Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

it’s 808 day today

https://twitter.com/djsoulsister/status/1292127031954735104?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

what are some good monitor headphones that can help me hear what a song actually sounds like?

I’ve been working on a track for a week or so now and for the first time played it in my car as a test, where I promptly realized that the hats were up way too high and the snare had some metallic twang in it that I hated and had never heard until that moment. it was then I realized that my current headphones are really cutting the high end out and to make the track sound good on them I have to make it sound like crap in systems that can actually reproduce the highs

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’ve been having a grand old time in Beatmaker 3 for iOS. the sampler is really, really good and it can pull audio right from YouTube.

makes sampling and looping easy as hell.

it unfortunately does not make up for my lack of creativity

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

there needs to be a big innovation in scratching to make it interesting again.

people wore the poo poo out of serato and........welp :shrug:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

well why not posted:

Andrew is cool. he makes some really diverse music and the enthusiasm is infectious. his main music isn’t for me but a lot of his experiments are sick

There is something with him and the algorithm where if I click on one of his videos, that's all Youtube ever assumes I want to see forever. Must be something with my watch patterns and his channel that matches up well

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

hell yeah soldering rules

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

you should see how the remix “Eatin rear end/kickin pussy” plays

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

some stuff I’ve been messing with in beatmaker 3 on the ipad

https://vocaroo.com/13sPzlAtdPDc

I’m a fan of sampling and a fan of its sampler

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

its good to hear real music in this thread instead of electronic garbage (which is programming but not real music)

hot take alert :siren:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

yeah I don’t know where I want to go with that or maybe I’ll just pull it. it doesn’t fit as is

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

the gods of goodwill have smiled upon me today.

now let’s hope it works :ohdear:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

echinopsis posted:

also decided I need to learn to live with this setup. absolutely learn and exhaust it before getting anything else. time to mega focus on the music

this is a good approach. it’s easy to fall into the “my music will definitely sound like I want if I just buy this thing” trap where you do it over and over and over.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

you could get a streamdeck and have it display all of that on its buttons, but the knobs wouldn’t be by the display

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

relatedly, is there anything like audacity for the iPad?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jonny what is the tracker-like daw that you like? was it Reason?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’m gonna try some actual tracker stuff with this big bitch, but I kinda want to try a modern one too

btw if anyone knows Amigas pls help because I know nothing

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

OK Amigaknowers, help me out here, because I've never seen any of this stuff before.

On the front, we have two floppies, and a syquest drive, which i had completely forgotten was even a thing that existed. I really hope it works, because I have a weird thing for ancient and strange media. Also the Syquest is labeled "Games 2" which is promising

Around back we have a metric ton of BNC connectors, what looks like a big SCSI port, and I'm assuming otherwise normal Amiga stuff. Also what looks like some sort of spill. Chicken soup? Mountain Dew? Whatever it is, its rock hard

Looking inside, we see, a LOT of hard drives, two mounted on things called Trumpcards :chaostrump: and one on what I am assuming is the CPU card? Its the thing with the big SCSI looking connector on the back. And a big mess of ribbon cables

On the side we see, a Video Toaster 4000. I really dont know much about these, other than hearing about them as a youngin with my Pentium-75 Gateway and how they were good for video work

There are two other cards next to the :trumppop: cards and I cant really tell what they are. One has RCA connections on the back, and the other has BNC

Closer shot of the CPU(?) card

The motherboard is a rev 6.4, which I've come to understand is something that matters in the Amiga world?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

Renoise!

There's a demo on the site and the full version is like 79 bucks or something. I bought it because they own and are doing god's work.

I knew it was something that started with R! I'll check out the demo, $80 is basically free when it comes to DAWs, drat

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Crime on a Dime posted:

jfc how much was that? full envy here

someone recycled it :shobon:

it was headed to the shredder before I grabbed it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

beheringer is one of those companies where they make a lot of so-so stuff but a few of their products are astoundingly good, especially for the cost.

their usb low latency soundcards are another one of those things, $20 for a really drat good audio interface.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’m the vape and also the devil may cry poster

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

the thumbnail makes it look like he’s live from a bathroom and I refuse to believe anything else now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:hmmyes: