Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

I've always thought it would be kind of fun kind of cheeky to intentionally "claim" the first post in any new thread that gets posted. Kind of like a game where you have to stay constantly logged in and refreshing the page to snag a new threads first post before anyone else. Maybe a funny catchphrase too like "First Post!" Or something too? Anyway this was a random shower thought I had and maybe it's just too crazy but that would be a pretty original gimmick I think if you could actually pull it off!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Bronze Fonz posted:

toilet paper scalpers

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Change your name to Literally A Gimmick

Literally A Grimdark
Post as if you live in a grimdark dystopian future.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

The Bramble posted:

I've always thought it would be kind of fun kind of cheeky to intentionally "claim" the first post in any new thread that gets posted. Kind of like a game where you have to stay constantly logged in and refreshing the page to snag a new threads first post before anyone else. Maybe a funny catchphrase too like "First Post!" Or something too? Anyway this was a random shower thought I had and maybe it's just too crazy but that would be a pretty original gimmick I think if you could actually pull it off!!

This would require constantly vigilance and attention.

Easier variant: saunter into each thread whenever you please, berate the OP at your leisure. The gimmick could be that you attack the OP in the same way every time, no matter who the OP is or what the thread is about.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Try a play on another mods username. Butt sexual, peensplicer, you get the idea.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Change your name to "Figuratively A Geezer" maybe you post coherently, maybe you go on an Abe Simpson style ramble, keep us guessing.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
PM other goons (not me) to make your posts for you.

So it'd look like this:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Yeah, hey, Literally A Person wanted me to tell you guys he said "lol" and the "Bye Whore" smiley.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

pixaal posted:

Literally A Grimdark
Post as if you live in a grimdark dystopian future.

YOU THINK THIS IS A loving GAME! THIS IS loving SERIOUS!! THIS IS MY loving LIFE!!!!

My Shoes posted:

Ok, I got one.

Only post really idiotic ridiculous and inappropriate things in threads. Include a subsequent post where you quote yourself and underneath include the phrase. "Did I do that?"

Change your avatar to Urkel.

Saying "did I do that?" when in fact you know you done did that is the purest comedy. :hai:

gary oldmans diary posted:

first change your name to wiki wild wild threads. then every time you post in a thread copy all of your previous post in that thread (which you then edit out) into the beginning of your new post. that way no one will have to go searching for previous posts of yours

I like this because it means there is a lot of me per post. The only thing that could make my posting more powerful? Perhaps.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Change your name to Literally A Gimmick

LAG? I don't know....

Obsidianheart posted:

PM other goons (not me) to make your posts for you.

So it'd look like this:

I'll be taking applications. If you think you have what it takes send me a PM with your qualifications and I'll get back to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

What about a catchphrase? I recommend "that's-a a spicy meatball!" at the end of every post, or as a reply to a controversial post.