Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Working from home today. Gonna play some piano at lunch

e: trip report: it ruled

Asleep Style fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

I've been playing piano for a few years and have recently been wanting a way to create my own backing tracks I can riff over. after some googling, I'm pretty confused about what my options are

ideally I'd like something where it's easy to create a simple loop and iterate on it. a standalone device feels like a better fit than software just because I don't have a dedicated computer for this and I'd prefer as little setup as possible each time. I'm open to changing my mind on this if software options are better

equipment wise at the moment I have a pretty nice digital piano (kawai es8). it was chosen to mimic an acoustic piano as closely as possible - even though I think it has built in tools to record and loop it has a limited set of sounds built in

any suggestions?