Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

The policies Biden pushed directly harm me. I will never vote for Joe Biden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I'm still not voting for Joe Biden.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

World War Mammories posted:

still not voting for joe biden in pennsylvania and feeling very good about it

Same, but specifically in Scranton.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

euphronius posted:

I live in PA it owns

gently caress you Biden

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Vote for Hitler because mechahitler has rocket launchers on his shoulders and chainsaw hands.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

KaptainKrunk posted:

GOP is already revealing the playbook: close polling places in communities of color, cite COVID, say that liberals don't care about a disease which overwhelmingly kills black people if they say anything

people in the philly suburbs are going to go "ah, man, I hate Trump but, I just don't think it is safe to go out and vote" and loss of PA pretty much seals the election

We have universal mail in voting in PA now. You can request a ballot for any reason. Not that your scenario won't happen, just wanted to point that out.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Biden's policies have done more harm to me than trumps and I'm supposed to vote for the lesser evil lmao

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Zvahl posted:

no you're not bc the lesser evil is trump, at least he might accidentally do something good like send pissbabies to invade venezuela

I should have put lesser evil in scare quotes.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Zvahl posted:

if it makes you feel any better i'd have been a humorless jerk about it then too probably

i mostly just like bringing up the pissbabies

Hell, who doesn't?

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I recommend Liberalism: a Counter History if you want to get an idea of how horrible liberals have always been. Dividing people up into races, saying that slavery made freedom sweeter for slave holders, arguing that only elites were capable of making decisions, valuing property over human lives: it's all there right from the start. You even get to hear people gripe about how abolitionists are the real bigots because of how mean they are to pro-slavery people!

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I've seen a few while out for walks but like 3 in a 4 mile route.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Pretty sure I'm going to vote Howie and write in Stalin to every other option on my mail-in.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Byzantine posted:

I think that violates NoJoe.

gently caress!!,

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

The idea that you don't stand for anything until the polls say it's OK is abhorrent and completely normalized.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

u_s_eh posted:

Dems are brain dead
My vote is nay
Can’t support Biden
I live in PA

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Obi-Wan and the rest of the jedi were blind, feckless liberals who shepherded in the fascist regime, checks out.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I posted about this in the succ zone a few years ago but lately I've been thinking about the time my buddy and I got pulled over for going through a green light (cop said it was red) and when he showed up to contest it the judge was a childhood acquaintance of Biden's who was complaining about him to someone in the court room.

This guy hated Biden and called him a bastard and a son of a bitch. They used to go to the dime movies together and Biden would stand up and start yelling at the screen. He said Joe got over his speech impediment by putting marbles in his mouth and giving speeches in his back yard. He also claimed that Biden cheated him out of all his baseball cards by gluing cards together when they played flips.

Is this the character of the man you want leading our nation? For these reasons and more I say: No Joe

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Sydin posted:

But did he at least get out of the ticket?

Yeah he sat there for 45 minutes listening to these old men gossip and the cop never showed up.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

triple sulk posted:

still thinking about the day i get to not give my incredibly valuable pennsylvania vote to joe biden

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Business Gorillas posted:

Don't think about if Biden would be worse than Trump. Instead, consider if Trump is worse than whatever would come after 4 years of Dems in power and doing absolutely nothing to help anyone.

A center-right party ratfucking the left and letting the far right reorganize for 4 years in the middle of a depression is how the Nazis got power, folks

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

from a couple of pages back, but i thought this was a good explainer on dialectical materialism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neI-ol2AowM

also: gently caress joe biden, gently caress the democrats, they deserve ritual shaming on a public scaffold at the very least.

The second video in this series is up, too. She's worth a follow on youtube and her twitter is decent, too. I like hearing from international comrades.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I'm getting really pumped up to not vote for Joe.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Even Nima Shirazi is retweeting Robinson's moronic takes.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

The idea that the bumbling narcissist has some really evil secret plans that they're waiting to deploy in the second term is nonsensical. They had a huge battery of shock and awe plans laid out for the first month of the administration and all they managed was the Muslim ban. But I'm supposed to vote for the other guy promising a police state crackdown to stop the supposedly increased threat from a known quantity. Moronic.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

It's incredibly telling that people started shrieking about how we're never going to have another election after the post office fuckery instead of after Obama and the media installed Biden.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

There's never even any specifics given about what biden will do better, or even differently.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Declan MacManus posted:

"voting as harm prevention" is the hardest habit for well meaning leftists to break

hell, i'd probably vote dem if it wasn't loving joe god drat biden

Yeah but seeing it come from the people who understand that the dems going right just pushes the republicans further right is... disheartening? Infuriating? I don't even really know. I guess it makes me more cynical or less likely to trust their opinions in future.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

papa horny michael posted:

The harm reduction i'm seeing in the comments is that leftists won't be capable of organizing at all under four more years of a Trump presidency. Can't believe how emboldened by Trump democratic politicians will be that they decide to take us out completely.

The person who has emboldened the left more than anyone in my lifetime is bad for the left. What we need is the #2 to the guy that coordinated the national effort to destroy occupy Wallstreet.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

corgski posted:

What gets me is everyone screaming about how trump is going to rig the election and then insisting the solution is to go vote in the rigged election.
A revolution would upset the status quo which makes liberals so comfortable which is why they've gone running into the arms of fascists every time this happens. Coincidentally the foundational liberal thinkers also loved racial hierarchy and "temporary" dictatorships to resolve crises. I wonder where fascism came from?

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

PipHelix posted:

Joe Scranton, the Moosic Avenger
lmao

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

chaleski posted:

Literally the only things I've heard Joe be adamant about is being against Marijuana legalization and pro-fracking

Hundreds of millions more in funding for the police.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I'm seeing about an even number of Biden and Trump signs on my walk but the Trump people often have large flags compared to the low energy Biden lawn signs that were in place before he even chose a VP. There are, however, two embarrassingly large Biden signs that I have witnessed, one of which lists the entire Dem ticket for our district. I saw a "get on the Trump train" flag which made me think of Biden loving up everyone's commute by using amtrak.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Dom is Here posted:

Not casting a vote for Joe from beautiful Scranton PA will be a most delightful treat. I almost pity the rest of you. I could not be in a better location for a NO JOE nonvote

Can't pity me, I'm there, too!

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Yeah by confirming you'll vote for any old ghoul you're definitely helping to elect progressives lmao

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

You're supposed to take a hostage and issue demands, not make yourself into a hostage and then issue demands.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Zvahl posted:

all you motherfuckers living in pennsylvania and not voting for biden well i need to vent my feelings so here it goes

i'm deeply jealous thank you that is all

I'm honored to be thanked for my service by noted good poster Zvahl.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Reality Protester posted:

does it say VOTE on Jill's boots?

yes and they cost $700

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Sad Billionaire posted:

Just got a text from the state party asking if i support Joe. Told em no. Wanted to bring up some ridiculously niche issue as the reason, but couldnt think of anything cool.

He cheated that judge I posted about out of all his baseball cards!

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Business Gorillas posted:

joe, wearing a poncho over his suit and holding a "michelada" that's just a virgin bloody mary with a lime in it:

"listen here, juan, this trumpo gringo's gonna mexican hat dance around the issues!"

Escúchame, gordo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Skeptical vote in 08 against McCain more than anything, didn't vote in 12 because gently caress Obama forever, terrified of losing my medicaid so I voted in 16, certainly not voting for the guy who made it impossible to get out of my student loans unless I'm declared totally disabled, which is virtually impossible.