Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

it begins. next stepis modifying your toaster oven to add insulation, heat probes, a third element and a touchscreen controlled microprocessor so you can use the power of surface tension to flow those tiny little surface mount components all at once

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Tweezer Reprise posted:

Has anyone here used NINJAM? I've gotten it set up for a few of my friends and it's been great even though I have so much more I want to accomplish in terms of jamming and improvising.

been meaning to

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

get an EWI

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

Nice. What kind of stuff are you looking to do?

I sing pretty much all the time with random stuff. Jason Mraz is probably one of my favorites for it. I've been slowly working on getting my pitch just right. I tend to be ~5 cents flat. Also like to sing Ben Folds stuff a lot. First (only) maroon 5 album is also great for it.

post it

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

RIP echonest. i started getting into that with a coder friend

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

can you utilise stuff like idk unreal engine to make stuff similar to say..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqayDnQ2wmw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev3vENli7wQ

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Iím gonna try some actual tracker stuff with this big bitch, but I kinda want to try a modern one too

btw if anyone knows Amigas pls help because I know nothing

jfc how much was that? full envy here

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

relative_q posted:

if you're looking for tracker-style production suites, and feel like you'd rather spend that $80 on beer, you could try buzz first: http://jeskola.net/buzz/

i produced shitloads of music with this software over the years. it takes some getting used to, as its interface is pretty different from any other production suite i've ever used, but once you "get it", it owns

rectal anarchy ftw

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

echinopsis posted:

anyone got any comments on this? maybe good?

get it, imo. even if you end up with a better keyboard eventually that's a lot of midi control.. you can map so many different things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

echinopsis posted:

. if I can assign the pots to things inside ableton thatíll make for some decent controllability

you can, and the transports, faders, pads