Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yes yes yes. so much yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
okay, so for those who didn't fully read the 2nd post of the thread, NOW spectator slots are open

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ixtlilton posted:

I play gaem?

yes and join the discord quick so we can start today!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
same goes for sal, merk, and squiggly.

unless you're already in discord under a different username (which i doubt since i've seen all of you in discord before)...

GET IN

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Steak is naked and needs to be called scum! hurry up you gits!

erm, watch your phrasing a little. lol

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

##vote Steak

He’s Coyote

is that a god....?

maybe i should start reciprocating the policy votes

##vote humalong

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CapitalistPig posted:

If that's true then why would you vote me?

If you're a lie detector presumably you wouldn't be able to lie detect alignment claims so that takes the not scum and the town statements out of contention.

That means that there remains two lies and two truths left.

My name is clearly capitalistpig and this is obviously not my first game as can be easily researched on votefinder.

This leaves the fact that I am not a jester or that I am here to play mafia as the one truth and one lie left.

Neither of those things being true should mean you want to vote for me.

Please explain.

EXPLAIN LEITH

is this serious? if youre serious, this post is so super weird lol

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
does KB have a post restriction where he can only reply with 1 word....?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

who first mentioned PRs because holy poo poo what a misdirect

are you vaguely calling me out here? it was a joke, bro.

it looks like you instantly hooked hunt on the shade, so good job >_>

heres a hint for everyone: if humalong is not explicitly calling me out on something, it's hedging.

im already voting for humalong but i'll say it again to indicate that im serious now ##vote humalong

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leith Maclaine posted:

I think you are overreading into the PR. There is a circumstance on my card that if X occurs, then Y PR is in place for Z amount of time and I'm town so right now RP is null information.

wait what?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crazyeyes posted:

My good man. I must implore you to stop this fishing foolishness at once lest harsh judgement be visited upon you.

im just surprised that apparently a PR of any kind is involved in this setup

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

surprised his scum ploy turned out to actually be a thing

##vote steak

what scum ploy? lol i made one comment on KB's horribly minimal posting, and somehow it's my fault that several people started getting distracted talking about post restrictions?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

Suprised as in you believe them, or suprised as in you think they are lying?

well, he didnt sound like he was joking. its alignment-null of course, but yeah i believe his weird vague claim. its weird. i know role disaster can mean anything, so i've got my tinfoil hat at the ready, but i didnt expect PRs

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i actually dont know what humalong is trying to say here. i know he tunnels me in every game, but this is some weird behavior

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Monathin posted:

My incredibly hot take is that KB's continual sauciness over being expected to make it to Day 3 after he changed his meta is in fact dumb because every time he has to justify his meta he continually calls out people who "don't do near as much", which, lmao.

That's all I'm gonna say on KB today because there's no point trying to examine him unless he survives D1

huh? nobody's talking about KB. idk about any of that sauciness. why are you bringing that up?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

b-minus1 posted:

That mona post was fine lol

it was random, but definitely didnt deserve 4 really quick votes, unless you actually believe he meant to send that in scumchat lmao.

merk and leith look worse than mona here for their vote/unvotes in quick succession.

my eyes are on leith in particular for the deadline fear-mongering in his vote post. framing your vote as "well theres less than 24 hours left so this seems like a good enough direction" is a textbook way for scum to escape culpability. leith also reversed his vote within like 5 minutes, right after merk unvoted. as if he felt comfortable voting mona because merk did, then changed his mind because merk unvoted? leith, do you trust merk's instincts that much more than your own?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
actually yeah, that lushes leith higher than hum in my scum reads ##vote leith

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*pushes

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ixtlilton posted:

No one's answering my questions/challenges today T_T I guess the first guy put up guns and that's okay but I had to vote him to do it.

you talking about this?

Ixtlilton posted:

Steak I have a very important question for you: Are you town?

lol

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ixtlilton posted:

yes, please answer it it's a very important question

im not going to ever answer that question, in any game of mafia, because no matter my role or alignment, the answer won't ever change. its dumb to ask

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ixtlilton posted:

wow, that's rude as heck

you knew my answer when u asked. that's why i ignored the question.

are you going to insist i humor you, or are you going to ask useful questions?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you can vote, u know, amni

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ixtlilton posted:

it was a useful question

just so you know, it's not personal. this is just a maf pet peeve of mine.

(from another game where i was town)

Mr. Steak posted:

do you really think that's a question worth asking?

[click through for context]

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

Or Steak, because it's funny.

rude!!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait, amni, who's the 3rd scum you IDd besides ruggan and hunt?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

It is you! You are the scum!

well thats just patently untrue

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that probably means by extension ruggan and hunt are also town

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

I am the guard on the left that only speaks the truth. Not the guard on the right that only speaks lies.

thats me. im the one on the right

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crazyeyes posted:

Steak is being needlessly defensive about being asked if he was town. Just say "duh of course I am" and move on with your life.

i have a thing against people outwardly claiming town as if that means anything whatsoever. my intention in ignoring ix was to not entertain that literally pointless discussion. but like always i made the mistake of buying into that very discussion by posting about it. i literally always make this mistake lol. so i proclaim here and now, i will no longer reference this topic in this thread

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

pssst. Steak. What if someone uses the thread's question on you to ask if you're town?

in this scenario, i would claim im scum because its funny

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dmboogie posted:

now that ive gotten over my initial reaction of "what the gently caress are you even doing leith" i see your points yeah

welp vote's staying on mona for now anyways

really? where are their points? i still think leith looks really bad, and the "claim" (which people are weirdly treating as a real claim when its just a vague claim on basically the exact same level as his initial vague PR claim but more specific. i smell a scum scrambling for leverage after being called out on scummy vote behavior. i dont like how people are excusing him now so readily for "too bad of a play for scum" reasoning which is essentially wifom

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak posted:

really? where are their points? i still think leith looks really bad, and the "claim" (which people are weirdly treating as a real claim when its just a vague claim on basically the exact same level as his initial vague PR claim but more specific. i smell a scum scrambling for leverage after being called out on scummy vote behavior. i dont like how people are excusing him now so readily for "too bad of a play for scum" reasoning which is essentially wifom

i rambled so hard i didnt finish a sentence in here lol.

what i meant to say to complete the sentence after the un-closed parenthetical, is "and the claim isn't even something that sounds townie"

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
do you mean this, amni?

dmboogie posted:

Do you have a night kill?

the answer is no

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh, this.

Mr. Humalong posted:

STEAK:

If you could pick one player in this game to take on a date, who would you choose?

well, based on avatars i pick dmboogie. i mean look at that jawline

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dmboogie posted:

so do you think amni and hum are also scum for defending leith?

well, kinda tbh. i was already reading humalong as scum so this just adds to that. i dont want to pursue it before lunching leith though

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SalTheBard posted:

I'm not even sure how to respond to this answer. ##vote steak

sal, i would have picked you if you werent married :P

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

xiw posted:

1. merk because if they ARE scum i feel like I'd never figure that out.
2. Nep, I generally like their arguments and i feel like it'd produce interesting stuff to read
3. peramean

you just reminded me nep is in this game.

how many people are gonna be subject to the very lenient lurker rules? drat

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

as of now, these 9 players will be subject to lurker rules unless they get their post count since the start of d1 up to 7 posts

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh, 8 players. not solus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sir, i posted it already