Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

riseofmydick
Dec 18, 2019

by Pragmatica
Took my first trip to this shithole last week.

I can't believe I was excited.

Cold, miserable, crowded, overpriced, dirty, stinky, literally the worst place I have ever been in my life.

I can not believe people actually like this place. Riding the New York metro is probably one of the most disgusting experiences i've had in my life.

I've been to megacities third world countries that were cleaner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I like New York City and I always make sure to stand in the middle of the sidewalk when I photograph the Chrysler building.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

New York has a heartbeat. Take it or leave it.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

riseofmydick posted:

I've been to megacities third world countries that were cleaner.

Well tell us about them and maybe you can convince us to go to those places instead.

It's not like any city on the planet is spotless. Except Singapore. But Singapore is like a one-in-a-million kind of a joint.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i would hope to see someone throwing garbage out the window so i could do the coming to america scene

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
the thing about NYC is they actively hate tourists and lowkey wish you would just die, OP

riseofmydick
Dec 18, 2019

by Pragmatica

Agent Escalus posted:

Well tell us about them and maybe you can convince us to go to those places instead.

It's not like any city on the planet is spotless. Except Singapore. But Singapore is like a one-in-a-million kind of a joint.

Bogota, Buenos Aires, Santiago.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
All cities in America suck, OP, they have no culture or heritage and are entirely consumed by chain stores. Drinking the tap water is gambling with your life as is doing anything in public if you aren't a white guy (or are a white guy in the wrong place).

It's a nation experiencing its death throes, what did you expect?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

sweet thursday posted:

New York has a heartbeat.

What does this even mean?

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Poo York am I right OP?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

1redflag posted:

What does this even mean?
i believe he is attacking it with faint praise

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
suck the poo poo directly out of my own rear end in a top hat OP

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Rime posted:

(or are a white guy in the wrong place).

what does this mean

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

VikingSkull posted:

the thing about NYC is they actively hate tourists and lowkey wish you would just die, OP

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

what does this mean

Imagine, if you will, a white guy on planet earth.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Everyone I’ve met with a negative opinion on nyc comes from a homogenous white suburb called something like Middleton where there are no buses and the most ethnic food is general tsos

riseofmydick
Dec 18, 2019

by Pragmatica

Verisimilidude posted:

Everyone I’ve met with a negative opinion on nyc comes from a homogenous white suburb called something like Middleton where there are no buses and the most ethnic food is general tsos

Naw I have lived and visited many places. Went to Miami over new years for 2 weeks and absolutely loved it. It's a much cleaner city.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
screw you too op

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I loving LOVE HIGH PROPERTY TAXES!

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

riseofmydick posted:

Naw I have lived and visited many places. Went to Miami over new years for 2 weeks and absolutely loved it. It's a much cleaner city.

no one in NYC cares about what you do, though

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

sweet thursday posted:

Imagine, if you will, a white guy on planet earth.

Disgusting

riseofmydick
Dec 18, 2019

by Pragmatica

VikingSkull posted:

no one in NYC cares about what you do, though

Great because I don't care what people in NYC do either. They voted for Bloomberg 3 loving times.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Tourists having a bad time in Nyc is by design

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

riseofmydick posted:

Great because I don't care what people in NYC do either. They voted for Bloomberg 3 loving times.

you made a thread about it

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
OP probably looks before he crosses the street

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Hate New York City, it's cold and it's damp, and all the people dress like monkeys

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Sorry you couldn't find something you like in a city that has literally anything at any time, OP.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I enjoyed my trips to NYC. I don’t give a poo poo about the dirt and murder or whatever because I spent a good portion of my life hanging out in Baltimore.

Jersey City, on the other hand, lives up to its reputation.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I liked it :shrug:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

VikingSkull posted:

OP probably looks before he crosses the street

If you want to properly recreate the I'M WALKING HERE! scene (only reason to visit New York), you can't look before crossing the street.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Believe it or not OP, I actually miss when new york was dirtier and a bit shittier. That said, even now new york is pretty cool, theres always something going on no matter what you're into. I'm sure your small town in minnesota or wherever is MUCH more interesting :jerkbag:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

hey im walkin here!

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Chomp8645 posted:

If you want to properly recreate the I'M WALKING HERE! scene (only reason to visit New York), you can't look before crossing the street.

OP a lookin both ways, makin eye contact, staring straight up at buildings motherfucker

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
seriously OP NYC is the animal planet watering hole of cities and you're a baby antelope

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Last time i was in NY with a friend we went out and got fresh shucked oysters and booze before going to a Broadway show. Wfterwards we found a cool cowboy bar with friendly people. A drug dealer we knew popped in and gave sold us quality, albeit expensive cocaine. We then bar hopped until 3am, took a cab across back to Brooklyn, grabbed a couple sloppy street gyros (extra white sauce please!!!) before passing out. The next day we biked around central park until sunset and then got a fancy dinner.

basically what im saying is that tha OP is a loving DWEEB

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Cool, normal people visiting nyc: the food was so good, and the subway worked 24 hours a day, we saw a bunch of museums and two shows while we were there!

Op: the world’s biggest Applebee’s was very expensive, and a Puerto Rican touched me on the subway

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

New York's Alright

IF YOU LIKE SAXAPHONES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd-a7ZzoWmE

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
NYC is actually a pretty great place to visit OP. Maybe try a different part of it next time, and not in the winter time.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
OP watched Maddox's things that suck about new york video and thought unironically ":hmmyes: this speaks to me on a fundamental, spiritual level"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

VikingSkull posted:

i must be a new yorker because i feel the same way about the op