to be "don't get sick, if you do get sick die quickly and preferably out of view."

Do you have a form letter to the effect of "I will agree to wok as a consultant at a rate of $120/hour, minimum billing of four hours" for when they inevitably email or call you asking if you can answer a few quick questions do your previous job for free until your replacement gets up to speed typed up?

No because I can guarantee I'd have to hire an attorney or some poo poo to get them to actually pay me after the fact. After 5:00PM on the 20th I will be completely cutting off all contact with anyone working for this store and company.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

slidebite posted:

He might be a disgusting human being and it's not a hoax, but the flu does kill literally hundreds of thousands of people a year and hardly anyone gives a poo poo, let alone stockpiles supplies like a walking dead scenario is about to begin. Most (?) people aren't even bothered to get a flu shot, but go utterly bonkers over this. It's pretty similar precautions and consequences, for this as the seasonal flu. Of course, anyone that wants to spread the flu is a terrible piece of garbage human being.

Yeah but the difference is we have vaccines and medicine that can drastically reduce flu symptoms and infection rates, we don't really have poo poo for COVID yet.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

We literally have to have a conversation with like two people a year about their body odor. I remember like two years ago two of our service advisers smelled so bad that you could smell the funk emanating from their work area down the hallway, and they were literally getting poor customer reviews which effects their monthly bonus amount. Like, you're costing yourself money by being a literal child and not bathing for days on end.

Also I walked past one of the creepy newer guys in the stairwell yesterday who works in a small dungeon office with all women and he stank like poo poo. So he'll probably be the next one to be told to take a loving shower.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Elviscat posted:

Ban on gatherings larger than 250 people in several counties in Washington now.

According to my co-workers this is some sort of liberal plot to....???...?

Go check out the chat thread in TFF, they're linking a bunch of Twitter threads about all of the right wing conspiracy theorists and talking heads like Alex Jones, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh all talking about how it's all just a scam by the liberals and the deep state, etc.

E: For clarification, TFF is pointing out how horribly stupid those people are being, not agreeing with them.

Beverly Cleavage posted:

UVM just announced today that they're shifting to remote/online classes after spring break (this week).

I know some schools in boston are already doing the same as well.

Wisconsin only has two confirmed cases, which were from like last week or something and the number hasn't risen yet, but apparently UW Madison, UW Milwaukee, and UW Green Bay have been or will be shutting down/evacuating dorms and going to online courses.

Literally like fifteen minutes ago I walked around a corner into a cloud of lemon Lysol that was being sprayed blindly into the air by our GM. That's not really how that works, but thanks for getting it in my face!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I too am confused about this, like just how much do people poo poo? Shops usually have plenty of stock for everyone who shops there, I've literally never seen anything other than full stock of toilet paper in any supermarket I've ever been in before this week.

Are these people intending to eat it or something? Do they have bowel problems? Are they making nests like hamsters do??

I've just been trying to find a God drat bottle of hand sanitizer to use between hand washing. Like four stores over the last week and nothing. I just want one bottle!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Applebees Appetizer posted:

It was easier to get ammo for my guns than it is to get toilet paper :v:

I mean, you just have to think of it like when Obama was president. Buying ammo was virtually impossible, at least around here it was.

Just got off the phone with my new employer, they asked if I would be willing to push my start date back by at least a week, maybe two at most. So this guys doing NOTHING next week, and it will be glorious.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Holy gently caress, and I thought property taxes creeping past $4k a year here was outrageous.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Tomorrow's my last day here, and people just...keep dropping stuff on my desk.

I'm too busy trying to throw together a training packet for my poor replacement who won't even receive any training from me, so... I'm not going to do any of it...go away please.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Well I chose a great time to quit my job and start a new one. Was supposed to start this past Monday, but they called and asked if I could delay a week or two, which I happily pushed back to this upcoming Monday. I called yesterday and asked if they were cool pushing it back another week to April 6th and they happily obliged, so that's nice.

Been doing a pretty good job of isolating and distancing etc., but last night I made the mistake of attempting to pick up a carry out order. I called in an order for a local restaurant that stayed open solely for take-out orders and waited until the last minute to pick it up based on their estimated time frame so I could pay and get out ASAP. Well, they had about five employees standing around with one answering phone orders and the other slowly fumbling through taking people's orders. Three other people standing around trying to figure out what to do as well over 10 people began to pack into the waiting area, that could have been cashiering phone orders ready for pick up. When another customer walked in and stood basically shoulder to shoulder with me, I retreated to a corner where no one was. As more people filled in and the person taking orders took another five minutes to take one person's order, I said gently caress this and walked out. I don't even know if they even made my order, they never called to tell me it was ready after I left. Ordered a pizza and paid online, and they left it on my doorstep, no contact necessary.

The above situation, and the two times I've been to the grocery store really prove how little some people give a poo poo. Our grocery store has lines taped on the floor in the checkout area approximately six feet apart for waiting in line. Both times I've been to pick up food and other staples, everyone in front of me including myself have adhered to the distance requirements, and both times the person immediately behind me came right up to me. The first time I went since this started some old lady literally pushed her cart next to me and stood next to me in line (who the gently caress even does that in a NORMAL situation, let alone a situation where a highly infectious virus is going around) and the second time I was checking out and the woman behind me practically rushed up next to me at the register. Again, who the gently caress stands next to someone when they're checking out at the grocery store, loving stay behind your cart in line.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Several friends and I used an app called Houseparty last night, it's just a video chat app with a couple games built in. Otherwise you could just use Skype, FaceTime, Google Hangouts, Discord, etc. to video chat and play a game that way if both couples have the same board game, a deck of cards, dice, or whatever else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

slidebite posted:

Had a dream last night that Covid was literally a zombie virus and in my dream I was covering an exit so people could leave the room we were in and waited for the nasty zombie to get close enough to me to deliver a side kick to it.

Ended up kicking Mrs. Slidebite right out of bed :(

Sorry, that poo poo is hilarious.

Reminds me of when I was a kid and went up with my friend and his family to their tiny little cabin up north in the woods. Had to share a small loft sleeping area with my friend and was wondering why I kept waking up with sore body parts until I realized he was punching and kicking every night in his sleep :v: