Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
My loving glasses broke. And I'm not some weenie who only uses glasses for reading and my calligraphy classes. No, I am loving blind as a bat and without my glasses pose a danger to anyone in my immediate vicinity. Now of course I could have gone and gotten them fixed, sure, but I was seriously just getting ready to leave town when the little nose piece thingy broke off. Not at the pad which we all know is an easy fix but on the metal stem that connects the pad to the glasses. Now I have to wear some loving goony-rear end elvis costello double-dorkus glasses and I'm upset. I look like I care what I look like and, frankly, that is just unacceptable. Do you wear glasses? What are your backups like? Do you hate them the same way I hate mine? Are you some kind of degenerate that wears contacts? Tell me about them vision enhancers goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Needing glasses all the makes you less fof a weenie? buuuhhh?

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I wear contacts, which are cool because the new designs do not fall out (unless you swim without goggles) and you dont need apparatus on your face that can fall off, get scratched, or break. Downside is that you have to buy more periodically.

I do have a pair of glasses just in case

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

JK Fresco posted:

Needing glasses all the makes you less fof a weenie? buuuhhh?

Men and women who wear glasses have mental toughness from spending their childhood being bullied about having glasses.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I'm pretty sure I got scammed by BIG EYEGLASSES as a child because I was told by the eye doctor that I had to wear glasses all throughout elementary school.

but then I just kinda stopped wearing them because wearing glasses sucks, and every time I've gotten my vision tested since it's been perfect. quite the racket they're running imo

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
My next pair will be as light as these, but I hope they don't make me look like an old grandma again.

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely
I just embrace the double-dorkus and wear some Warby Parker frames OP. They're cheap so I usually just order two colors so I have a backup.

I need to re-up my contact lenses and switch to dailies so I can wear them when I'm hiking again. My glasses usually fog up halfway up the trail and I have to take them off until I get to where I'm going.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010
The real question is, how come all back up glasses morph into Elvis Costello/ 80's gold metal squares once they're hidden in their case at the back of the sock drawer? I would never have bought these hideous things!

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4W8hdegL3g

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Good opportunity to become the blind samurai

naem
May 29, 2011

I mostly wear contacts so when I do wear glasses I go as nerdy as possible with ray ban sunglass frames

you end up looking accidentally cool just because you have to have some self confidence to wear big black plastic frame glasses

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
I buy multiple pairs of glasses every time I get a new script. I usually end up wearing one of the other pairs every day after a year or so

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I have an old pair I keep in the car and I need to get my eyes checked because my current pair are 2 years old. No clue if the old pair will even allow me to drive at this point, shits bad.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I wear glasses with a special filter in them that makes it better to stare at a screen for hours on end. At least that's what the guy selling them told me. And maybe it's just my dumb brain thinking that, but if I don't wear them, my eyes hurt at the end of the day.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I have no backups. Glasses break, I die

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

naem posted:

I mostly wear contacts so when I do wear glasses I go as nerdy as possible with ray ban sunglass frames

you end up looking accidentally cool just because you have to have some self confidence to wear big black plastic frame glasses

:lol:

These are, for all intents and purposes, the exact frames I am wearing right now.

Icochet posted:

I have no backups. Glasses break, I die

:rip:

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Post pic OP!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Zenni optical owns guys

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I had like 3 backup pairs when I used to wear glasses and it all cost me about a hunnerd bux.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I wear glasses, have no backups, and my cat likes to gnaw on them so I have to remember to put them someplace he won't find them when I go to sleep. He doesn't realize that he's being a jerk and he doesn't understand me when I tell him. Or at least he pretends he doesn't understand me.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

My Shoes posted:

Post pic OP!

You asked for it:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Not a dolphin, disappointed

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Meh, glasses are cool. You still have a nerd vibe.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
You should try just keeping your back up glasses 8n the car, since it's usually the only time you really need to back up carefully

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Literally A Person posted:

Men and women who wear glasses have mental toughness from spending their childhood being bullied about having glasses.

I wear glasses specifically to piss off bullies. I mean they’re the real victims here. :shrug:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I wear glasses specifically to piss off bullies. I mean they’re the real victims here. :shrug:

I once tried, "Would you hit a guy with glasses?"

I woke up in a hospital with my wallet and keys missing.

My glasses were recovered and they were still under warranty, so the flat as pancake glasses got me a new one that I scratched up top right on a door.

I only use them to look cool for no reason. My back up glasses is the way to future glasses: light weight and have GPS so I won't lose them.

Zeluth fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Mar 3, 2020

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zeluth posted:

I once tried, "Would you hit a guy with glasses?"

I woke up in a hospital with my wallet and keys missing.

Are you Dennis the menaces dad or something? :thunk: :dadjoke:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Zeluth posted:

Meh, glasses are cool. You still have a nerd vibe.

That's funny, I always thought I gave off that animal sexuality vibe. Gotta up my game.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

That's funny, I always thought I gave off that animal sexuality vibe. Gotta up my game.

No that’s when you take your glasses off and let you’re hair down and shake it out in slow motion. Glasses are a tiger cage for you’re sexuality.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

No that’s when you take your glasses off and let you’re hair down and shake it out in slow motion. Glasses are a tiger cage for you’re sexuality.

And like a tiger cage, they end up turning the wild tiger into a fat diabetic wreck

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Yeh dude those look good on ya. :)

Also, I <3 ya, LAP

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I'm completely bald so when I do the hair shake thing I just get laughed at. I haven't found an effective alternative yet.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
Gonna be honest LAP.

They don't look that bad. Actually, if I saw you walking down the street with them I wouldn't give it a second thought.

These are, for all intents and purposes, the exact frames I am wearing right now.

As a former Optician, this irks the hell out of me, because no, no they are not. But that's me being overly pedantic about it after years and years of people trying on glasses that are totally different and being all "They look the same to me.", even though, to someone who hasn't stared at every conceivable frame shape, style, color, and material, 8 hours or more a day, for 7 years, yeah, they're pretty similar. I've put a fuckton of glasses on a fuckton of faces.

What I'm trying to say it, dude, they look alright. I know what I speak of.

Jay_Zombie fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 3, 2020

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I'm completely bald so when I do the hair shake thing I just get laughed at. I haven't found an effective alternative yet.

Have you tried growing a beard

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JK Fresco posted:

And like a tiger cage, they end up turning the wild tiger into a fat diabetic wreck

Eat with youre hands, not with you’re eyes. :colbert:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

My Shoes posted:

Yeh dude those look good on ya. :)

Also, I <3 ya, LAP

Jay_Zombie posted:

Gonna be honest LAP.

They don't look that bad. Actually, if I saw you walking down the street with them I wouldn't give it a second thought.

As a former Optician, this irks the hell out of me, because no, no they are not. But that's me being overly pedantic about it after years and years of people trying on glasses that are totally different and being all "They look the same to me.", even though, to someone who hasn't stared at every conceivable frame shape, style, color, and material, 8 hours or more a day, for 7 years, yeah, they're pretty similar.

What I'm trying to say it, dude, they look alright. I know what I speak of.

The fact that they may look good on me makes this even worse.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

The fact that they may look good on me makes this even worse.

Well. I mean I can't see half yo face bruh.

Unless the lower half of your head is actually a phone, in which case, I'm sorry.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Clean that phone dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Jay_Zombie posted:

Well. I mean I can't see half yo face bruh.

Unless the lower half of your head is actually a phone, in which case, I'm sorry.

Well I can't just give away all of my secrets, now can I?

JK Fresco posted:

Clean that phone dude

Make me.