Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
No actual flips have had the even night / odd night abilities right? I'm trying to find it and i thought someone claimed that before being revealed as lying, am i making that up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

xiw posted:

No actual flips have had the even night / odd night abilities right? I'm trying to find it and i thought someone claimed that before being revealed as lying, am i making that up?

I think the other person to claim it is pera.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
and I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring for this

##ambrosia Nep-Nep

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

oh man I was thinking sal was one of them until I read closer I was like tpk woo

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I'm okay with ##ambrosia nep-nep

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Ixtlilton posted:

oh man I was thinking sal was one of them until I read closer I was like tpk woo

I made the same reading comprehension error.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Ixtlilton posted:

I'm okay with ##ambrosia nep-nep

yep....##ambrosia nep-nep

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Mithross consider this post a ~spirit vote~ on you so you should claim and stuff and do the thing you said you'd do

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Ixtlilton posted:

Mithross consider this post a ~spirit vote~ on you so you should claim and stuff and do the thing you said you'd do

but be unable to hammer yourself and trigger some kind of effeect.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

##ambrosia nep-nep

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I am the last trickster, you done caught us. I want everyone to consider how merk was laser focused on the three of us, and tossed much less at boogie. I really honestly believe he is anti town and another faction than mine. We are not in any way affiliated with death gods to my knowledge, you will find out our schtick when I flip.

Two scum claims in one game, that’s a new one for me. ##vote Mithross

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Good night sweet prince

##vote Mithross

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I really wanted to self hammer with that for drama but it’s true. I really am the last so I will tell you the truth about things if I don’t think it will ruin the game in other ways.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Mithross (7): merk, merk, merk, CCKeane, Dragonatrix, Nep-Nep, Amnistar, Mithross, Ixtlilton
Ruggan (2): Dragonatrix, Amnistar, peramene, CapitalistPig, Amnistar, Dragonatrix
Amnistar (1): merk, merk, Ruggan
CCKeane (1): xiw
peramene (0): xiw, merk, CapitalistPig, xiw, CCKeane, merk, CapitalistPig, CCKeane
merk (0): Amnistar, Amnistar, Amnistar, Amnistar

Not Voting (1): Anomalous Amalgam

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 18th, 2020 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 43 minutes.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

He coughs, weak, strained, unwilling and unable to give in to the defeat he feels burrowing into his heart.

"Look, you got me. You got all of us. Not much I can say as far as that goes. Ah, besides 'well done', but even then, I doubt you'll take all this as the laugh it really is."

Another cough.

"When things started going sideways, Loki found us. He told us all about how this was the end of all things godly, the start of the age of humanity, and, well, Anansi and I...we figured, why not send a message on our way out? Why not make this as much of a mess as we could, let loose a bit, free some of the glee and sadism that we keep bottled up for something special?"

A small grimace, eyes bloodshot and not-quite focused.

"I spend a lot of time doing errands for everyone. Running back and forth, sending missives here and there. I thought—"

His lips turn upwards.

"I thought that, since everyone was gonna die off anyway, I could get just a bit of payback for how you all treat me. Can't speak for the others, especially now that they're dead, but I wager that they felt similarly."

He tries to laugh, but it spirals off into a gasp, a wheeze, a choking rasp.

"So, congratulations. Here's one last message for you all: You've ruined our fun, but you're still gonna die."

His eyes close.

"I'll see you all again wherever dead gods end up."

As he breathes his last breath, Mithross is revealed to be:
code:
Hermes, Greek Trickster God, a Messenger!

Role PM posted:

You are a member of the trickster gods, alongside crazyeyes and Monathin.

Each night, in your confessional or the trickster chat, choose a player: you may write a message to that player with whatever contents you would like. It will be delivered at the end of the night. You do not have to sign it, and your target will not automatically know who it’s from.

Furthermore, at night, choose a player (same or different): that player will have all actions targeting you redirected to them. You cannot choose a fellow trickster.

If you are Amplified:

Your role name becomes Rogue, and at night, you choose your message target’s target. (It’s not that complicated, seriously!)

You are a member of the trickster gods, and you win when there is no way your team would not reach and maintain majority!

Your provided fakeclaim is Apollo, Greek God of Poetry, Town Messenger.

As the last of the trickster gods falls silent, you, collectively, understand just a bit more.

Trickster Scum Team Mechanics posted:

Obliterator functions are shared by you all: if you learn the role of a living player and/or the name of that player’s flavor role (either their role name, or their identity), you may, at night, unblockably juggernaut, role-nullifying murder that player, with near-maximum priority.

You get one shot per night, and there are no penalties on a miss.

This does not require a particular person to perform the action, and this is not considered a visit.

For each successful obliteration, you gain a oneshot extra vote, usable by any member of the team in public, with the phrasing of "##Extra Vote: [Player]"

You have a collective rolecop or flavor (eg name of god/goddess, pantheon, and domain) cop. This can be assigned to any living trickster in place of their full role for that night, replacing all passive and active abilities.

A rolecop on the player so-assigned would yield a result of "Trickster Cop", as opposed to the normal result.

These mechanics are only revealed to the public upon the death of the entire team.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––

By a vote of 5 to 1 to 1 to 1, Nep-Nep receives the Ambrosia!

No one was even close to failing to meet the lurker kill threshold!

:siren: Night ends around 10 PM eastern on Thursday, March 19th. :siren:

Jen X fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Mar 19, 2020

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
wowie zowie

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I was asked to give noted lurker Hunt11's role PM info, for reasons, so since I did only give him an abbreviated "that dude's dead", here it is:

Role PM posted:

Each day, you may list up to 2 players in your confessional channel. That night, you and whoever you chose will be placed into a temporary masonry channel/server. You may not choose the same player(s) until 2 nights have passed since their last attendance. The person who created the channel (i.e. you) is not revealed.

If you are Amplified:

Your role name becomes King of Gods, and you may kill a member of your council, during the night they are in the council, by stating such in your confessional channel: the kill occurs at the end of the night.

You are a member of the town, and you win when all threats to the town have been eliminated!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

(art via flaptrapsart.com)

"Oh for the love of..."

"Coyote, something wrong?"

"Yes, something's wrong, we got another disappearance! I thought Loki dying was the end of this nonsense!"

"Well, obviously not."

code:
xiw has vanished!

Another booming voice, yadda yadda.

"Look, I'll be straight, I don't want to give this Philosopher's Stone away, but the guild says I gotta and I am not getting on the bad side of interdimensional sales."

Today, all players may vote for any player to receive a Philosopher's Stone!

:siren: :siren: All players feel extra inspired today! After the first execution, there will be a second execution, subsequently but not simultaneously! :siren: :siren:

:siren: Day 5 begins now and will end on Saturday, March 21st, at 10 PM Eastern :siren:

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

CCKeane visited xiw.

##vote CCKeane

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

CCKeane (1): Ixtlilton

Not Voting (9): Amnistar, Anomalous Amalgam, CapitalistPig, CCKeane, Dragonatrix, merk, Nep-Nep, peramene, Ruggan

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 21st, 2020 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 2 hours.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##philosophers stone merk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote keane

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I received an error that Nep-Nep was already amplified.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Ixtlilton posted:

CCKeane visited xiw.

##vote CCKeane

I'm basically vanilla town, but go off. And yes, I KNOW.

##vote: Ixt

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm LP as my full claim so vOv

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Ixtlilton posted:

CCKeane visited xiw.

##vote CCKeane

Did you track keane or watch xiw?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

CCKeane posted:

I'm LP as my full claim so vOv

LP?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Tracked Keane.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

##vote Keane

##philosopher’s stone Nep-Nep

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
slow down it's mod madness we don't know for certain-certain even if; i want the same info as amni

(speaking of)

##philosophers stone amnistar

and before we get any closer to executing on that premise, i-- jesus guys

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
In the interest of full disclosure, I got Amplified last night. I'll claim what it did for me if I need to, but this is just to save wasting future stuff for it if it ever becomes relevant.

peramene posted:

I received an error that Nep-Nep was already amplified.

Judging by the previous 2 daily items, she would've gotten it from the Ambrosia, I think.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Execution Proof.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Keane claims not to have done anything and we already have the tricksters flipped with a bus driver, p likely he's scum who did the kill.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Man, mods who give LP to scum are the worst. Actually it's just a terrible role in general.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Execution Proof.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Sorry for being a newb, what’s LP

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Ixtlilton posted:

Man, mods who give LP to scum are the worst. Actually it's just a terrible role in general.

I sincerely doubt that Jen would do it except for an explicit role madness game; playing the mod feels cheaty

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Ruggan posted:

Sorry for being a newb, what’s LP

Lunchproof. Can only be killed by being vigged or NK'd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Dragonatrix posted:

Judging by the previous 2 daily items, she would've gotten it from the Ambrosia, I think.

loving DUH, SARA

this is not a gambit, I did not amplify the Dragonatrix