Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Beach Bum posted:

Thread tag is what you get when you wait too long to make a new thread, the CA hostile takeover has begun!

CA takeover is only temporary, cagers live longer :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tomarse posted:

The advert states £xxxx or near offers (and I'll happily answer "yes" if asked if I'll take offers or move on the price) but in my view if you want to low offer on a car you should either do it in person when viewing it or by phone/email after viewing it. I'm not weird for thinking this am I?

No, I just ignore the idiots that lowball or complain about price, don't even waste your time arguing with them.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

bolind posted:

Edit: mind you, this was a $2k machine when new.

My Nespresso machine was $100 and it works awesome :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I got my Nespresso machine right when they came out and it was a godsend because I was getting ready to spend thousands for a grinder and machine just so I could make a decent espresso shot at home. I order the pods directly from Nespresso, they have a Cuban variety that's amazing, among a bunch of different choices ranging from strength of the shots to different flavors and origins. Prices are very reasonable as well. I've had exceptional shots coming out of high dollar machines but the Nespresso is pretty drat close and for the cost of ownership you can't beat it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Darchangel posted:

There are days when I hope the virus significantly reduces the population. Problem is, it won't get just the idiots and assholes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQfyT4H_NPw

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So I applied for SSI disability through my lawyer months ago, got all my medical records in and filled out the tons of bullshit jump through hoops paperwork, and after months of waiting for an approval they decide to send me to one of their own doctors for an examination which turned out to be a loving Pediatrician, with 90% of my "exam" done by a loving student nurse. I was in there less then ten minutes, and apparently they are gonna take some student nurse's opinion of my condition over my neurologist's professional opinion who has been helping me since July?

What the gently caress is wrong with this system.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

^^^^ LOL

Darchangel posted:

Huh. NASCAR is actually changing form the 15" steel 5-lug wheels to 18" BBS alloys with center locks in 2012 2021.
https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/news/bbs-wheels-chosen-next-generation-stock-cars/

That's gonna change the way the cars drive big time. Kinda surprised at this, first fuel injection now 18" alloy wheels, NASCAR is actually trying to come out of the dark ages.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I was in the middle of watching a TV series on Amazon Prime, and all of a sudden now I have to rent episodes for 99 cents or buy the entire season!

Amazon can eat a dick

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

He's a busy guy and I wouldn't blame him one bit if he wanted to bow out of moderating tbh.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah flushable wipes are a great source of income for plumbers, We had to rid my mother in law's house of every wipe she had because she wouldn't stop flushing them plumbers aren't cheap.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tremek posted:

Is it bad that I want to know as little as possible about the person buying my car and to never hear from them again

No, but sometimes I meet cool people and chat with them longer than I usually do.

Darchangel posted:

This is why I refuse to sell to friends or family, usually. I don’t want to hear about it or work on it anymore.

I sold our LS430 to a friend a few years ago but I knew it was a good car so I wasn't worried about it. She loves it and hasn't had any problems with it.

Questionable cars tho? No way.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I'm not seeing any kind of panic here even tho there have been confirmed cases in my county. Was in Publix today and it was business as usual.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I called a seller back once for selling me a 323 with a blown head gasket. I got stranded on alligator alley driving it home from Miami.

I said something like "hey man guess where i am? Stranded on alligator alley, gently caress you" and hung up :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Grakkus posted:

The statistic I saw the other day that ~3000 people have died of coronavirus while ~74,000 have died of regular flu this season and ~14,000 people die every day of hunger. Not sure if that's true or not, but either way the fearmongering shitbags in the news media can absolutely go gently caress themselves.

Yeah, there's a clip of Dr.Drew going the gently caress off on the media and he said he has never seen it this bad.

He also made a good point about in the future if there really IS a pandemic threat people aren't going to take it seriously because of the media crying wolf all the time about this kind of poo poo.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Thank god for VIN check services. Just saved me from a lying seller and driving 4 hours to look at and refuse a Jeep. Why the gently caress would I, a Florida resident, want to buy a Jeep that spent it's entire life in Indiana? And what made you think that even if i didn't run the VIN I wouldn't notice just by looking underneath the drat thing? I specifically asked from the get go if it was a Florida only Jeep and they responded "Yes Florida only!"...gently caress off.

I really hate dishonest sellers, gently caress these people.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Beach Bum posted:

Apparently the nurses station was misinformed, on clear liquids. Just finished chicken broth, lime jello, lemon ice, a popsicle, and apple juice.

Hoping to get out of here today. I can literally see my favorite breakfast joint out the window.

Waffle House? :v:

Glad you're doing well.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KillHour posted:

How would you know?

Lol yep. Since my brain injury I thought I was doing pretty good, but ask my wife and it's a different story, apparently my memory is poo poo now :shrug:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The EVs I want are still too expensive for me, so until they get cheaper it's ICE ICE baby :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Darchangel posted:

This.
A Leaf would be *almost* ideal for my commute. I’m not a fan (no pun intended) of the lack of active cooling on the battery pack. It gets mighty hot here in TX in the summer, and occasionally cold enough to affect the battery pack as well. Not that anything new is in my price range anyway.

I really thought i wanted a Bolt after I drove one but i just can't bring myself to spend that much money on a car. Especially when i can have a DD (xB) AND a toy (Miata, Jeep) for a good bit less than one Bolt costs. I just put a deposit down on the xB I've been looking for and after getting a Miata or Wrangler (still going back and forth on that one) I'll still be at under 20k for both cars which isn't bad.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ephphatha posted:

:henget:

I recall lawnmower chat happened a couple of months back and one of the Ryobi mowers was considered decent enough, does anyone remember which one or have a recommendation for an electric mower to do a small yard? I've got a couple of 18v 4ah batteries and tools but I'm not against going with a different system (as long as it's available in Australia).

I've had my Ryobi mower for two years now and it's awesome, if it died today it still would have been worth the $300 I paid for it, but it still keeps chugging along. During the summer months it gets used twice a week on some thick grass that my gas mower would bog down in, this thing just plows right through it.

All my yard tools a ryobi now and they all work flawlessly.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

STR posted:

2019 Avalon XSE. Opinions? Mom's coming from a 2003 Avalon XLE. She test drove the '19, has 9k miles, lease return. She's not wild about the wheels or the blacked out grill (she has a thing for shiny stuff), but it's priced well. She also test drove a Camry (hated it, too small) and an ES 350 (hated it, too small).

Talk your mom into looking at used low mileage LS460's, once she drives one she will hate everything else trust me.

The brand new ES is nice but nowhere near the the car my wife's 2011 LS is. Different zip codes.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

STR posted:

I tried, but she doesn't want to go more than 3 model years old (at the most), and doesn't want to spend over $25k (what she was approved for by her credit union - she works part time as a 1099, half of her income is SSI, and she filed bankruptcy recently enough that it's still on her credit). A later model LS definitely isn't within her budget. A GS might be, but it'd probably have to be higher mileage. And still won't be as roomy as what she's used to.

The GS will be too small, it's barely larger than the ES and a legit sport sedan so if she wants a big luxury cruiser a GS is no bueno.

If you can persuade her into driving an LS she can afford, I'd put money on her falling in love with it, the car will sell itself. It's really easy to find them in excellent condition even if the miles are a bit high, but for a Lexus miles are nothing.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

rdb posted:

If its any consolation the disease seems to hit the MAGA demographic the worst. 70+, pre existing conditions, smokers etc. We are more likely to survive.

My mother in law is 70+ and I don't want her to die, hardly a consolation for people that have elderly loved ones.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

My wife sent me a pic of Faneuil Hall (which is basically a giant food court) in downtown Boston, and it's loving ghost town at lunch time when it's usually packed and you can barely walk through it. I didn't even know what it was when she sent it to me because I've never seen the place empty.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

NBA just cancelled tonight's games that were supposed to be played before the postponing. Player Rudy Gobert of the Utah Jazz has tested positive for the virus, and the Jazz and OKC Thunder are currently under quarantine.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I have tickets for the race this weekend (St.Pete Grand Prix) and if they don't cancel it I'm not sure if I'll go or not.....Guess we'll see how it goes until Sunday.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Looks like the race is gonna get canceled, oh well.

NHL is getting ready to cancel their season as well.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So they just announced here that the grand prix will be closed to the public. So now it's in the air about if the race will be run without any spectators or not, this is weird.

Also Roger Penske is a typical rich guy complaining about it saying there's no reason for it. Of course, that would effect his pocketbook can't have that!

Roger Penske posted:

We had 25,000 people at Amelia Island last weekend with no problems. DisneyWorld is still open, there’s a big golf tourney in Florida this weekend and there’s no reason to make any change in St. Pete unless we’re instructed by the government and/or health department.

Golf tournament was canceled too dickhead

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 12, 2020

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

Big 10 basketball tournament cancelled. Are they gonna shitcan March Madness entirely?

They should postpone it not shitcan it.

The Chinese are already getting back to basketball games, there's no reason why we can't as well once this blows over.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

At least the kids are gonna be out of school for awhile for spring break after tomorrow and it can be decided whether or not they should go back depending on what's going on at the time, but I'm anticipating an extended spring break.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

China is apparently claiming that the US planted the virus in China

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Joe Rogan Experience posted:

Michael Osterholm is an internationally recognized expert in infectious disease epidemiology. He is Regents Professor, McKnight Presidential Endowed Chair in Public Health, the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP), Distinguished Teaching Professor in the Division of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, a professor in the Technological Leadership Institute, College of Science and Engineering, and an adjunct professor in the Medical School, all at the University of Minnesota.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3URhJx0NSw

gently caress he's predicting it's going to last 3 to 6 months

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Mar 12, 2020

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Darchangel posted:

Jesus Christ. Information we need, but scary.

Yeah and what he's saying about all the people in their 40's that are dying.....It's NOT an old person's disease.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Did you read the guys credentials? Why does it matter who's interviewing him?

Joe Rogan isn't supplying the info, Michael Osterholm is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Osterholm

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 12, 2020

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Someone infect me now so I can just get it over with already.

Anyone know how to remove or at least disable a car alarm system correctly? I just bought a car with one and I'm pretty annoyed with it already.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

gently caress.....Well is there a way i can at least disable it until i can figure out how to get it the gently caress out?

[e] it's this system here looks pretty cheap and simple

https://www.amazon.com/Audiovox-PRO...AAFSNYR52ANEKBX

I'm afraid if I just start removing poo poo the car won't start or run

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Mar 13, 2020

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

sharkytm posted:

If it goes like Italy (and it's likely to, IMHO), we're in for a very rough 4+ months.

Yep, hopefully it goes better here than in Italy, it's a shitshow over there.

I was just talking to my wife about if this goes on for months.....It will still be months after that until poo poo goes back to normal, everyone is going to be in hiding and reluctant to go back out and do normal people things again. This is gonna be really weird.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Speaking of getting shot I suppose I need some more rounds in case poo poo gets REALLY weird.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Wonder why :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Anyone else have any family and/or friends in complete denial? I asked my brother if he had any N95 respirators just in case (he's a painter/handyman) and he thought I was joking. He thinks it's just an old person's problem and everything will be fine. And I have a buddy that's just acting like nothing is happening, head in the sand, doesn't want to talk about it.

I'm thinking that if it does get really bad, the panic will really set in when all these people in denial realize it ain't a joke or something to ignore.

Darchangel posted:

Wish you were in the Dallas area - I'm good at that poo poo. I used to put them in.

Thanks man, I'm gonna take a shot at it tomorrow. Mind if I PM you if I'm having issues?

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 14, 2020