Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I probably should not join this game.

I will do so anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Jen X posted:

jrpg hero mafia where you have to kill a bad rendition of the catholic church's hierarchy, culminating with jesus who is actually satan but spelled in a charmingly hamfisted way

will be in the works for the future

Pretty sure shin megami tensei has had a few mafia games already

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Hunt11 posted:

That does sound like a fun double cult team game.
Now that I’ve mentioned SMT mafia I want to make one. Maybe when I test combat out...

Jen X posted:

I don’t mean demons in this hypothetical, I mean the scumteam includes the pope

Oh, a Ghost BC mafia, with Papa Emeritus!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

IllegallySober posted:

That’s fishy. So fishy I’m throwing down the :siren: THIRD VOTE :siren: ##vote Ruggan

Third voter is always scum. Always. If you weren't scum before you are now!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Also I came home to 60 posts and got really worried until I read the 60 posts over about two minutes. Well played.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Looking back, KB has posted all of one word since Mona's last post, although Mona's last post did happen at a time when someone asked if KB had a post restriction. If he had posted that back then it would not have stood out as much to me, but a full page (and five hours) later is pretty odd for a "hot take".

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I am going to be honest, I have no idea what is even happening in the thread right now. It's like Joke Phase 2: Electric Boogaloo... which is weird to me at 14 hours to deadline when we have a lot of posts and not a lot of anything else. I'm not sure what Amni is doing, it looks like a content game that isn't going to go anywhere.

I don't like Leith's quick back and forth but I don't mind the claim, that seems like a PR that's worth claiming d1, it looks like Huma is working hard to push us out of jokes, which I like. I wish Mona would come back and post something after the back and forth on him.

On the deadline: If this is the deadline time going forward I will only be around for it on the days I work graveyard, but I won't be very coherent because graveyard shift. During the week I will be asleep for hours before deadline.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

In the spirit of Lumpens stupid content game, I ask the following question (anyone can answer, it's not targeted at anyone in particular)

If you had a day vig right now:
1. who would you shoot?
2. who would you give a day vig to?
3. name someone NOT on that list who would you never confide a sensitive personal secret to.

1. Leith
2. Monathin
3. Mr. Humalong

1. Hunt, skirting right at the post count requirement, but at least has one post with opinions to go off of
2. Huma, I like his attempts to get more serious posting going and think scum would probably want to go with the flow
3. CPig. I have no reason for this one.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Won't be around again before deadline, Leith is vote leader by too significant a margin, but I don't mind that really.

##vote Leith

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Actually I guess if I went the other way it'd only be a 2 vote difference, and I wouldn't mind the Mona vote either... but in the end I'd rather vote the leader when we have an early deadline.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

xiw posted:

epsilon, hunt, illegallysober, mithross haven't posted today, was your goal to get a day in under the 24hr period to avoid lurking rules?

gently caress this argument and anyone who uses it in a mafia game, particularly when the day is what, 9 hours old? I work a job that doesn’t allow me to engage a thread during it, I skim along as best I can and sometimes get some posts off during lunch/bathroom time.

That said my vote is clearly on Mona, but I’m not going to actually vote when he’s that close this early in the day.

I’ll have more free time in a few more hours to respond to the thread in more depth, but I hate that kind of callout, much like Keane does.

(Note I’m not actually mad at you in particular xiw, I know this was more a callout/fishing post, but I can’t stand scumhunting via being someone not being able to post at a specific time of day)

Also ##vote cintamini Ixt seems pretty much the only choice right now.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

xiw posted:

Super sorry if it sounded like i was calling you out for not posting yet - what I was trying to say is that we don't want to end the day yet despite Monathin's attempts to provoke a turbo because these people haven't posted and we want to give them a chance to.

I got what you meant part way (you may have noticed the shift in tone but I decided to keep the post internally coherent rather than go back), but the way your post was presented made it a short hop to “Mona was trying to end the day because X is scum that wasn’t posting”, so I stuck with it because that sort of argument has caused a lot of trouble for me in past games regardless of my alignment in them.

I agree wholeheartedly with your actual message of don’t turbo on d2 we have stuff to talk about still.

Also work is slowing down so I while I won’t really be able to dig backwards for a bit I will be in and out keeping up with what’s going on.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

In a more standard game steaks idea might have merit.

In this game it reads more like trying to buy a fellow scum with a cool power an extra day of life to use that power.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mr. Steak posted:

literally this!

y'all are dismissing the idea out of hand because you're closed-minded and beholden to typical mafia strategy, or because you're a member of this alleged 2nd scumteam and want to cut down competition while keeping heat off of your own team

I’m not dismissing it out of hand, I thought about your plan and in a more standard game I might even agree... but this is role-narok.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Amnistar posted:

Similiarly, trusting the claimed cop over confirmed town is a dumb idea, give hum the cinnamon twists.

I admit I haven't fully engaged the game since the day started but after reading back twice, we have a confirmed town?

CapitalistPig posted:

We don't loving know that's the point you absolute pinecone.

This has been added to my list of favorite insults.

Steak reads as wrong but town in his exchange with CPig, but I agree that Ruggan's back and forth looks quite bad. Mona is the lunch today but Ruggan is worth watching going forward.

It's 5am and I'm going to bed. Hopefully when I get back some of the even lurkier than I am people will have posted.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Holy hell how did you guys keep ramping things up from last night, I’m impressed. Also stop plotting to make the day short, some of us work for a living!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Specifically I mean some people are asking for time to catch up, which is fair since the day is only a day old and there is been quite a bit going on. (I know what I said.)

I get the impulse, we are seemingly stuck in a rut until Mona flips, but let’s let the new people register that and reply if they are going to. It only helps town to get more reactions.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

xiw posted:

It worries me a bit that we have zero posts from illegalysober or hunt tbh, in a game where Leith had a silencing role.

That was what I was starting to suspect, at least for hunt. He would make a great silencer target after d1. If we don’t see him today and he doesn’t end up lurker ruled then we will... well we won’t know for sure but it’ll be pretty likely at least. I honestly don’t trust anything 100% this game.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Nep-Nep posted:

This is a soldiers game but with only one army and thread, and Hum is our leader

No I just ran that game, CCKeane was the leader.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I have cooled on Ruggan and am going to try and dig in for a reread to look elsewhere, I work late tonight, so I will both be home longer and work is generally slow as hell and I can read.

I don't like how amnistar has a name for what happened to the two missing people. It isn't a term I've familiar with in mafia, and it hasn't come up before this post.

Amnistar posted:

Day 1: I was unable to convince the town to vote for Hunt and they instead went after town because...reasons? I dunno, I told them not to cuddle Leith but no one listened to me.
Night 1: The night was quiet for me. We lost Squiggly to the evaporator, and B- to an actual kill.
Day 2: Ixel claimed cop? And Trickster aligned results on Mona. Mona was cuddled, flipped with no info. Hunt did not post at all. Town decided they had to give the claimed cop the magic item.
Night 2: I learned things that are having me temporarily stay my hand on Hunt, though they should post. And evaporator took out King B.

Currently my top scum pick is Ruggan.

Hunt is someone I still harbor suspicions on, and the lack of posting D2 is lovely. I'm gonna do some re-reading. In the meantime, give Hum the world seed.

"evaporator" huh?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mithross posted:

I have cooled on Ruggan and am going to try and dig in for a reread to look elsewhere, I work late tonight, so I will both be home longer and work is generally slow as hell and I can read.

I don't like how amnistar has a name for what happened to the two missing people. It isn't a term I'm familiar with in mafia, and it hasn't come up before this post.

"evaporator" huh?

mafia edit for the typo

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Ruggan posted:

Possible disappearing is a second scum team night kill? Or would that be a weird setup for alternate scum kill not flipping the victim?

Who said there were two scum teams? Mona?

Mona claimed there were two teams, yes. He also claimed his team did not participate in the n1 kills.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

This is loving stupid.

yes potential scumslips are stupid. I bow to your vastly superior mafia skills as a confirmed town.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Amnistar posted:

I'm glad you realize your shortcomings.

Also, in case anyone is dumb and hasn't realized it yet. Hum and I are confirmed town masons. I'm PGO and he's Bulletproof.

Get Wrecked Ruggan.

Now you're calling me dumb. This is hurtful. I'm just slow, ok. My mom said I learn different but that's ok.

That said if Ruggan is scum then there was some targeting fuckery last night. No I am not in any way claiming cop or a town killing role. Just that if Ruggan is scum my night action should not have resulted in what it did, and since according to Hum he was in a masonry with hunt and ruggan, who wasn't surprised ruggan was in the group...

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Amnistar posted:

Masonry popped up right as the thread closed. So if you're refering to some kind of targeting fuckery that you instituted on N2, it would have occured after the masonry was created.

oh duh, day action to make a night masonry. That's my mistake, my objection to the masonry is overruled. The rest of that statement is true but also it was unnecessary and now I feel actually dumb.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Amnistar posted:

I suspect you have found THE EVAPORATOR!

this is the one I will ride to your death. All caps cements it. Only scum can type in all caps, it's a RULE (wait poo poo)

Ixtlilton posted:

also big :ironicat: at steak for using the lurker gun immediately after saying my play was too soon yesterday

While I wish we had let hunt show up, especially since he is quite relevant to our discussions today, there's a difference between firing a lurker gun immediately (something steak called for in other games) and claiming your investigative role d2 on someone who was a pretty likely dunk without the claim.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Amnistar posted:

Either we're confirmed town masons or we're both scum. Hum and I know we're confirmed town. I've been laying the bread crumbs for it for some time, and we claimed it without any pressure.

If you think we're scum because of our actions, then great. If you think we're scum because we claimed confirmed masons, then...uhh....yeeeeaaaa...

So yea, steak/ruggan/mona team

and dmboogie on either another team, or the SK (aka THE EVAPORATOR)

I continue to have results that make it very very unlikely Ruggan is scum, unless there was targeting... stuff. Which is possible, Ruggan would have been a good choice for that last night. Still though, I'm more interested in the dmboogie cop results today. SK or scum I'd really like those flipless kills to stop.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mithross posted:

I continue to have results that make it very very unlikely Ruggan is scum, unless there was targeting... stuff. Which is possible, Ruggan would have been a good choice for that last night. Still though, I'm more interested in the dmboogie cop results today. SK or scum I'd really like those flipless kills to stop.

Yes I know we have no way of knowing if it is death god aligned that does that, but it seems possible, and if ruggan is regular scum his team would still be able to do them without him... probably. Look this is role-pocalypse it's all about best guesses even more than normal mafia.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Ruggan posted:

Lol, just try to execute me today you big butt. Not happening.

This line tells me that my results are almost certainly correct, and also that voting Ruggan today would be pointless and wasteful.

I think boogie is the vote for today. Steak's claim has weird timing but if it's true killing boogie stops him from getting amplified but doesn't harm us, he could still get amplified some other way. And if he's lying, it's to save boogie, so voting boogie is still the way to go.

That said we've got two days and I don't see any need to rush when boogie is already at -3.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Ruggan posted:

Did you target me specifically last night? Or someone else?

I targeted you.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

*holds up hands ready to bewilder with a suggestion*

What if, hear me out, Amnistar and Steak are scum together.

In response to steak asking who the third scum is...

They continue this light jabbing building into wordy discourse over the next few days but show vote solidarity on hunt ruggan.

There's just something odd about the entirety of their mutual interactions across game days

Also makes me wonder about humalong's alignment.

Well, if Amnistar and Steak are scum then humalong is too pretty much period. If those two are scum and he's town he really is not playing to his wincon at all.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

It has just occurred to me that Mona probably knew he wouldn’t flip, which means it’s entirely possible Huma and Amni are scum who, knowing they won’t flip, decided to claim masons early. No risk if one of you dies because hey, it doesn’t incriminate anyone else!

I am not calling them scum or anything, but I have less faith in their claim than I did.

Right now I want to flip boogie. Given our two town flips have been “Greek” and “Egyptian”, and our scum copped as “Trickster God”, I’m inclined to believe death god is either 3p or part of the second scum team Mona claimed existed. That said if he’s scum he probably won’t flip... but that alone will be telling enough I think.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Amnistar posted:

We know Dmboogie or steak is lying, because both claim to kill b-.

This is a fallacy. They both could have killed b- simultaneously. I think it's likely one is lying but they don't have to both be lying. I think boogie is 3p or scum, more probably scum given the cop result came as a "faction" (death god) and not a "pantheon" (Greek, Egyptian, Norse, etc), when our 3p flip had a pantheon.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Well, I really would have liked two of those flips in particular. I am honestly fairly lost in this game, the severe lack of flips makes me feel like we're still in early game, where I flounder around.

I'm not sure what I think of Amni's claim in light of Huma being janitored, it fits too well into my paranoid suspicion yesterday for me to be comfortable with him anymore. Also, oddly enough, I see merk's case on crazyeyes and think there's some merit there, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if merk flipped as scum. With the death god flip it's seems pretty likely Mona was telling the truth when he claimed two scum teams, so I am comfortable with the idea they could both be scum.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Amnistar posted:

Because the action was such that there is no way it could help a scum team. And withholding the action, or using it on a scum buddy, would be the right play for scum.

Well, getting town to later confirm you when you haven't been playing much is still helpful to scum. Maybe you are underselling the harmfulness to scum/helpfulness to town? Because getting town to believe in you is a pretty solid play use for most scum things.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

With the towns increased interest in Ruggan, I would like him to confirm his n2 action for me, as much as he is comfortable doing so. I've been hinting around at it but I would like to just settle things now, especially with the body count last night. If I'm correct his n2 action won't give anything away that shouldn't be out there.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Ruggan posted:

Not sure what of that Mithross can confirm, but I don't think there's much of a reason for me to use my ability and protect a cop claim without being town. That's my personal defense.

I am convinced Ruggan is town and will not vote for him. His claim is exactly what I expected.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Amnistar posted:

So, Mithross is a rolecop, and targetted Ruggan N2. Mithross, do you have any other information to share with us that might be helpful?

I am not always a rolecop, only sometimes. So far Ruggan is the only person I’ve copped, and yes it was on n2.

As for being confident Ruggan is town, when Ruggan breadcrumbed his n2 action in a way that correctly matched my result on him, and then claimed the same result... well it makes targeting pretty certain and also as mad as our roles are, a scum compulsive bodyguard seems, well, bad and not fun.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Also I have been pretty caught up in virus worries and honestly did not realize deadline was today, I will work and get at least my current opinions out for the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Amnistar posted:

Also, Mona, if you didn't rolecop either myself or Hum to confirm the masonry, I'd like to know why.

Im going to assume by Mona you meant Mithross, if you meant Mona disregard and we can ask him in postgame. I didn’t rolecop you on n2 because I was more suspicious of Ruggan than you or hum, you may remember you had to spell out to me your claim d3 because I’d missed your breadcrumbs to that effect.

With Hum being janitored you are on the short list when I am a rolecop again.