Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

miniscule12 posted:

The supreme court recently declared worker protections for trans workers right? That happened under a trump presidency.

It happened because the powers that be wanted to make a concession to people pushing back. All victories for the lgbtq community happened because people pushed against conservative structures and can continue winning victories even in a second trump term as long as they keep pushing. You got to decouple your political goals from who is president because the president's job is to sit on a throne and legitimize illegitimate wars.

The democratic party has never done poo poo, and everyone should stop accepting "our promise is that we will do nothing" because you don't need them.

it's true

no actual progress has ever been achieved due to the initiative of the worthless demonrat party

Only the people United

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

miniscule12 posted:

The supreme court recently declared worker protections for trans workers right? That happened under a trump presidency.

It happened because the powers that be wanted to make a concession to people pushing back. All victories for the lgbtq community happened because people pushed against conservative structures and can continue winning victories even in a second trump term as long as they keep pushing. You got to decouple your political goals from who is president because the president's job is to sit on a throne and legitimize illegitimate wars.

The democratic party has never done poo poo, and everyone should stop accepting "our promise is that we will do nothing" because you don't need them.

So what you are saying is... Trump good?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Biden would be largely the same as trump, except with more decorum; ie: he'd have positive media coverage when caging children and killing brown people.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
That's my thing right now. They're very similar, but when Trump does even the slightest stupid thing it gets into national news. It's a new meltdown, something ridiculous and "unpresidential". We have entire social structures obsessed with criticizing him.

For Biden? They can't even wait to give him a pass on poo poo, so they're giving him a loving pass on everything he's already done, too. Four years ago "grab em by the pussy" was a sure disqualifier, and now our candidate has multiple harassment accusations and is credibly accused of rape. "kids in cages" they chant as they nominate and vote for the rear end in a top hat who helped build the border kennels.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
there's millions of white liberals who are desperate for trump to be gone because they incorrectly think that the awful horrible bullshit is coming only from his direction rather than making up the very fabric of the universe and the air they breathe

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

empty whippet box posted:

so, I have a trans twin sister. long story short, she texted me today, again trying to get me to vote for joe biden, again because she claims that joe biden will fight for trans rights. I think this is a ridiculously naive and stupid thing to think, and I am very clear about the fact that I am voting for the green party in large part BECAUSE trans rights are a central part of their platform. Joe Biden's weak, pathetic pandering in that direction does not convince me, nor does his voting record of being a bigot that goes back for loving decades. She said that biden coming out in support of gay marriage before obama did proves that I should vote for biden because he will make such a big difference, and wound up saying a lot of mean and hurtful things to me and calling me an anti-trans bigot and blocking me and poo poo because I am voting for the green party, in mississippi, instead of joe biden.

I really loving hate joe biden right now, seriously.

am i a bad person for kind of hating lgbt leadership right now for just happily ceding all credit for the movements achievements to barack obama and joe biden when they didnt even pretend to give a poo poo about these issues until the public opinion fight was already basically over

wait wait im sorry leadership is a strong word i mean celebrity shitheads who for some godforsaken reason are considered the standard bearers of the movement when they happily hang out with war criminals in their free time

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Some Guy TT posted:

am i a bad person for kind of hating lgbt leadership right now for just happily ceding all credit for the movements achievements to barack obama and joe biden when they didnt even pretend to give a poo poo about these issues until the public opinion fight was already basically over

wait wait im sorry leadership is a strong word i mean celebrity shitheads who for some godforsaken reason are considered the standard bearers of the movement when they happily hang out with war criminals in their free time

i absolutely loathe bootlicking queer people, they make me goddamn sick to my stomach and i'm gay as gently caress, all they want is to cede all power to meaningless figureheads

how the everloving gently caress you grow up any flavor of queer in america at any time during any of our lifetimes and not see how people will perpetuate injustice based on differences is beyond me. my entire goddamn childhood and teenage life, outside of my family who was good about most things and I have no problems with, i got to see straight white people in goddamn laramie wyoming feel very comfortable going on racist, sexist, and homophobic screeds because there is a quiet fat white boy in the room. these same straight white people put on a goddamn smile mask, but a D after their name and a rainbow flag in their profile and suddenly we can believe everything they say, they're great allies now, trust them with your safety.

just absolutely mush-brained loving idiocy, be better queer people for gently caress's sake, they'll sell you out the second they get done making sure rape is acceptable again

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i feel the worst for the ones too young to remember the bush years and by extension obamas first campaign the homophobia in this country wasnt subtle and made trump at his most evil look like a cuddly gay bear

they are the very first people biden would throw under the bus for even a hint of a promise from his best republican buddies in the senate

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

empty whippet box posted:

there's millions of white liberals who are desperate for trump to be gone because they incorrectly think that the awful horrible bullshit is coming only from his direction rather than making up the very fabric of the universe and the air they breathe

You really sound like you have a child's understanding of politics. Just because you don't agree with Joe Biden on everything doesn't mean he's actually just the same as Trump and that things can't get better.

You have no real plan for improving anything, vamping on forums and actively promoting the worst option will get us nowhere.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Fame Douglas posted:

You really sound like you have a child's understanding of politics. Just because you don't agree with Joe Biden on everything doesn't mean he's actually just the same as Trump and that things can't get better.

You have no real plan for improving anything, vamping on forums and actively promoting the worst option will get us nowhere.

things can’t get better because people like you exist

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Some Guy TT posted:

i feel the worst for the ones too young to remember the bush years and by extension obamas first campaign the homophobia in this country wasnt subtle and made trump at his most evil look like a cuddly gay bear

they are the very first people biden would throw under the bus for even a hint of a promise from his best republican buddies in the senate

the 2004 election basically made me lose all hope that anybody i grew up with or had the slightest smidge of what i then thought of as conservatism was redeemable or worthwhile as a human being. they were all in on homophobia so much that states went out of their way to ban it to look popular.

and the democrats will run that bad or worse in 2028 because by that point abortion will be gone and they'll need another target

trump is a better human being and president than any we've seen in our lives just by dint of showing us what a joke this bigoted system is and is far better than obama or bush, either one

all 3 are better human beings and presidents than biden would be though

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Fame Douglas posted:

rape is still wrong

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Fame Douglas posted:

What is the best Joe Biden policy that will improve the lives of American citizens?

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Fame Douglas posted:

Even though this shameful lib isn't saying the words "I will vote for Joe Biden" or "you should vote for Joe Biden", he is making arguments that Biden is better than Trump and that if you are promoting other options you are dumb and bad.

This lib is clearly voting for Biden and encouraging people to vote Biden on the NOJOE thread.

I leave it to the people's revolutionary court to decide what to do.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

fame are you doing phone banks for joe

are you canvassing

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

you have to tell me if you’re a cop

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Declan MacManus posted:

fame are you doing phone banks for joe

are you canvassing

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I made the mistake of going full Noe Joe in the Trump LoL thread and the SuccStorm that ensued was pretty intense, the aardvark had to start settling people down.

But my faith has not shaken and no matter how many people try to explain it to me I just don’t think that not voting for Trump or Joe Biden makes me a CHUD or a CHUD enabler

And if I’m being super honest people insisting that by not voting for their candidate I am part of the problem feels really fashy & authoritarian

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Fame Douglas posted:

Joe Biden is ON RECORD that he won't fix poo poo.

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Some Guy TT posted:

black leadership did the very same thing after slobbering over bloomberg for a couple of weeks back in the olden times and just goes to prove neoliberalism is a loving curse.

Fame Douglas posted:

actively promoting the worst option will get us nowhere.

maybe one day liberals will learn this lesson

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Fame Douglas posted:

Just wear a MAGA hat so they stop pestering you, IMO.

Another four years of Trump is obviously your preferred outcome, why not be honest about it instead of acting like you really care about trans rights and that's why you're helping Trump get elected?

lol this kind of sarcastic privilege shaming immediately gives the person away as a cynical pos who thinks all vulnerable populations are obedient democrats ready to fight for whatever incremental scraps theyre given by a democratic government. when what actually happens is they dont vote and overwhelmingly are the ones who dont vote because theyve has their spirits ground away by years of one step forward, two steps back “progress”

im trans, and im not voting for biden, and afaik neither are any of my trans friends. hope you get kicked in the dick you stupid motherfucker

edit:

Fame Douglas posted:

hahahahaha christ

misadventurous has issued a correction as of 15:23 on Jul 14, 2020

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

things can’t get better because people like you exist

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

misadventurous posted:

im trans, and im not voting for biden, and afaik neither are any of my trans friends. hope you get kicked in the dick you stupid motherfucker

it makes me genuinely happy to hear that yay smart people

i don't really have friends but in the before times i convinced several growlr hookups not to, who knows if it stuck but i just enjoy political hookup as an idea

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
I don't know anyone in the queer community who likes Biden except for, like, older white property owning gays involved in downtown redevelopment schemes

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Kitfox88 posted:

doing this in pa :mrgw:

:hfive:

Bust Rodd posted:

And if I’m being super honest people insisting that by not voting for their candidate I am part of the problem feels really fashy & authoritarian

It is! Liberals are anti-authoritarian only until someone challenges their worldview, then it's fash o'clock.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

papa horny michael posted:

I don't know anyone in the queer community who likes Biden except for, like, older white property owning gays involved in downtown redevelopment schemes

it's not that they like him, it's that they are resigned to voting for him because most gays don't like thinking about politics any more than most people and are just more fully in the pocket of blue good red bad because republicans have been using us as a whipping boy of degeneracy for so long that nobody wants to look at the slimy rear end democrats who will sell you out the second it is convenient

i want to respect a community of my notional peers more but holy gently caress some people really want to be ignorant and I was probably far worse a few years ago lol

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Zvahl posted:

it's not that they like him, it's that they are resigned to voting for him because most gays don't like thinking about politics any more than most people and are just more fully in the pocket of blue good red bad because republicans have been using us as a whipping boy of degeneracy for so long that nobody wants to look at the slimy rear end democrats who will sell you out the second it is convenient

i want to respect a community of my notional peers more but holy gently caress some people really want to be ignorant and I was probably far worse a few years ago lol

they like him because they are the enemy, not through lesser evil resignation.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

papa horny michael posted:

they like him because they are the enemy, not through lesser evil resignation.

i meant the generic non-bougie gays as re: democrats and just phrased it poorly, sorry

the actual bourgeois homos are fully aware of exactly what good biden will do for their bank and are completely on board because there's no single thing they desire more than democrats being as conservative as possible just without the slurs and i hate them more than their straight counterparts just because they are closer to home

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fame Douglas posted:

Shut the gently caress up and go away and please leave me alone forever you condescending piece of poo poo. How the gently caress are you not getting banned for this poo poo?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
I think no bans are going through until the websites completely under Jeffrey's control. So Michelle Goldberg up there is free to post

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the way that democratic party elements overlap and infiltrate the organization of street movements disproves the claim that it will be easier to influence a Biden led government. Bush was opposed by a huge anti-war movement and immigrant rights movement. The immigrant rights movement did stop the passage of reactionary laws, so these movements had some power. However, both had a big amount of energy pushed into electing democrats, who then demobilized large parts of the movement and betrayed them.

Obama proceeded to wage war against destroy another Middle Eastern country, with only very small protests opposing him in the US. Obama did implement DACA in his second term, but it was in response to what was basically a dissident section of the immigrant rights struggle returning to direct action. The mass protests for immigrant rights did not happen under Obama. Then Trump got put into power and did all he could to reverse Obama's minor concessions.

I think protests like the recent George Floyd uprisings can and should continue if Biden gets elected. but, people have to realize that Biden is just as much of an obstacle to change as Trump.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
no idea on the bans and it's probably like was said above

but someone who thinks joe biden is a solution is someone whose contempt you should relish, he's a conservative rear end in a top hat who thinks rape is fine if the person doing it is sufficiently powerful

you're a pretty fun person and your politics are good =)

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

leftists being childish/throwing a tantrum/needing to grow up might be the most infuriating lib line after the russophobia

especially given it’s usually addressed to people in their 30s and 40s who have probably voted “pragmatically” most of their lives (not that it would be less lovely to address a younger adult like that)

can’t even imagine it’s productive. who the hell wants to listen to someone who talks to you like you’re a stupid child? are they projecting their need for a compassionate but firm manager/strong mom to tell them to clean their room??

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

misadventurous posted:

leftists being childish/throwing a tantrum/needing to grow up might be the most infuriating lib line after the russophobia

especially given it’s usually addressed to people in their 30s and 40s who have probably voted “pragmatically” most of their lives (not that it would be less lovely to address a younger adult like that)

can’t even imagine it’s productive. who the hell wants to listen to someone who talks to you like you’re a stupid child? are they projecting their need for a compassionate but firm manager/strong mom to tell them to clean their room??

love to be a 38 year old child with a full time job and no medical insurance, i'm sure boomers would have handled being called childish at 38 very well and normally

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

“younger voters” like “millennials” are all perpetually snot nosed punk teenagers in the boomer minds eye

capable of destroying industries and deciding elections, but also we’re immature and don’t really know what we want and need to shush while the grownups are talking. and none of us vote anyway so our opinions don’t matter

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Fame Douglas posted:

sounds like the phone banking isnt going well :kiddo:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fame Douglas posted:

you’re a rape enabler, dipshit. you support men raping women and being rewarded for it.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
People who think this impossibly dumbfuck shithole country is salvageable are as dumb as chuds. People who think Joe Biden is the one who can salvage it are even dumber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

OutOfPrint posted:

It is! Liberals are anti-authoritarian only until someone challenges their worldview, then it's fash o'clock.

Ten degrees to the left of center in good times, ten degrees to the right of center when it affects them personally. Phil Ochs remains timeless.