Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Just need to find death God janitor now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I love that Amni was undeniably correct about Crazyeyes being why Mona came out flipless.

peramene posted:

Aww we didn't get Sal's role reveal thing

I thought that at first too, but it might be why we got Epsilon's. Crazyeyes was apparently passively janitoring other stuff, but it seems to have only affected Sal.

Which means there's still at least one other obscuring thing out there covering the rest... :sigh:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Ruggan posted:

Oh I’d also vote merk I think

What? I cased crazyeyes first today.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

merk posted:

What? I cased crazyeyes first today.

You would vevdeath god aligned.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Amnistar posted:

You would vevdeath god aligned.

Yeah double scum team means that successfully casing a scum on one side doesn’t clear you from being scum on the other

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
So crazyeyes was responsible for Monathin's janitoring (because trickster) and presumably Sal's (because we got the flip after crazy's death) but there's nothing on his role that lets him actually kill.

So I think we can assume that Sal's death came from the trickster team. There's explicitly 3 tricksters mentioned in the OP. Note they don't have a shared nightkill.

And then we still have squiggly N1, KB N2, and Humalong and Steak N3 who were janitored by something else.

N1 both Steak and dmboogie claimed to hit Binus, who was not janitored. Squiggly was also janitor killed. dmboogie's flip didn't include janitor abilities so I'm guessing that he did hit binus N1 and then failed N2.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
So what’s the case on me? Too good at finding scum?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

merk posted:

So what’s the case on me? Too good at finding scum?

I'm less on you right now.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

xiw posted:

So crazyeyes was responsible for Monathin's janitoring (because trickster) and presumably Sal's (because we got the flip after crazy's death) but there's nothing on his role that lets him actually kill.

So I think we can assume that Sal's death came from the trickster team. There's explicitly 3 tricksters mentioned in the OP. Note they don't have a shared nightkill.

And then we still have squiggly N1, KB N2, and Humalong and Steak N3 who were janitored by something else.

N1 both Steak and dmboogie claimed to hit Binus, who was not janitored. Squiggly was also janitor killed. dmboogie's flip didn't include janitor abilities so I'm guessing that he did hit binus N1 and then failed N2.

I'm unsure if I agree with the basis for your logic, but I do agree there is probably 1 more trickster god and at least 1 more death god.

##unvote

If nep-nep dies and ruggan does not then I will absolutely vote them, but as it stands I suspect ruggan did prevent a kill N1.

I dunno if that person is still alive (or if Ruggan claimed other actions) but if so it'd be good to have that info revealed since we can likely remove them from the list of potential trickster gods.

Give me a second to co-allate the information we have.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Jen X posted:

“Raven, Coyote, and that damned monkey broke into Ragnarök from the outside in, Heimdallr blew his horn, and Loki sprayed DDT at Yggdrasil’s roots. A bit of chaos magic from the three tricksters, and now no one has any idea who’s who, visibility is absolutely shot, the battle’s grown tenfold, and all the alliances have broken down entirely. For all I know, you could be a Jötunn!”

Basis for 3 tricksters.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

xiw posted:

Basis for 3 tricksters.

I just meant about the scum team(s) not having a shared night kill.

Town Kills:
Leith - Horus, Egyptian - Town
Hunt - Zeus, Greek - Town
Monathin -Anansi, Akan - Trickster God
dmboogie - Hel, Norse - Death Gods
CrazyEyes - Loki, Norse - Trickster God

Steak Kills:
B-minus1 - Aten, Egyptian - 3P/Self

Hum Kills:
EP+ - Prometheus, Greek - 3P/Self

Trickster Kills:
SalTheBard - Amaterasu, Japanese - Town

Death Aligned Kills?
Squiggly - ??? - ???
King Burgundy - ??? - ???
Steak - ??? -???
Humalong - ??? - ???

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I'm betting on steak being collateral damage to the Hum kill. Some kind of uber-kill that kills everyone that visits your target.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

I could see that, something like we have a trickster scum team that's about role fuckery and then a death scum team that's all about killage.

Could see Ruggan as a member of the death team with a bodyguard role tbh but they seem like a lower priority than trying out some of the other targets

honestly at this point ##vote CCKeane

CCKeane posted:

I'm voting dmboogie over Steak and it seems abundantly clear that it's the move, c'mon y'all. There's the cc (incidentally I'm going to start counter claiming a lot and calling myself (counter claim Keane) and that's something that, understandably, is making people feel like it's between steak and dmboogie, but on top of that there's a cop investigation on boogie, which pushes the tie well over onto dmboogie side, IMO.

this reads like a bus to me while figuring out how to move into fake casing.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Looks like the day got pushed back an hour? We have two hours.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
assuming there's another trickster god out there I'd be they're among the votes on ruggan when I pulled the trigger

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

xiw posted:

I could see that, something like we have a trickster scum team that's about role fuckery and then a death scum team that's all about killage.

Could see Ruggan as a member of the death team with a bodyguard role tbh but they seem like a lower priority than trying out some of the other targets

honestly at this point ##vote CCKeane

this reads like a bus to me while figuring out how to move into fake casing.

Interesting.

So is Ruggan scum or not?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Interesting.

Ruggan will be protecting Nep-Nep tonight and eating a NK or be tommorrow's cuddle target if Nep-Nep dies.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Let’s vote obvious scum Mithross.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

merk posted:

Let’s vote obvious scum Mithross.

Fine.

##vote Mithross

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mithross posted:

Im going to assume by Mona you meant Mithross, if you meant Mona disregard and we can ask him in postgame. I didn’t rolecop you on n2 because I was more suspicious of Ruggan than you or hum, you may remember you had to spell out to me your claim d3 because I’d missed your breadcrumbs to that effect.

With Hum being janitored you are on the short list when I am a rolecop again.

Do not role-cop me unless you think I am the death god preventing flips from happening. As much as I'd love to have you clear me, this is the opposite of what we need as a team right now.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Can we stop playing role bingo? We just found scum (Crazyeyes) by simply looking at his vote on Monathin, or at least that's what I did. Let's keep doing that and stop doing this other crap.

Mithross is scum by content.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

CCKeane posted:

Interesting.

They're about half way up my ladder.

BTW don't forget everyone that Nep, as a dayvig, could easily be a death god. It doesn't seem that likely but it's not ruled out.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ruggan is scummy too, but I feel like he's more weird than scummy. None of what he's saying makes any sense.

I would vote Mithross and pera before Ruggan. I would vote Ruggan to avoid a no lynch.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ruggan could be 3p I guess. That would make sense.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Just like I predicted Steak as 3p. They are kind of doing the same thing: saying things that don't make any sense.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Can we all step back and see how on fire I am this game (besides day 1)? Please follow me. I will get us more scum.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

##vote merk

We don't know steak's alignment merk. Steak didn't flip for the town.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Amnistar posted:

##vote merk

We don't know steak's alignment merk. Steak didn't flip for the town.

Amnistar posted:

I just meant about the scum team(s) not having a shared night kill.

Town Kills:
Leith - Horus, Egyptian - Town
Hunt - Zeus, Greek - Town
Monathin -Anansi, Akan - Trickster God
dmboogie - Hel, Norse - Death Gods
CrazyEyes - Loki, Norse - Trickster God

Steak Kills:
B-minus1 - Aten, Egyptian - 3P/Self

Hum Kills:
EP+ - Prometheus, Greek - 3P/Self

Trickster Kills:
SalTheBard - Amaterasu, Japanese - Town

Death Aligned Kills?
Squiggly - ??? - ???
King Burgundy - ??? - ???
Steak - ??? -???
Humalong - ??? - ???

Oh, I was just using this post and misread the b- flip as Steak's flip.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Whatever. I'm voting Mithross. I think he flips scum.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I still think Ruggan is overall scummiest, but Amni's plan works so sure.

##vote Mithross

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Back to John Mulaney.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

merk posted:

Can we all step back and see how on fire I am this game (besides day 1)? Please follow me. I will get us more scum.

You've caught precisely 1 scum merk, don't act like you've led the town to victory here.

and ##unvote I can buy that.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Amnistar posted:

You've caught precisely 1 scum merk, don't act like you've led the town to victory here.

and ##unvote I can buy that.

I voted Monathin first on day 2.
I caught Crazyeyes.

I also caught Mithross which you will see soon if you vote with me.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
##vote Mithross

I think there's a good chance at the very least Merk is town, did good case work on crazyeyes, doubled down on mona read n1 in the masonry, at the very least I don't think Merk is trickster-aligned

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

merk posted:

I voted Monathin first on day 2.
I caught Crazyeyes.

I also caught Mithross which you will see soon if you vote with me.

Fair enough, you did catch 2 trickster god aligned players.

##vote mithross why not, let's see what happens and how much your hubris kills you.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Ok, well my current ability to be around is spotty so rather than miss the chance to claim I will claim now. I am an alternating messaging nexus/rolecop. On odd nights I redirect all actions targeting me and also communicate with my target. On even nights I rolecop.

N1 I did nothing
N2 I rolecopped Ruggan
N3 I messaged steak the results of Ruggan’s cop, I wanted to see what he did with the info

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Also if I hit -1, please give me another chance to speak before hammer. Don’t risk a NL, but give me a little time to hopefully check back.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
It's kinda bugging me that the flips for scum look like this

quote:

You are a member of the trickster gods, and you win when there is no way your team would not reach and maintain majority!

we've now had flips from both scum teams, but it's weirding me out that monathin told us about that so freely, like I'm wondering if that's not a misdirection to keep us from realizing they're two alignments under one banner. casing is proving hard when scum can hunt each other so it's a different interpretation that's appealing to me. I don't know what to think of that right now but I wanted to put that out there

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Nep-Nep posted:

It's kinda bugging me that the flips for scum look like this

we've now had flips from both scum teams, but it's weirding me out that monathin told us about that so freely, like I'm wondering if that's not a misdirection to keep us from realizing they're two alignments under one banner. casing is proving hard when scum can hunt each other so it's a different interpretation that's appealing to me. I don't know what to think of that right now but I wanted to put that out there

I have put wincons like that in my weirder games. I word them like that when it’s likely going to come down to my judgement if a win is possible or not because of multiple stupidly overpowered roles.

Not that you can’t be right in this case, because again weird game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mithross posted:

Also if I hit -1, please give me another chance to speak before hammer. Don’t risk a NL, but give me a little time to hopefully check back.

I...don't like this at all. Say what you have to say now, you're at -2, it's not that far off.