Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

“Wait, what do you mean the World Tree is shuddering?!”

Her head is pounding. Everything is...wrong. She can nearly feel destiny unraveling around her, like spools of cloth unwinding, tearing, weaving a fate alien to what should be. She shakes her head and refocuses as he speaks.

“I mean exactly that! Entire pantheons are disgorging their contents onto the battlefield; I just saw what could only be Jormungandr get torn in half by some thing that I’m not sure is even from this dimension!”

He is panicking. He and his kin have foreseen the end of the divine, the clarion call of oblivion that will presage the time of man. This variation can not be. This is a disaster! He shakes his head, grimacing, unable to fully comprehend his fellow combatant. The feeling of uncertainty is...abhorrent. Alien to his very being.

“Well, what happened? What caused this mess?”

She asks, concern winding its way through her voice.

“Raven, Coyote, and that damned monkey broke into Ragnarök from the outside in, Heimdallr blew his horn, and Loki sprayed DDT at Yggdrasil’s roots. A bit of chaos magic from the three tricksters, and now no one has any idea who’s who, visibility is absolutely shot, the battle’s grown tenfold, and all the alliances have broken down entirely. For all I know, you could be a Jötunn!”

She starts at his supposition, amused, her voice lilting upwards.

“Well. I am.”

He slaps a palm over his forehead, almost sighing out his response.

“...Vanr, here. Should we be fighting?”

She grins, not that he can see it.

“Honestly, who the gently caress knows?”

Meanwhile:
    code:
    Heimdall, Norse God of something or other, Town Example Death
    has fallen on the field of battle.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that’s where you come in! Myth Mafia is a mafia game for 24 players, and it has a few quirks that you should all be aware of. Please, please read the below sections for game-specific info.

Game Notes:
    First: This game is a ROLE DISASTER. It is still mafia, but balance is seriously, seriously questionable. It’s not nearly as bad as my previous game, but it’s...different.
    Second: I will not lie to you, but certain roles may make information I provide potentially untrustworthy.
    Third: There are mechanisms in this game to punish claims, much less massclaims. I highly, highly, highly suggest not doing so without a good reason. Flavor matters.
    Fourth: all info roles function as stated: there are no quack roles in this game. That does not, of course, mean that all information is trustworthy.
    Fifth: I wouldn’t consider this a bastard setup..
    Sixth: Just in case: there are killing roles in this game.
    Seventh: There are no jesters, potential cop sanity is not in question, and there is no cult. Those roles and mechanics suck. Also, no usurpers or fanatics.
    Eighth: If you for whatever reason obtain an additional wincondition, it will exist alongside your current one, and you can win with either. This is not a likely occurrence.
    Ninth: Deadchat is not able to interact with the living. Don’t worry, I learned my lesson.
    Tenth: This game requires that you be on a specific discord server, linked below. All players will have their own confessional channels, complete with role info. This is where you will submit your night actions.
    Eleventh: If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or message me on discord.
    Twelfth: Reiterating that this is a role disaster, meaning an incredibly high-powered game. Be warned.
Lurker rules and Day-Night cycles:
    Anyone with less than 7 posts on an ingame day will be freely killable, by anyone, on the following ingame day. This only takes effect if the day lasts more than 24 hours, and it only lasts for the following ingame day. This can be waived at mod discretion, if, say, you lose internet or something. Or if you dorks try to abuse this. The formatting is Lurker Kill: [Player].

Days will last approximately 48 hours, with the exception of Day 1, which will last 36 hours, and any weekend days, which will last 72 hours.

Nights will ideally last ~24 hours or less, depending on how quickly all actions are in, how quickly I can write some minimal flavor, and how rapidly I can actually resolve said actions. If an action is not optional, and it is still not submitted, the target will be randomly selected. I trust y’all to actually play if you sign up to play, though.

You may talk openly during the nights, in-thread, so long as you are careful to not discuss the game in any way during said nights. Please consider nights to begin as soon as the execution is hammered. Abusing this will lead to you being banned from doing so, followed by a modkill on a hypothetical, second, intentional violation.
Item Voting:
    To nominate someone to receive an item, use the format ##[Item Name] [Player]. For example: if I wanted to nominate Bifauxnen to receive some magic beans, I would write ##Magic Beans Bifauxnen. If I wanted to actually use the item, I would follow whatever formatting was defined for it.

I will probably not be tabulating any such vote until EOD, because I’m lazy, but feel free to do so yourselves!
Amplification:
    In this game, your roles and role powers can be enhanced by amplification. The specific means of becoming amplified are not immediately known to all, but in all cases, being amplified is a good thing! Well, for you. Maybe not so much for your opponents. Note: Amplification is permanent.
DISCORD:

Finally: don’t talk about the game outside the game, don’t be a dick, don’t lurk, no codes, and remember to at least try to have fun. (Standard mafia rules apply, more or less.)

Jen X fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Mar 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Important game events:

Signups/Player List:
  1. Amnistar (He/Him)
  2. Anomalous Amalgam (???/???)
  3. b-minus1 (???/???)
  4. CapitalistPig (???/???)
  5. CCKeane (???/???)
  6. Crazyeyes (???/???)
  7. dmboogie (He/Him)
  8. Dragonatrix (They/Them)
  9. Epsilon Plus (He/Him)
  10. Hunt11 (???/???)
  11. Ixtlilton (???/???)
  12. King Burgundy (???/???)
  13. Leith Maclaine (???/???)
  14. merk (I refuse to/list his response)
  15. Mithross (???/???)
  16. Monathin (???/???)
  17. Mr. Humalong (???/???)
  18. Mr. Steak (He/Him)
  19. Nep-Nep (She/Her)
  20. peramene (She/Her)
  21. Ruggan (He/Him)
  22. SalTheBard (???/???)
  23. Squiggly (???/???)
  24. xiw (He/Him)

Replacements:

Spectators (only open after half the player list fills, unless you have a great excuse or helped me look over the setup, like Alli):
  1. Alli
  2. SolusLunes
  3. Podima
  4. Irisize

Jen X fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Mar 21, 2020

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
I wish to be a god.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I absolutely do not have the focus for a high-player role madness game, but I am absolutely here to :munch: and/or :suspense:

My excuse is that I'm gay.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Sounds dope

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am up for a new Mafia game.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I don't know if I wanna sign up for another big game this soon, but can I trade those Magic Beans for a cow

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

this sounds like fun

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
As an enthusiast and connoisseur of ROLE DISASTERS I am excited to sign for this game of maf-i-yay

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Ill be active and make good effort

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
POSTING IN SOLIDARITY

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I probably should not join this game.

I will do so anyway.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yes yes yes. so much yes

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Ill be active and make good effort

I will not.

But I'm down to post 7 times a day for role craziness. If I live till late game I'll effort.

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay
i have serious doubts as to my ability to concentrate on two games at once as a player but i'd love to spec if able to.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm currently working on my setup spec but put me down as a replacer.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'll join.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

hoo boy I don't think I can play another role disaster game after the last few but I'll observe this

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I would like to play.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Put me in, coach. Haven't played in these parts for some time, but have been meaning to.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Okay I have to do this.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
okay, so for those who didn't fully read the 2nd post of the thread, NOW spectator slots are open

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
thank you steak

signing up to spectate

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay
Lemme spectote

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

SolusLunes posted:

hoo boy I don't think I can play another role disaster game after the last few but I'll observe this

who reads posts, really

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

peramene posted:

thank you steak

signing up to spectate

I demand you play!

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
ah what the hell Sal's right I'll play

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

King Burgundy posted:

I will not.

But I'm down to post 7 times a day for role craziness. If I live till late game I'll effort.

I set the limit low because I want people to play, not feel pressured or resentful :)

Mr. Steak posted:

okay, so for those who didn't fully read the 2nd post of the thread, NOW spectator slots are open

Thanks for telling them so I didn’t have to, hahaha

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Why not, I'm in.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Y’all not even ready for the heat I’ll be bringing

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Y’all not even ready for the heat I’ll be bringing

Soft claiming a sun god already?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

“Role disaster” fits my mood right now, so sure.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

Soft claiming a sun god already?

https://youtu.be/RLG1ys2CGcI

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I'll play. I want to do crazy things

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

peramene posted:

ah what the hell Sal's right I'll play

Yay!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Ok I’ll play

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011