Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
https://twitter.com/BernardHarcourt/status/1236792210781331456?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Nice city, great job (work).

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Bust Rodd posted:

One the worst parts about growing up so close to New York City who is that weekends and holidays my sleepy little town would suddenly be flooded with rich douchebag yuppies and suddenly all your favorite hangouts were just completely flooded with rich jerks and you basically just have to spend those days in the woods to get away from them... until the fall when they all come up to look at the loving LEAVES because I guess none of them have seen the goddamn outside before! Leafpeepers suck rear end.

I used to work for New Paltz Rescue and the leaf peepers were the worst part of fall, they’d constantly be getting into fender benders because they can’t drive for poo poo. So I’d spend all fall trying to get to their stupid car accident through the traffic they’ve jammed up. Or someone would have a stroke in their car while the family was going to Mohonk Mountain House from the city, and their family would drive right by like a dozen hospitals and then call 911 once they unpacked.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
My grandparents decided to retire in kerhonkson... for reasons? I dont want to know if there are any worse places.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I mean, the town I grew up in had a girl who met her father as an adult, and have a kid with him so I think there’s worse places than Kerhonksen.

Not many though.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
:banjo:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Gaj posted:

My grandparents decided to retire in kerhonkson... for reasons? I dont want to know if there are any worse places.

LMAO Kerhonkson is one of the nicer backwater boonies up in the mountains. I lived in a great big house there as a kid. If they ever talk about moving to Accord. It’d be time to start considering putting them down. Kerhonkson is pretty and quiet...

Although we did have a missing person’s cold-case go unsolved for 15 years until one of the kids that did the murder went insane from guilt and copped to it, that happened in Kerhonkson, and the possible Hudson Valley serial killer was very likely active in the area and got one of his victims from there... but that was 20 years ago

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I mean, the town I grew up in had a girl who met her father as an adult, and have a kid with him so I think there’s worse places than Kerhonksen.

Not many though.

This is deadass exactly the kind of hosed up trailer trash drama that goes on in the Adirondacks and the Catskills. These people are from the fucken’ Moon.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Bust Rodd posted:

This is deadass exactly the kind of hosed up trailer trash drama that goes on in the Adirondacks and the Catskills. These people are from the fucken’ Moon.

Dutchess county is weird because we have a ton of upscale rich people neighborhoods that are no more than ten miles from some of the most Deliverance-rear end poo poo you can possibly imagine. I grew near to where there’s a place you may have heard of called Oniontown. It’s like 200 people made up of families that have been there for centuries, and if you happen to go down the road into there they will gently caress you up. There was a gunfight in there ten years ago where the staties just said “gently caress it” and blocked it off and put up the helicopter. No reported injuries, which makes me think that if someone did get shot they just took them behind the shed and old yeller’d em.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
if you want to have a fun time people watching, go to the speedway in Accord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
and to be fair, the concert venue in Bethel is one of the greatest places you can see a concert at

the hills around the Hudson River are a land of many contrasts