Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Ill be active and make good effort

I will not.

But I'm down to post 7 times a day for role craziness. If I live till late game I'll effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hi

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##vote bminus

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mr. Humalong posted:

:siren: this is scum KB :siren:

##vote kb

Cute.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mr. Steak posted:

does KB have a post restriction where he can only reply with 1 word....?

Nope.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Monathin posted:

My incredibly hot take is that KB's continual sauciness over being expected to make it to Day 3 after he changed his meta is in fact dumb because every time he has to justify his meta he continually calls out people who "don't do near as much", which, lmao.

That's all I'm gonna say on KB today because there's no point trying to examine him unless he survives D1

This is a super odd post and I'm curious how you came to it. It seems like something you were discussing outside the game with someone(scum chat?), since it doesn't seem to spawn from anything in this thread.

##vote Monathin

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

I just realized deadline is tomorrow definitely a couple hours before I am even going to be awake so I'm going to have to make sure to have a vote on a scum before I go to bed tonight.

Who scum?

Huh, that is an odd deadline. Thanks for calling it out.

I like my Mona vote. Too dumb to be a scum post is never a reason to discard something. Scum make mistakes like everyone else.

Leiths flipping on and off that vote does look weird. Would vote.

Steak avoiding any possibility of being read by a lie detector role in a role madness game looks pretty weird to me. But haven't followed the link to whatever context there is.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Epsilon Plus posted:

Someone (can't remember who, not gonna look back) said that Leith's PR claim is an excellent way for scum to hide for a day, which is what I thought to myself when I first read it.

Also, Leith didn't laugh at my joke. rear end in a top hat.

##votr Leith

This isn't a valid vote.

Votecount for Day 1

Leith Maclaine (4): Mr. Steak, Crazyeyes, Hunt11, merk
Monathin (3): King Burgundy, dmboogie, merk, Leith Maclaine, merk, Leith Maclaine, Leith Maclaine
Ruggan (2): IllegallySober, IllegallySober, Amnistar, Ixtlilton, IllegallySober, Amnistar
Amnistar (1): SalTheBard, IllegallySober, SalTheBard, IllegallySober, merk, merk, xiw
Hunt11 (1): Amnistar
dmboogie (1): Anomalous Amalgam
Epsilon Plus (1): b-minus1
Mr. Steak (1): Mr. Humalong, Amnistar, Amnistar, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, SalTheBard, SalTheBard
merk (1): Squiggly
King Burgundy (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong
Mr. Humalong (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
CapitalistPig (0): Leith Maclaine, Leith Maclaine
b-minus1 (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy

Not Voting (9): CapitalistPig, Dragonatrix, Epsilon Plus, Mithross, Monathin, Nep-Nep, peramene, Ruggan, SalTheBard

With 24 alive, it's 13 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 10th, 2020 at noon EDT -- that's in about 10 hours, 55 minutes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

This seems like Hunts normal game play to me. He was town last time I saw him play like this.

I'll vote leith. But you all could join me on Mona.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Amnistar posted:

If people really think both will flip town, who has the least posts in the thread? We can pivot to a lurker cuddle and just write off the day.

This is also Mona, I believe.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

k, 20 minutes.

##vote Leith

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dragonatrix posted:

I think that attitude would come from a scum who wants to appear like a doomed Townie, yes. It's too performative and I'd call the lack of a claim more damning, not less, if anything.

He did this exact thing as town in our last game, didn't he? You were in that game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Amnistar posted:

My retirement fund dropped in value by 15%....

I decided not to look at mine.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm still happy with my vote from yesterday. Nothing at end of day changes that for me.

##vote Mona

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

xiw posted:

For future reference I targetted merk and monathin and didn't get blocked etc.

Why claim this?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ruggan posted:

What is everyone else's case against Mona? Mine is just based out of vote timing for Leith and some weirdness in their posts, but they also haven't posted a ton and reviewing their posts it feels like a weak case.

For me it is still their post about me. It made me feel like they were talking about me in scum chat and decided to try and get me cuddled on a later day, so Mona came in to lay the groundwork for that but hosed it up by not establishing proper context for it.

For additional context, they(Mona+buds) were doing this as scum in our last game together and planning to try and set me up as their vote on later days if they didn't night kill me. So upon reading that post, seeing it came out of nowhere and didn't make sense for the thread, I started to put the pieces together.

I was potentially willing to be convinced otherwise if Mona came in and somehow dazzled me, but they never did. I know it may seem weak/tinfoil, but I'm feeling really good about this one. And I'm not the only one that saw how out of place that post was.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Monathin posted:

This an extreme bunch of bullshit. Just for the record. Yes, I was scum last game, but the idea that I'd so brazenly throw out my opinions of KB's meta (which are my genuine reads of KB's meta, in that it is a bad meta and they get salty when they think it is bad). It was being commented on if it was a post restriction and I gave my take in the moment.

It was a throwaway D1 post made during the timeframe when everyone else was saying poo poo during D1. I intended to come back and follow up on it, but time got away from me and Day 1 was truncated.

Here's some context: I work loving night shift, y'all. I get home sometime between 10 and 10:30, and by the time I was home, cleaned up from my grungy-rear end work, and finally able to sit down at the computer it was already 20m to deadline. I was still 200+ posts behind. I wasn't going to have time to read that and keep town from avoiding a NL, so I stated as such.

Your guys' entire case hinges on exactly one 'weird' post I made and trying to justify it as me trying to push hard on KB when that was and never has been my style. If KB was actually being genuine re: DQB2 Mafia and how I played that, he'd be able to vet that. The fact he's trying to spin this narrative is honestly goofy af.

Monathin posted:

No need to be loving harsh, merk, goddamn.

Anyway if you want an opinion ##vote KB KB's actual posts on me are disingenuous and his reasoning is not only bad, it's just flat out wrong given what he knows of me and how I play the game. It's a bad push and the more he 'feels comfortable' on it the more I figure he's throwing his weight as a Big Name Mafia Player to try and push me.

I'll do more scouring of D1 to find more things that twinge me but give y'all threw four votes back on me at the drop of a hat I'm not just gonna fuckin have a case ready just yet.

tl;dr chill the gently caress out yo

Every part of this is nonsense. FYI. But I'll call out two things in particular.

A)I literally just read your scum chat in that game with Pmush/etc. You did exactly what I said you did there. Its on the record. You can't lie about it. The only part that was theoretical was if you were doing it here. You kool-aid manning into the thread to talk about me, out of context for the conversation the thread was having, and vanishing, looks like it spilled out of scum chat.
B) No one is saying you made a hard push on me. I specifically claimed the opposite. Laying bread crumbs early that you were thinking about me so that on a later day you could make a hard push.

I assume this nonsense and aggression is an effort to throw me off the sent or something. It is not going to work.

----

Preview edit -- I see that you have revealed yourself, but not going to waste my typing. Sorry you keep getting scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Monathin posted:

It wasn't actually a spillover from scumchat and I actually do hate your meta with a violent passion. But okay. :)

I like that you are continuing the tradition of not thinking the reasons I picked you out as scum were valid or worthy. :) In all seriousness, feel free to broach the subject of my meta again post game in discord if you like. FWIW, time is truly a factor for me nowadays, so it isn't worth me investing hard in early game since that isn't my strength any way/I might get instagibbed. But, even if I wanted to, I mostly can't. Too much going on.

---

##cintamani Ixtlilton

---

Let's not end the day super early. I'd love it if Lurker rules activated.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mr. Steak posted:

##unvote

hot take: let's NOT kill monathin today.

i know this is a hard sell, but listen.

he's scumclaimed, which is nearly as good as a flip. as of now, flipping him will barely give us any more info. killing a confirmed scum might *seem* like the obvious choice right now, but seeing as we have yet to flip any scum, and only a maximum of 3 townies are dead out of 24 players, killing 1 scum won't extend lylo very far at all yet. keeping him in our back pocket as an actual free lylo extend is probably a better idea. plus, there's always the possibility that a town killing role can just get a free scumkill at night, while we score an additional lunch/flip during the day, informed by our new knowledge of mona's alignment.

i honestly see keeping mona around for now as the all-around best move for town.

now brb rereading mona's stuff pre-claim

This is a very bad idea. This is a role madness game. Who knows what amazing poo poo Mona can do. Also, this game gives full flips, we'll find out what Mona had the ability to do which will help inform us about what other scum can do.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Why are you giving the item to the claimed cop in a game with apparently 3 night kills? You absolute buffoons.

Maybe it will give him bulletproof or some other way to stay alive.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Taking my vote off until after we hit the lurker thresh hold just to be extra safe.

##unvote

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Steak.

Who is the scum we should be cuddling instead of Mona today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mr. Steak posted:

im also down for humalong, but nobody's gonna go for that, so

Do you have a case for these? Convince us.