Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I'll play. I want to do crazy things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Jan Z

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Toot

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Who’s scum besides me

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I have an ability that lets me post often, and frequently

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Amnistar posted:

It is our job as thread doctors to excise the sickness.

Is this a scum claim? A doctor claim? Both?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Amnistar posted:

##vote ruggan

real vote.

you salty boy!!!

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Ixtlilton posted:

I will vote ruggan too, since he was too cowardly to rise to my summons

##vote ruggan

not even SURE what the gently caress you are TALKING ABOUT, friend???

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Ixtlilton posted:

bout to fight this dude, put em up!

oh this? uhh...

:blastu:

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

xiw posted:

Hi everyone. Not around for the next 8 hrs or so.

ok, please make sure to ask the doctor for a mafia note or youll be considered truant

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Mr. Humalong posted:

rolefishing an hour into the game good lord

Is this a scum claim? A doctor claim? Both?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

b-minus1 posted:

Interesting game so far

not really, what's interesting about it? typical d1 it seems

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Can someone use the magic beans on me, please?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Mithross posted:

I am going to be honest, I have no idea what is even happening in the thread right now. It's like Joke Phase 2: Electric Boogaloo... which is weird to me at 14 hours to deadline when we have a lot of posts and not a lot of anything else. I'm not sure what Amni is doing, it looks like a content game that isn't going to go anywhere.

I don't like Leith's quick back and forth but I don't mind the claim, that seems like a PR that's worth claiming d1, it looks like Huma is working hard to push us out of jokes, which I like. I wish Mona would come back and post something after the back and forth on him.

On the deadline: If this is the deadline time going forward I will only be around for it on the days I work graveyard, but I won't be very coherent because graveyard shift. During the week I will be asleep for hours before deadline.

yeah, jesus... long day at work and no time to read the thread, now I'm at the end of page 10 and my eyes are glazing over

for what it's worth I didn't read Mona's thing as that weird - I think the meta thing came from a discussion around KB's meta in the last game we were all in, where KB is sort of pegged with high expectations and has been trying to detach a little more? like the timing is weird maybe, but the content seemed just fine to me

steak is steak posting as usual and I don't have any real reason to vote steak at this time - more posts does not always equate to scum although it does provide a bigger attack space, so that makes me want to go and reread who has been jumping on steak for posting the way they do literally every single game

probably most suspicious of Leith right now, shortly followed by KB because gut reasons

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

SalTheBard posted:

In the spirit of Lumpens stupid content game, I ask the following question (anyone can answer, it's not targeted at anyone in particular)

If you had a day vig right now:
1. who would you shoot?
2. who would you give a day vig to?
3. name someone NOT on that list who would you never confide a sensitive personal secret to.

1. Leith
2. Monathin
3. Mr. Humalong

I would either shoot or give the vig to KB. I don't know which and that is what gives me reflux

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Squiggly posted:

Ew this loving post

yeah agreed, again Amni setting off my scumdar

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Leith Maclaine posted:

Since right now the momentum is on me, in case I get lunched while I am asleep,

More details around the PR comments from earlier.

One of my powers requires me to be silent the next day cycle and only able to post votes.

Since I have a scenario that has a PR, I am assuming that others may have similar PR's.

this is still a weird post to me bc I don't understand how this setup would interact with lurker rules

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Epsilon Plus posted:

Someone (can't remember who, not gonna look back) said that Leith's PR claim is an excellent way for scum to hide for a day, which is what I thought to myself when I first read it.

Also, Leith didn't laugh at my joke. rear end in a top hat.

##votr Leith

why would a scum make a dumb pr claim D1 before suspicion is even raised?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

gently caress. Sorry. Long day at work already and I misread the noon as CST not EST.

How about that stock market?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I feel stronger about Mona at this point. ##vote Monathin

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

What is everyone else's case against Mona? Mine is just based out of vote timing for Leith and some weirdness in their posts, but they also haven't posted a ton and reviewing their posts it feels like a weak case.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Amnistar posted:

Current Top Scum Picks:

Hunt - They have 8 posts in the game as of the making of this case.
Their only "case" is a list of 3 people that they say are "3 candidates" and then vote for 1 of them. Then their last post is a woe is me post where they complain that I have been making "everything" they do seem scummy.

Ruggan - Posted precisely 1 scum read day 1. On me. Didn't Vote. At all. And there are a pair of posts made, one which is "This role doesn't make sense because I don't know how the PR would work." and the other is "Leith is town, that claim doesn't make sense for scum." Then at the start of the day does a me too vote on Mona, note that their response to the original Mona case is that they don't think that it is weird and they aren't scum.

Eh, I've been extremely busy at work and at home. My posting game isn't up to snuff right now. And as of this post I'm quoting (currently catching up) I plan to switch my vote away from Mona, just not quite sure to whom yet.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Monathin posted:

Well getting pushed to -4 off a cop claim in a role madness game has certainly killed any interest I had in this game so I might as well loving go balls-out and gently caress everyone else up.

Hi, yes, I'm scum. Ixtillon or whomstever the gently caress is an alignment cop. But let me make something perfectly clear:

There are two scumteams. Merk is probably on the second one: No reason for binus to be killed otherwise, he'll want to wiggle out of it. Don't let him. There's literally no reason for binus to have been a N1 scumkill.

My scumteam didn't kill last night. Figure out why there's two deaths on D1 on your own.

##vote Monathin

Get me the gently caress out of here.

ahahahahh

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Giving ixt the item seems like a bad call. Already a good target for NK, having an item makes them a better target.

I also agree with Steak here. Feels like a wasted claim.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Mr. Steak posted:

that doesnt reduce the loss of any meaningful votes. as soon as thread gets cop results, no meaningful analysis can come from vote patterns. so it really sucks that we've been denied that here

I agree with Steak here. I think it's more important now to get info than kill Mona. Mona is already in the bag later, only thing we do is reduce a little risk of some crazy night action at the expense of a lot of information.

SalTheBard posted:

In the spirit of Lumpens stupid content game, I ask the following question (anyone can answer, it's not targeted at anyone in particular)

If you had a day vig right now:
1. who would you shoot?
2. who would you give a day vig to?
3. name someone NOT on that list who would you never confide a sensitive personal secret to.

1. Leith
2. Monathin
3. Mr. Humalong

Returning to scumhunting, this post turned out to be rear end backwards. ##vote Sal

I would also be open to a merk vote to go down the trail Mona left for us. Mona's post came across as frustrated and genuine and I'd be willing to follow that lead.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

CapitalistPig posted:

This is not a good post.

neither is this

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

dmboogie posted:

in before we find out that monathin provides night kill and investigation immunity to his scum buddies mr. steak and ruggan while he's alive

find scum kill scum it's a two-step plan we're halfway through c'mon guys

your approach is formulaic and rigid but also sensible so I guess ok ##vote Mona

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

CapitalistPig posted:

At least my post wasn't advocating for town to literally not vote an outed scum player and then go on to make a really weak vote against someone that no one was really even talking about in some bad attempt to shift focus onto someone else. Nothing in your post was made in a town mindset.

Is that better?

Yeah, thanks. Can you at least admit that Steak's idea has some merit?

Mr. Steak posted:

bro, i thought we were starting something there. stick to ur guns more

I could still be convinced

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Cool. ##vote CapitalistPig

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

CapitalistPig posted:

This is my very first game of mafia.

Hi liar

CapitalistPig posted:

1. Leith
2. AA
3. question dumb

you made the same poor analysis against Leith D1 as if they were your main target

CapitalistPig posted:

Yeah honestly this is the best d1 lovely case going right now. ##vote Leith I doubt anything will get better before I go to bed.

an admittedly weak case, you note

CapitalistPig posted:

That being said, I would absolutely have switched over to hunt had I not been sleeping.

##Cinnamon Cpig

If I am nominated for the cinnamon I will wish for more wishes and then give everyone else a wish.

good cover - I believe you were sleeping, but not that you'd switch... by the way your posting "style" doesn't give me much faith in your promise

CapitalistPig posted:

That's really dumb. You are a dumb.

you have a style

CapitalistPig posted:

Please continue your idiocy though.

a rude style

CapitalistPig posted:

The mona case is not a strong case ya'll.

It's actually pretty bad.

That style is calling things bad that are in fact ok+.

CapitalistPig posted:

lmao. So you're voting me for not admitting that an idea that has no merit has merit?

just like that. oh, and by the way...

CapitalistPig posted:

Well, okay I guess it isn't that bad but still I feel more strongly about voting for hunt currently..

nice backpedal

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

CapitalistPig posted:

I like how you're just trying so hard to make me look bad right now.

It's so precious.

condescending and dismissive - you suck

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

uh huh, "riled up"

ya thanks

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

CPig, who are your top scum reads and why? You can omit me from the list

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

CapitalistPig posted:

You
Hunt
Steak

Can you give some justification? You haven't done much besides drop names so far. Where are the reads?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Thanks. Real question. If you aren't going to scum hunt or make reads, what's the point of keeping you around?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

CapitalistPig posted:

I just do it differently.

And how is that?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

To win, town must spend one day executing Mona. That can be any day. Why should it be today?

We can lunch Mona today. That means we decide "any day" is today. This puts us in D3 with very little additional information compared to what we have now.

We can lunch Mona another day. This lets us use our day today to gain information. Ideally we also execute a different scum. Even if we mis-lunch, this puts us in D3 with much more information (another flip that we can use to further discern alignment).

We already know Mona is scum. The argument is to flip someone else tonight because that's information that we don't have. The only good counter-argument I've heard is that Mona may have a strong night action but I still tilt towards getting information over lowering night risk.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Ok. Ready for this day to be over.

##vote Monathin

I was waffling because... I was actually honestly waffling? I did and still do see both sides of the argument. If that looks bad, so be it - but I do still think Steak's theory makes sense. However, everyone else seems to disagree so whatever. Let's finish this day then.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Oh, and ##Cintamani ixt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Dragonatrix posted:

Right, but if we end the day too early we can't use the lurker rules either. Like, there's still about 7 hours before that even becomes an option tomorrow.

Hm, that's right. 24 hour minimum day length in order for lurker rules to come into effect. Makes sense to wait at least that long to finish the day out.

##unvote but consider my vote on Mona