Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
GM employees tested positive in the Flint plant, GM told everyone else not to worry.

https://www.abc12.com/content/news/...qIvEMrRB2RvNA5s

LOL WHAT ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hope you all stay safe.

The loving idiot at work claims he went to the hospital. was tested, told he doesn't have it and released. He's flat out lying and he was called out for it and written up today for lying and inciting panic. I hope they terminate him, we can't deal with his bullshit anymore.

And we're going to be declared a medical necessity supplier so we'll stay open for production unless we have a massive outbreak in the plant.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Illinois going on lockdown shortly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We're all going to die

https://www.propublica.org/article/...lHfw_uBtrn27iZo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

slidebite posted:

They are dealing with manufacturers to see who can retool for making medical devices, not unlike WW2/Korea where appliance makers started making firearms and poo poo. Auto and parts manufacturers are seriously looking at making medical equipment at the governments request. https://business.financialpost.com/transportation/canadian-auto-suppliers-in-talks-to-build-ventilators-masks-during-coronavirus-crisis

My employer has received record orders this quarter (we make medical device materials) and if we have to shut down due to infection we're going to gently caress the supply chain.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Now imagine being a healthcare worker seeing assholes walking around wearing N95s while your director of operations is sending out e-mails that your hospital is running low.

:(

Stay safe man.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Seeing how many doctors and nurses have gotten it, yeah it's not looking good for health care workers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So I bought a gun on RKGuns.com and transferred it to the local Rural King. But when we went to pick it up they'd filled the order with a different model (a .22 not a 9mm). A whole lotta people have been telling me to just go to a pawn shop, this is uh, not a great idea?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

slidebite posted:

Does your local pawnshop have what you want?

A .22 instead of a 9mm is a pretty big difference - I assume you're talking about a pistol and not a rifle/carbine? How did such a screw up happen or are they basically telling you that's all they have in stock - take it or leave it?

Yeah both Taurus handguns. The clerk said they must have just grabbed the wrong box at the warehouse but they are now sold out of the one I wanted. I forgot to mention they did indeed give me a full refund.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Pawn shops are fine. America is a pretty easy place to get a gun. Especially Midwest America. Just don’t buy it from some random dude on a gun exchange group.

I've never bought a single thing from a pawn shop in my life. Just felt a little uneasy with the idea.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr-Spain posted:

I'd expect them to eat the FFL transfer and all shipping and fill your order correctly.

FFL was free since I bought off RKGuns and shipped to RK. The gun is out of stock with no firm restock date. I assume because everyone is preparing for the country to fall apart.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My dad owns a Taurus G2 and I dug it but I was edged towards the G3 by coworkers as they both have them. I liked how it felt but RK was out so bought online. The $250 price didn't hurt. I should have just bought the G2 they had in stock at the time but now they're all gone.

I should've just bought an AR-15 right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Beach Bum posted:

I strongly recommend a decent used Glock19 over any Taurus ever made. They are really hard to gently caress up, so no biggie on buying from a pawn shop, other than maybe markup. Furthermore, skip down to TFR if you want someone to hold your hand and steer you through clear channels. We don't bite much, promise!

TFR is scary.

I looked at Glocks. This purchase is entry level for me and 19's are a lot more than I wanted to spend at the moment.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KillHour posted:

What the hell is with everybody buying guns? You can't shoot a virus. Stop buying guns you weird preppers.

No but when people lose their goddamned minds I want to be able to protect my home. A few months ago some lunatic walked up to someone's front door and tried kicking it in. In broad daylight. Three blocks away. And I live in a "nice" part of town.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Geoj posted:

Because of poo poo like this on FB:

And that's relatively benign compared with "lets go use our guns to rob all the DUMBOCRATS who aren't armed, we don't need to worry about supplies when we take them by force lololol!" posts going around.

One of the local car groups is full of poo poo like that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
drat dude. Can you like, get the gently caress out of there before we build a wall across the state line?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Indiana shutin' DOWWWWWWWWWWN

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What the hell is going on in Texas? The storm already passed in Indiana, I've only been unable to find one thing my dad wanted, most of our stores are almost back to fully stocked levels.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IOwnCalculus posted:

The implication of that change was that they were limiting what was going into the warehouses, not out, but it's clear at this point they've either exhausted a lot of their inventories, or they've changed that plan because they're at capacity both in and out.

I have a buddy at the Whitestown warehouse and he said 1/4 of his shift showed up yesterday.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's likely the same thing we're experiencing at work. Pretty much everyone with a pre existing condition put in for leave today since we're not shutting down for the lock down. My shift will be down 11 people as of tomorrow. First shift will be half staffed. I'm going to powerplay this and see if my willingness to risk my own health to come to work rewards me with day shift.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hope you're okay STR.

Rhyno bought a gun today. A Ruger EC9S at the urging of TFR.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

You'll shoot your eye out.

Psh, you know I'm gonna have one ball by the time this is over.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hahaha we're all going to die.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Goober Peas posted:

One of my facebook friends asked if any of her facebook friends composted.

She did not like my answer.

'All of your facebook friends compost once they're in the ground'

Heh.

So they're letting us take unpaid leave if we feel our health is in danger by working and we might qualify for the unemployment? Or so my coworker says. Anyways, we're down 14 people already, I'm sure we'll be at half staff monday.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No tests = no infections right?

We're all super hosed. Younger and younger people are dying from this so the whole "only the elderly" bullshit needs to quit being thrown around. Every day it feels more like that 2 million dead Americans thing is going to happen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We're holding our cars & coffee meets via Facebook video messenger, just the core guys. It's working out so far but one of the guys drove by our regular meeting place and there were dozens of cars and people milling about.

We are totally hosed. Nobody is taking this seriously.

Edit: Michigan is more hosed than anyone else

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-gretchen-whitmer-michigan-coronavirus-feud-032411002.html

You guys telling me not to worry when the President is actively interfering with states abilities to combat the pandemic.

2 million dead Americans. Minimum.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Mar 28, 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
'sup

This is in regards to the building I work in. It aligns with a guy in my department that left on wednesday. I've talked with a dozen people on my shift, everyone is on edge now. "did not determine the need to administer a test."

I've likely been exposed. And I saw my dad the day before this person stopped coming in.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MrOnBicycle posted:

I dunno about the US, but here in Sweden we are not testing people that do not need admitting to the hospital because of the simple fact that we do not have enough testing material to do it.

That is pretty much the same as here. But even people who actually do have it and are in bad shape can't get tested. I am not going to run out and demand a test, I need to get more information about potential exposure before I make any decisions.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Previa_fun posted:

anyone heard from our resident trump fuckers lately. Love to hear their hot takes.

I think the current line is "it's not that bad media is lying"

Ikhan? or however you spell his screen name? He won't change his tune until he or a close family member gets it and it goes bad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My dad is now sending me every single bit of info he finds on C19 and it's been like 24 hours and he's driving me crazy. I appreciate that my dad cares and wants to help I really don't care what Sean Hannity has to say about it!

Edit: I saw some videos where people went out in isolation bubbles. Amazon doesn't have any but I think I found a good second option

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 29, 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So we know who it was. If he does get a positive test then I have definitely been directly exposed. Now we just wait to see what his results will be if/when he gets tested.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

So I think most of you guys know I live in the Tampa Bay area, which is the home of Big Cat Rescue. Well the caretaker for my mother in law is a big cat fanatic and knows almost everyone in the show personally, and was very good friends with Carole Baskin's late husband Don Lewis. She was actually the person that went to the Tampa courthouse to pick up the restraining order on Carole for him.....She said that there is no doubt in her mind that Carole killed her husband.

When she told all of this to my wife we were like :stare: I knew she was really into big cats but had no idea.

I feel like you have a lot more to tell us about this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Current best case scenario is between 100K and 200K dead Americans.

https://news.yahoo.com/dr-birx-predicts-200-000-115800421.html

Happy Monday!

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 30, 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's best case if we do everything perfectly. We all know poo poo's going to get really bad here shortly. I have zero doubts that half a million Americans will die.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sharkytm posted:

Dude, Americans can barely follow the instructions on a pack of Ramen... you think they're going to listen to the government trying to protect them impinge on their freedom? Especially after Cap'n Cheeto undermined the validity of the disease for 2 straight months? :lol: gonna be a bloodbath. It's hitting NYC, WA, CA, and the diverse cities right now, but it's gonna clobber the small communities in a few weeks. Come on: https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/24/health/kentucky-coronavirus-party-infection/index.html

I'm pretty sure we're on the same level with this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have a fuckload of stupid poo poo. I asked my wife if she was okay with me leaving it to my friends and she's down as long as she doesnt have to sort through it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LloydDobler posted:

Which were the biggest headaches? I want to cover that since I'm writing it now. I've specified what I want done with my remains (stuffed and put on the couch so I can die as I lived), and I've specified how I want my funeral, but most sites say to do that separate since the funeral happens fast and nobody reads the will until after.

I want to be cremated and have my ashes mixed into the food of all my enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If my dad dies it looks like my siblings get a pittance and I get his insanely huge model railroad collection.