Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
gently caress it

I hope every old rich rear end in a top hat catches this poo poo and destroys them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I said rear end in a top hat

Bill's a pretty chill dude these days.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Geoj posted:

Seems like there's an unnecessary step in there somewhere - what's the point in hoarding all of that wealth if you're just going to give it away to charities that help the people hoarding said wealth hurt in the first place?

I think he was a kind of lovely person back in the day. I think he had a change of heart is all.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Katie Porter is a goddamned legend.

Dad thinks he has it. He's old and has a heart condition. I'm off to panic now

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Whew. Dad's Doctors have updated him with he MIGHT have been exposed but it's unlikely. The person with it is not confirmed, they only think they have it.

Unrelated but I've started becoming more familiar with Harry Potter so I've started making stupid HP references whenever I talk to my wife and she hates it and it's hilarious how irritated she gets now that I understand her fandom.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dad has not been tested and the scenario is the person who they had initially confirmed to have it only thinks they have it via exposure to someone else they think has it. Yesterday it was "he came into the ER claiming he'd been tested elsewhere and came home to be treated near his family."

So dad is okay for the moment. My nerves were a little frayed there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My wife and I were both out and made stops at Costco so we both picked up TP before the craze went wild. So we have a lot. I'm gonna make a grocery run at midnight to hopefully avoid the idiots, I need some goddamned tuna.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A guy in my C&C group posted about getting stopped for running a stoplight. He claims he started fake coughing before the officer got to the window and the cop saw him hacking and turned around and left.

While I don't believe it actually happened it did make me think that police will be less likely to interact with the public for fear of infection. So we're either going to see a lot of people get away with poo poo or a lot more people getting shot/tazed with no warning.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I take no responsibility"

That's the end of his Presidency.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Beach Bum posted:

Context? I'm at a racetrack but I do love some good Donaldisms.

Edit: also, you know better than that, if "grab em by the pussy" isn't good enough...

He held a press conference and took the time to blame everyone else, even Obama!

And his previous statements haven't gotten scores of Americans killed. Which is totally going to happen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Beach Bum posted:

Another one? I heard the one last night with all the CEOs where Pence was practically fellating him, hell I almost gagged myself...

This lays it out better than I can

https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/607969/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
:(

I just sold my MS6.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It was time!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was very upfront about the car and any issues it had. He was smitten once the turbo spooled. He didn't lowball me but offered a couple hundred below my asking price but it was still well above my bottom dollar so I made him promise to take care of it and we fist bumped on the deal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Charles posted:

The only Proteges I've seen in recent years are really old people in my neighborhood who have basically stopped driving. Well, I still see a 3rd gen every once in a while. My neighbor had a mint '92 LX but it was an auto and I don't have a place to put it.

There's somehow a rust free MP5 rolling around town and I still love those little wagons. I'm always tempted to flag him down or follow him and leave a note offering to buy it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

H&K's aren't really known for rust. You should buy it either way, might come in useful these days.

:D

We're going gun shopping tomorrow.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nm posted:

You gotta be a really really good aim to hit coronaviruses.

I'm just being prepared for that rare mutation that turns people into super strong flesh eaters.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey if I catch this poo poo we need to organize a gofundme to get me the money so I can get to Mitch McConnel and infect him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Looks like a fuckload of churches are still holding service today.

Nothing of value will be lost I guess.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Same: if we shut down I'll probably get every square foot of my yard cleared.

Edit: Welp. I have to go outside. Been nice knowing you all.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Mar 15, 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, anyone in the service industry is turbo hosed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I bet if you wrap one of them IT WORKS wraps around your head you'd be immune.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's a FB post circulating claiming gargling salt water kills the virus.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So this is what martial law looks like.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KillHour posted:

I can't! Touching my face is amazing and I can't stop!

JUST TOUCH YOUR DICK LIKE A NORMAL GOON

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

It amazing to me how many people can’t even boil loving water. I can’t imagine having to live on microwave dinners and chips, I wonder how many people in this country live on an entirely processed food diet.

Processed poo poo is cheap and easy to make. Actual healthy food takes time and effort.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dad's pretty shaken up, being told he had it and then not and now he's pretty scared by his risk group. So I'm going over to do some shopping for him tomorrow, hopefully I can find what he needs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have many friends employed at the local GM Plant and the current word is that management has said that there is no plan to shut down at any point, even if there is a lock down/quarantine.

Which is on brand for GM.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm not a doomsday prepper but I cleaned out the chest freezer and plugged it back in. Any time I'm out I'm going to buy a few extras and fill that fucker up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well that was a hectic day but Dad is now supplied for the coming storm. He had a ton of stuff already so I filled his freezer with cold cuts and loaded him up with his vitamins and the Gatorade he likes. And I went to four different stores and didn't panic shop, only bought 2 of each item (except for this gross peach nectur poo poo he likes). At 70 with a bad heart valve I don't need him getting this poo poo if it can be avoided. Thankfully he's an obsessive model railroader and has enough unbuilt poo poo in his basement and garage to keep himself busy for months. I just wish he wasn't 45 minutes away.

Tomorrow I check mom's stock and hopefully pick up the gun.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've wanted to buy a gun again for ages but my wife is very scared of them. I'm part of a FB car group and a bunch of loonies have been making posts saying they don't care if they run out of poo poo, they'll just take what they want from DUMBOCRATS.

So yeah, having a boom boom on hand won't be a bad thing. I do wish we'd bought the new front door already.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Geoj posted:

They're not even going to play the Reaganomics card - they'll roll out the "these companies are too big to fail and will drag down the entire economy if we don't bail them out" boogeyman.

The economy is already hosed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sounds like we're going to remain open on a skeleton crew if they call for a shutdown. We're an essential medical supplier and they don't want to disrupt the supply chain if possible.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

The earth knows it needs to protect itself from boomers.

I LoL'd

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Darchangel posted:

My what?
Tax refund?

I owe the motherfuckers $1500, because my daughter turned 18 in November, and that somehow means she wasn't a dependent child 11/12 of the year, just a dependent, which is a difference of...$1500. Also, these assholes have the unmitigated gall to penalize me for not having enough tax withheld from my paycheck. You're getting your money, fools. gently caress off.
Oh, and have you seen the new W2? Good luck figuring out what you're supposed to have withheld now.

We ended up owing $3000. I made $24K more than last year and my wife only had 4% withheld for federal. So we've sorted that out so we don't get hosed again next year.

I'm really curious to see how much they end up sending out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MomJeans420 posted:

Surely the airlines don't need to get bailed out after the massive tax cuts they received, what with all the money they saved. Just as long as they didn't do something stupid like massive stock buybacks to drive up the share price and get insane compensation for the corporate officers.

How could anyone be that foolish?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The UAW has reached an agreement for a shutdown. Sounds like GM is dragging their feet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm in the worst case scenario mindset pretty much since we saw what happened in China

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-r...VEzYJewB3ZgNlgA

2 million dead Americans.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

That's a pretty loving inflated number dude, I wouldn't buy into that too much

I just like to be prepared for terrible poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That motherfucking dirty piece of poo poo shows up today and says he's been coughing all night and his throat is dry. Either he's faking for an excuse to leave work or his worthless piece of poo poo rear end is infected and came to work.

I am loving livid.