Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
I don't remember where I found it, but this quote sums up HR pretty good IMO.

quote:

HR is a weird beast. As a concept as a whole it's a function which recruits really nice, personnable people and then puts them in the bottom management position that's responsible for inflicting the most dehumanizing parts of working under modern capitalism. The regular HR drones sincerely think that they're helping the workers. They're basically kapos who upper management has convinced, "no these are actually showers;" "no everyone is crying because they're very happy to be here."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MrOnBicycle posted:

Our property market is super inflated in Sweden, but I doubt COVID-19 will do much to it anyway...

I've been waiting for the bubble to burst for 20 years. Any day now. (I'm not deluded enough to think it never will, it's just that through two major recessions the Swedish housing market still hasn't had any meaningful drop in 20 years, it's all very WTF.)

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Darchangel posted:

God help me, I want this disease to absolutely rape all the rich old fucks in positions of power who have been abusing us for decades.

Well...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/11/disease-dodging-worried-wealthy-jet-off-to-disaster-bunkers

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/13/coronavirus-lifestyles-of-the-rich-and-famous-how-the-1-are-coping

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm sitting on 2k 9mm and about 15k .22LR, but since I've sold my guns they're not much use. It's all at a friends house anyway since you aren't allowed to possess ammo if you don't own a corresponding gun in Sweden.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Once it's pointed out it's so obvious that the US has a really complex and lovely system for filing taxes because that makes people more hostile to taxes.

Took me all of 9 minutes yesterday to file my taxes for 2019.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
We're only down 6% YoY, and since our India and US units shut down this week I shouldn't have to worry about employment anyway...

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

rdb posted:

This area overwhelmingly voted for that orange turd and allowed Pence, a conservative talk show host, a chance to rise to power. Now, we are left behind. Our governor, Eric Holcomb is a spineless turd afraid to advocate for anyone in this state. He was hand picked by Pence. Our two senators, one was elected on Jingoism and (R) next to his name, the other is a shady businessman. Both have proven to be absolute jokes. Even my house representative, a supposed doctor - Larry Bucshon, has been silent. A complete letdown, not advocating for anyone.

Don't worry, Young, Braun and Holcomb will get reelected. Abortions, guns and gays are more important than competence.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bolind posted:

Update: he’s actually 83 and guess who’s wife was just picked up in an ambulance by two dudes in full PPE...

Gotta admit, with what you said earlier about him talking to *your* wife I read this as even more of a lovely situation.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

NoWake posted:

same, but the other way around

You want Mitch McConnell's front porch dumped onto your corpse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Are we just using the core rulebook or the dreamers compendium? I need to KNOW how much ruleslawyering I can do.